Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+12
pippi
Frodo
tesamoine
RenaissanceMom
Sportygal2009
JustTheFacts
kac
Ghostly
luvtoread
_DD_
tweetypie
genkicoll
16 posters

Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:01 am

Lots of stuff going on today!

At Big Fish we have Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose, which is getting pretty good reviews from the BF crowd. The Daily Deal is Mirror Mysteries, which is a good game, but it has a game-stopping glitch if you do something in the wrong order, so be warned! All Blue Tea Games -- including the CE's! -- are half-off this weekend, using the coupon code BLUE. In my opinion, Blue Tea makes some of the very best games available, so check 'em out if you don't already have 'em all! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 765500672

At GameHouse today you will find Forrest Gump Match 3 by Reel Deal. You might remember that Reel Deal already released a slots version of this game. All GH games are now on sale for 40% off, using the code HOLIDAY. Whee, sales~! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 3026146359

iWin now has Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3, and Alawar's Special Holiday Deal is a 24-hour free-play on Amelie's Cafe: Holiday Spirit.

Steam's Daily Deal Rigonauts for $3.39, and you can click HERE to see GamersGate's four deals.

GOG has hundreds of games on sale through January 3rd, with new deals each day, so be sure to check those out!

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of The Torment of Whitewall. This is apparently a love-it or hate-it game, as it is getting widely varied reviews. The Daily Deal is Chronicles of Albian: The Magic Convention, which is a Gardenscapes-style hidden object game where you are fixing up a castle.

iWin now has the Collector's Edition of Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty.

There's nothing new at GameHouse today, but don't forget that all games are 1/2 off using the code HOLIDAY.

Alawar's Special Holiday Deal is a 24-hour free-play on Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens.

Steam's Daily Deal is Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten for $5.09, and you can click HERE to see GamersGate's four deals.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 am

The update will be late today! Look for my post roundabouts 12:30 PST (that's Big Fish time) Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 2192154215
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 pm

OK, so my errands took a lot longer than I'd expected! haha

The TGT at Big Fish is Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror, a Fairway Solitaire-type of game which is getting some mixed reviews. It seems like it's more geared at humor than difficulty, so if that's your thing, check it out Elk grin On the plus side, you get a bonus punch on your card if you purchase today. The Daily Deal is Pizza Chef 2, which is a Match-3/TM combo, and which I bought without trying (loved the first one!) The Catch of the Week is the most excellent Mystery Stories 3: Mountain of Madness. This is one of my favorite games, definitely recommended. Click HERE to check out my review.

Both iWin and GameHouse have now released Garden Rescue: Christmas Edition.

Alawar's Special Holiday Deal is a 24-hour free-play on Mega World Smash.

Steam's Daily Deal is Spellforce Complete for $9.99, and you can click HERE to see GamersGate's four deals.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Another late update! I'm likely to be late for this next week, things are HECTIC getting ready for Christmas! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 339038167

The TGT at Big Fish is (as you probably noticed) Christmas Wonderland 3. My sis, who loves straight HOG's, finds these games to be incredibly addictive. The Daily Deal is Super Granny 6, which is a platformer. BF is running a special on the Collector's Edition of Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession. If you buy today, you can get it for $9.99 by using the code GRIM.

GameHouse now has Dragon Crossroads at their place, and iWin has gotten Christmas Mahjong.

Alawar's Special Holiday Deal is a 24-hour free-play on Vampires vs. Zombies.

Steam's Daily Deal is Jade Empire: Special Edition for $3.74, and you can click HERE to see GamersGate's four deals.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:45 pm

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Fishdom 3. Highly recommended if you don't already have the CE Elk grin There is a soft release of The Curse of the Werewolves, and only a few people have reviewed it thus far, so I'm not really sure about the quality of the game. The Daily Deal is Island Tribe 3, always a fun series if you like TM's. Today only you can get Margrave 4: The Blacksmith's Daughter for $9.99 using the code MARGRAVE.

GameHouse now has Dark Parables 2: The Exiled Prince (as a SE only).

Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can is now out as a Collector's Edition at iWin.

Alawar has gotten Monument Builder 1: Eiffel Tower, and their Special Holiday Deal is a 24-hour free-play on Snark Busters: High Society.

Steam's Daily Deal is Containment: The Zombie Puzzler for $1.69, and you can click HERE to see GamersGate's four deals.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:05 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Reality Show: Fatal Shot, and if you buy today, you will earn a bonus punch on your card. There's a soft release of Hero of the Kingdom, a new strategy/TM. I'll add a topic for it later if it looks to be a good one (gotta run SOON!) The Daily Deal is Holiday Bonus Gold.

Both GameHouse and iWin have added Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood to their respective sites.

Alawar has released a new game (yay!), this one being the Collector's Edition of Lake House: Children of Silence. their Special Holiday Deal is a 24-hour free-play on Farm Frenzy 3.

Steam's Daily Deal is not up yet, and you can click HERE to see GamersGate's four deals.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:56 am

There's a new Big City Adventure game out at Big Fish today, and this time we visit Paris <--(game link). The Daily Deal is Mushroom Age, a fantastically funny adventure-lite, which I highly recommend Elk grin You can see my review HERE. Coupon codes are HALF-OFF at Big Fish, and you can buy both SE and CE codes if you like! The Groupon deal is even better for SE's ($3.00 each), and I'll be posting all of that information as soon as I can.

Monument Builders 3: Statue of Liberty is now out at GameHouse, plus there are fifteen holiday games on sale for $2.99 each. You can find them HERE.

iWin now has the Standard Edition ofGames, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 Empty Margrave 4: The Blacksmith's Daughter, and today Alawar is doing something a little different for their Special Holiday Deal: Five Collector's Editions are on sale for 1/2 off. I've played two of them: Sacra Terra and Brink of Consciousness, and both are worth full price for the CE's. In other words, AWESOME deal! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 1404866550

Steam has a TON of Daily Deals, as does GamersGate! You can click HERE to see GamersGate's deals.

Happy gaming!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:50 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Christmas Stories: Nutcracker, and there is a soft release of Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep. The Daily Deal is Hallowed Legends 2: Templar, and don't forget that all games are buy-one-get-one-free through Christmas Day!

Christmas Mahjong is now out at GameHouse, and new at iWin today is Shop-n-Spree: Shopping Paradise.

The Alawar Special Holiday Deal with five Collector's Editions on sale for 1/2 off is still running - I expect it will be through Christmas, though you never know Wink

Steam's special deals are HERE, and click HERE to see GamersGate's deals. Don't forget that GOG has a ton of deals, too! Click HERE to see their deals.

Happy gaming!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 am

The Collector's Edition of Lake House: Children of Silence is now out at Big Fish. This game is by Alawar, and I'm not surprised to see that it has a full 5-star rating at the moment. The Daily Deal is Shiver 2: Poltergeist. The first Shiver was incredible, but I haven't tried this one yet. Another to-be-played game, what else is new? Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 339038167

iWin now has the Collector's Edition of Awakening 4: The Skyward Castle, and I believe that I forgot to mention that they are having a 50% off sale on fifteen games.

The Alawar Special Holiday Deal
    with five Collector's Editions on sale for 1/2 off is still running.

Steam's special deals are HERE, click HERE to see GamersGate's deals, and click HERE to see GOG's deals.

Happy gaming!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 am

There are two new games at Big Fish today: The TGT, Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems, and a soft release of Undead Tidings, which kind of looks like Elf Bowling. The Catch of the Week is Dark Tales 3: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial, and the Daily Deal is Be a King: Golden Empire.

Both GameHouse and iWin now have the Collector's Edition of Fishdom 3 at their sites.

The Alawar Special Holiday Deal is a selection of five Collector's Editions, on sale for 1/2 off.

Steam's special deals are HERE, click HERE to see GamersGate's deals, and click HERE to see GOG's deals.

Happy gaming!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:24 pm

The SE of the new MCF is now out, and you can find the link here: Mystery Case Files 9: Shadow Lake. The Daily Deal is Happy Chef.

Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey is now out at GameHouse, and Christmas Wonderland 3 is out at iWin.

The Alawar Special Holiday Deal is a selection of five Collector's Editions, on sale for 1/2 off.

Happy gaming, and Merry Christmas! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 176584721
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of The Beast of Lycan Isle. The Daily Deal is Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibabla, a game which I really enjoyed, despite the formulaic gameplay, and which has some great unexpected humor. BF is running the MCF sale again, this time for the SE buyers of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake. Buy today and get any other MCF SE's for $2.99 each, using the code MCF.

GameHouse now has the PE of Dark Arcana: The Carnival, but what I want to know is what extras are in this premium edition (which BF didn't get!) >_< Great game, btw!

Undead Tidings is now out at iWin, and there's nothing special to report at Alawar today.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:36 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Spirits of Mystery 3: The Dark Minotaur. If you buy today, you can get the either or both of the previous SE's for $2.99 each using the code SPIRITS. The Daily Deal is G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire, a game which I kind of enjoyed, but it was missing that little something that would make it a truly great game for me. Still, at $2.99 it's worth checking out~ Wink

Alawar has a new TM/Strategy game out, and Meridian: Age of Invention looks like a good one to me!

Also a TM/Strategy, A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade is now out at iWin.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 am

New at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Haunted Legends 3: The Undertaker. The Daily Deal is Haunted Manor 2: Queen of Death, and the special on the Spirits of Mystery games is still on (scroll up to the last post to see.)

The Curse of the Werewolves
    is now out as a Standard Edition at GameHouse, and the SE of Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit is out at iWin.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 am

I'm a bit under the weather, hence the lack of update yesterday. No worries, though, all of the information will be added to this single post~ Wink

New at Big Fish yesterday was The Missing 2: Island of Lost Ships. The first one was released as a CE, but I guess not enough people bought that version to warrant making this one anything but a SE. Shame, I enjoyed The Missing 1 very much Sunny. The TGT is the Collector's Edition of Nightmare Realm 2: In the End.... I've been waiting for this one! I hope that it's as good as the first one! Today's Daily Deal is Azada 3: In Libro, which I think is a puzzle-adventure game (could be mistaken, of course Wink)

Now out at iWin are the Standard Editions of both Redemption Cemetery 3: Grave Testimony and Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed.

Steam's special deals are HERE, click HERE to see GamersGate's deals, and click HERE to see GOG's deals. Big Fish is running a 2012 Customer Favorite Awards promo, where you can get the SE of 60 games for $4.99 each using the code WINNER.

Nothing new happening elsewhere, but it's early, so something could always pop up later.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

The TGT at Big Fish is King Oddball, a puzzle-arcade game. The Daily Deal is
    World`s Greatest Cities Mahjong, and the Catch of the Week is Reincarnations 3: Back to Reality. I enjoyed the first two games in the series, but haven't had a chance to play this third one, yet.

GameHouse's new game today is Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster 2, and they still have some holiday games on sale for $2.99.

iWin now has the Collector's Edition ofGames, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 Empty Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga at their place.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:43 am

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 3488147163! Big Fish is running a 1/2 (regular) price CE sale - get any Collector's Edition game(s) for $9.99 using the code 2013. In other BF news, the TGT is the standard edition of Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief, and the Daily Deal is Youda Farmer 2: Save the Village.

GameHouse now has Strike Solitaire, and while they don't have a New Year's sale going on, they are still running their $2.99 Winter Wonderland Promotion.

iWin has two releases today, the first of which is the match-3 game Legend of Mystery High Cultures, and the second being the Collector's Edition of Dark Arcana: The Carnival. They are having a 50% off sale on fifteen games, which you can find HERE.

Alawar now has World Mosaics 6, and no New Year's promo for them.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 am

This is going to be short and sweet today.

The TGT at BF is Fallen: The Flowers of Evil, a game which did not start out as a CE for once. The DD is Monument Builder 1: Eiffel Tower.

GameHouse now has the SE of Golden Trail: Guardian's Creed, and iWin has Be Richest!

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 pm

I never made the daily announcement today - naughty me! Elk grin

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen, and the DD is Stone Age Cafe.

Jigsaw BOOM is now out at GameHouse, and iWin now has the extended edition of The Three Musketeers (which is by HdO.)

There's a new game out at Alawar, Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible. It will likely be out at Big Fish in the next three weeks or so~

The holiday deals are finished at GOG, but they're still running at Steam and GamersGate.

Happy gaming, and I'll try to post MUCH earlier tomorrow Wink
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 am

Missed a day, didn't I? Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 7 1339004300 *snicker*

Yesterday and today we got standard editions at Big Fish: Phantasmat 2: Crucible Peak and Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper, respectively. Today's Daily Deal is Shattered Minds 2: Encore. BF is running another 1/2 price sale: CE's are $9.99 using the code NEW, and SE's are $4.99 using the code YEAR.

GameHouse and iWin now both have World Mosaics 6.

Steam and GamersGate are both still at it with the holiday sales, so be sure to check 'em out whilst you can Smile

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman (known as Sleepy Hollow: The Headless Horseman during beta.) The Daily Deal is Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts, which I remember nothing about, but which has some pretty good reviews! Looks like a solid game, and a good deal at $2.99.

iWin has a dual release of Ashes of Immortality 1 and the Collector's Edition of Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters.

Nothing new at Alawar or GameHouse, but Steam and GamersGate are still going with the holiday deals! Steam's got a "Best of" promo, and there are some great offers in there.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 am

New at Big Fish today is a Tycoon-like SIM by the name of Ancient Rome 2. Get an extra punch if you buy today. The Daily Deal is Pyramid Pays Slots II, and the Catch of the Week is Echoes of the Past 3: The Citadels of Time.

GameHouse now has the Platinum Edition of Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can. I still don't know the difference between their Platinum and Premium editions, though I suspect that one you can play on their FunPass ("free" unlimited play) subscription, and the other you can't... Just don't know which is which.

The Witch's Green Amulet is a game I know absolutely nothing about, but you can now find it at iWin. I like the rich colors of the screens, so hopefully it's one of those (now) rare straight to SE games that is of good quality. I'll try it when it gets to Big Fish Smile

The holiday deals at Steam are still running, and the daily deal at GamersGate is ArmA 2 Combined Operations for $14.98.

Happy gaming!
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 am

genkicoll wrote:GameHouse now has the Platinum Edition of Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can. I still don't know the difference between their Platinum and Premium editions, though I suspect that one you can play on their FunPass ("free" unlimited play) subscription, and the other you can't... Just don't know which is which.

I'm a FunPass subscriber at GH and can play Premium Editions with it there, but not Platinum Editions.
    Platinum Editions must be bought, but members get 30% off the retail price of $19.99. They can use their FunTickets on them (something on the "normal" subscription like BFG's monthly game credit), 2 of them actually, and FunPass subscribers can also use their coins (a so-called sign-in bonus) via game coupons, but just to a certain degree.
    I haven't found out yet, whether there are differences between the game versions with regard to contents, but from the game descriptions, I think rather not.

If this doesn't belong here, feel free to move or delete it. Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks, DD! No reason to move it, just copied it to a new thread. It's good info to have in both places Sunny

So I was bad yesterday and didn't make an update... not that a whole lot was going on Silly face

The Match-3 released at BF yesterday, Panda Gourmet, has gotten some pretty lackluster reviews. People want to have a lot of interaction with their games nowadays, and don't really appreciate the more simple games, anymore. I made a topic here despite that, because I happen to know people who prefer their match-3's without all the bells and whistles! Besides, it looks cute Elk grin Today's TGT is Rush on Rome, which looks like a Tower Defense game to me. There's also a soft release of the classic-style RPG, Victim of Xen. This one actually came out at Amaranth back in March, 2012, so I'm sure those who've been waiting for it to show up at BF are happy. Today's Daily Deal is Once Upon a Time in Chicago, which I believe is a casino-type arcade game.

Nothing new at GameHouse or Alawar at the moment, but iWin got Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart yesterday.

At the time of this posting, there were 9+ hours left at Steam to get Postal 2 for $7.49. GamersGate's Daily Deal is The Last Remnant for $3.75.

Happy gaming!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:33 pm