Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Empty Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible
    by Alawar/Jetfundo - January, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Deadly-voltage-rise-of-the-invincible_feature

A mysterious force from a parallel universe wreaks havoc on a small town as a scientist fights to stop it from taking over the world!

In Deadly Voltage, you'll find yourself in an abandoned city with only your wits to guide you and a bizarre invention clamped around your wrist to protect you from the surges of electrical power that crackle in the air. As you follow the prodding of an eccentric scientist, who's hiding in his laboratory across town, you'll make your way through empty streets, an abandoned toy factory and more, searching for clues and solving puzzles that take you one step closer to a "shocking" revelation.

Slowly, you'll come to realize a powerful entity known as the Invincible is using the local power grid and production facilities to take over the minds of the townspeople and amass an army of robots. It seems unstoppable, but it failed to factor two things into plans: The ingenuity of the human mind and the resolve of the human spirit!

With its dazzling animation, super-charged gameplay and electrifying story, Deadly Voltage is a hidden object adventure for all ages! Plug in today!

• Explore an abandoned city
    • Discover a shocking revelation
    • Unlimited hints and tips

Click images to enlarge
    Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Th_screen1 Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Th_screen2 Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:41 am; edited 4 times in total
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Empty Re: Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible

Post by luvtoread Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:03 pm

This is not out on BF, is it? Do not remember this one.

Ok, just read its on Alawar. Will BF be getting this?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  Empty Re: Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi, Luv, good to see you!

Yes, Alawar games always end up at BF after a few weeks, so I'd look for it there in about two weeks. Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible (IHOG)

Options include separate sliders for music and sound (no voiceovers), full-screen, aspect ratio, and custom cursor. You also have two difficulty settings to choose from. Simply because I'm feeling impatient today, I chose the easier of the two.

In Regular Mode, there is no misclick penalty (not sure about Expert Mode). HINTS are rechargeable in either mode, though the refill rate depends on which mode you've chosen. The sparkles really aren't terribly in-your-face, so I'm glad I choose regular for my gameplay.

The music is... strange. The devs chose to use light jazz for our background music, and the choice just seems odd to me -- not in keeping with the overall feeling I'd have expected, considering the subject matter. I suppose that this music would make it feel more like a mystery than an eerie situation. As for me, I turned off the music so as to be able to immerse myself the way *I* choose to feel about the game.

The hidden object scenes are cluttered and junk-piley, but not so much so that it hurts the eyes (like in some games I've played Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  1517780571) Oft times items are hidden in plain sight, though sometimes they're just well-hidden. The devs chose not to use the oh-so-irritating tiny items or overly-dark scenes to hide their objects, which is much appreciated. There is some interaction on these scenes, usually for a few items on each list. You will revisit each scene once. I was getting aggravated with the HO scenes because I'd see an object I knew I needed, but couldn't pick it up! >_< I hate that! Thing is, we did NOT go back to that scene later to pick up the item(s) I'd seen -- I needed to find them elsewhere, and not necessarily what I expected it would be.

Our journal takes the form of a video display, rather than your usual diary-type. Each time you discover something, an envelope will appear on the display. This information is a bit of extra story, and any clues that we've found. I noticed no spoilers in there. Accessible through this area is a MAP, which does have a jump-to option. It does NOT show active areas, but that's OK -- the HINT button will show you which direction you need to head if you need the help. Getting a directional hint will not discharge your hint.

The game interface is just a bit touchy. You need to click on just the right spot, or the action you're trying to take might not work. It's not bad, just a small thing, but I thought I'd mention it.

Overall, this is an interesting game with nice graphics, an interesting story, and weird-for-the-setting music. I think it's definitely a good game, and I'm not sorry that I bought it at all. Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible  1404866550
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:53 am

A HO Game At Heart  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Hmmm, read the advertising blurb, I thought parallel universe etc., cool. So far I have delivered a package to a hotel address in a town not on any map, discovered the parcel is actually for me, a form of protection, and I have since been wandering around the deserted town dodging live power lines and looking to stop I know not what from doing whatever it is he shouldn’t be, and my guide is a scientist who says he can’t meet me in person, and refuses to tell me what’s going on. Other than that, the day’s been fine, thank you for asking.

This is a HO game really. Oh, don’t get me wrong, there are PUZZLES, although fairly SIMPLE ones. And there is point and click adventure action to be taken, but most of the time is taken up with brightly coloured, slightly INTERACTIVE HOS. Since you’re just moving from scene to scene without a lot of motivational input, it is good that we have an JUMP MAP & DIRECTIONAL HINT.

The ART in this game looks pretty good, but occasionally its ‘clip art’ origins show through, where the cut has been less than perfect. I find that sort of thing irritating, but I imagine most don’t. The MUSIC is jazz, and is very laid back and cruisy. There is no sense of urgency or danger in this adventure.

The game’s LENGTH will be determined more by how quick you are in HOS than anything else, it could go short or long.

NO BLING! – collectibles or such. This is a low budget game, but not without its moments.

If you are like me and spoiled with all the brilliant HOPA’s out there, you’ll understand why I can’t recommend this game.

I don't recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm