Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen Empty Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 am

Grim Tales: The Stone Queen
    by Elephant Games

Series links:  Grim Tales 1: The Bride, Grim Tales 2: The Legacy, Grim Tales 3: The Wishes, Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen, Grim Tales 5: Bloody Mary, Grim Tales 6: The Vengeance, Grim Tales 7: Color of Fright, Grim Tales 8: The Final Suspect, Grim Tales 9: Threads of Destiny, Grim Tales 10: The Heir, Grim Tales 11: Crimson Hollow, Grim Tales 12: Graywitch, Grim Tales 13: The White Lady

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen Grim-tales-the-stone-queen-ce_feature

The family saga continues when your nephew Brandon encounters the mysterious Stone Queen in a lonely mountain town. She used to protect the miners here, but now she’s out for revenge! You must discover the truth behind the queen's anger and save both worlds before a greedy heart brings about their destruction. You'll meet new friends, but you'll also face new foes in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen, an intriguing Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game.

The Collector's Edition includes:

• Hours of bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Beautiful wallpapers and concept art
    • Downloadable soundtrack

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen Th_screen1_Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen Th_screen2_Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen Empty Re: Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:39 am

Check Out The New Visuals!

Sunny Sunny SunnySunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

At first I was concerned when there was no mention of the Gray family. A “Grim Tale” would not be a “Grim Tale” without that demon-prone family of ours. Never fear, our darling nephew has got himself in a fix, and it’s SUPERAUNTIE to the rescue. It’s just we didn’t receive a formal invitation this time, *grin*.

However, the game does not follow the same pattern as the previous “Grim Tales”. No wandering through Brandon’s memories, this time we must save him in the here and now. Once we find him.

It is pure chance (of course it is) that we run out of petrol near a mining town where legends say the Stone Queen protects and blesses with gems all hard-working & honest miners.

So why are the mines closed and the people turned to stone? And what on earth brought Brandon here?

From the moment the game begins you know that you can expect something really special. The GRAPHICS QUALITY is sensational! I couldn’t believe so much improvement could be made on such high quality graphics as we found in the previous games. And many delightful scenes have been created to showcase it. There are all kinds of locations showing the extent of the imagination of the artists.

I have to make particular mention of one track of MUSIC which was linked to entry into beautiful areas. It was heavenly. I could sleep soundly every night to the sound. Mind you, some of the ENVIRONMENTAL SOUNDS are also wonderfully soothing. Yet there was still room for creepy and dramatic effects as well.

In GAMEPLAY, puzzles are favoured over HO scenes, and MANY ORIGINAL PUZZLES were QUITE HARD. Some of the instructions were sufficiently vague for me to be unable to finish them. Interactive LISTS for the HOs, no repeats. These were clear and decent sized and often truly beautiful.

There is a fair amount of to and fro, some of the actions and uses of items are less than obvious, and it is a large game area. This makes the INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP essential. The HINT button GIVES HINTS, not exact instructions, although it was pretty obvious in most cases. You also get help from some intriguing and amusing sources, but that’s for you to find out.

With so much to do and so much ground to cover, the game is QUITE LONG, as all the Grim Tales games are.

This one is a bit different from the rest in the series, and some may miss the more structured gameplay of the earlier games, but this one is well worth the extra effort.

I Recommend This Game!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:14 am

The Gray family was the one's we referred to (in the BF  forum's)  as the family only
    djrum could love.   Snicker    Some of us other players lost patience with this family.  
    I really did like this game,  altho I was a bit confused as I am Brandon's Aunt, the Great
    Detective who only gets invitations when yet again they've gotten into trouble,  Sherlock 
    but knew nothing about the Uncle,  who I believe was the Mayor in the game.
    Of course Brandon is there,  cause wherever someone in that family goes,  trouble follows.
    Suspect 
    I agree with your assessment of the game.  Very enjoyable.   I thought it was an improvement
    over the others as I remember the first one seemed long because we were required to do things
    the long and hard way .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am