Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Empty Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Mushroom Age

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Mushroom-age_feature

Help Vera track down her lost love through thrilling epochs of earth's past and future! Battle the forces of evil through challenging puzzles and time-twisting mini-games! Explore world history first-hand and interact with ancient sages and fearsome, pre-historic predators! Save Tom, the world, and time itself in this expansive Hidden Object game. Why`s it called Mushroom Age? Take a trip through time today and find out!

• Mesmerizing mini-games
    • Strange and amazing landscapes
    • Save the past and future!

Click images to enlarge
    Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Th_screen1 Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Th_screen2 Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Empty Re: Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Review from August 6, 2010

I've been going through and actually playing some of the games I've purchased, and just finished Mushroom Age.

I originally demoed this about six months ago. All this time I've been misremembering it as a FROG! This game is actually more of a... *genki thinks how to describe it Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Glasses *... very linear adventure game than anything else. There are no hidden object scenes, per se, though there are times when you need to find items by outline, and once by written list. Mostly you are trying to find needed objects by looking around, behind and under things -
    sometimes behind AND under, etc. Initial objects are very easy to find, but those last few needed items can be HARD to find! Good thing there's a HINT button to help you along! Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Smilebig

There are a lot of mini-games, and they are NON-skippable. None of the minis require fast reflexes - in fact, nothing in the game is timed. The minis ARE solvable if you take the time to puzzle them out, and hints are available. And, if all else fails, there are walkthroughs with the solutions that you can easily find by doing a search Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Sun

This game is filled with wit, and you'll find humor in unexpected places. You MUST have the voices turned on, if nothing else Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Laugh You can skip conversations either by clicking through them, or going to the options screen and selecting "Skip Dialogue". I don't recommend passing by the spoken parts since they add so much to the snarky humor of the game, but that's personal choice, of course Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Wink

Be forewarned that the writing of the game is irreverent and may be offensive to some, but I found the game to be very funny. You can find a thread on these plot points elsewhere in this part of the forum, so if you're worried, do check.

Your game is saved at the end of every level - if you leave the game in the middle, you'll have to start that level over again. The nice thing is that once you finish a level, you can go back and replay it at any time! This is a long game, much longer than I expected it to be.

If you've never tried Mushroom Age, do give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised! Absolutely happy I bought this game Mushroom Age (Adventure-lite) Thumbsup

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm