Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Empty Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 am

Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters
    by Blue Tea Games - September, 2012

Series links: Dark Parables 1: Curse of Briar Rose, Dark Parables 2: The Exiled Prince, Dark Parables 3: Rise of the Snow Queen, Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters, Dark Parables 5: The Final Cinderella, Dark Parables 6: Jack and the Sky Kingdom, Dark Parables 7: Ballad of Rapunzel, Dark Parables 8: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide, Dark Parables 9: Queen of Sands

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Dark-parables-the-red-riding-hood-sisters-ce_feature

Play as the fabled detective and defeat the Wolf Queen in Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters! Centuries ago, the first Red Riding Hood defeated the wolf and established the Order of Red Riding Hood Sisters. Recently, the nefarious Wolf Queen entrapped the sisters and planned to unleash legions of ravaging wolves onto our world. Assist the Red Riding Hood Sisters in this thrilling Hidden Object Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Bonus Gameplay
    • Extra Puzzles

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Th_screen1_Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Th_screen2_Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat May 23, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 9 times in total
    bribling

Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Empty Re: Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters

Post by bribling Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am

I admit it, I have no resistance when it comes to these beautiful games. I have been trying hard not to buy any CEs. First of all, I have numerous Credits which cannot be used to buy CEs. This is because all the games I like are CEs these days. I have even tried not Demoing anything until it becomes a SE. Not working well. I have to have this! I am trying to hold out for the weekend sale in case it is for CEs.

Blue Tea knows how to rewrite all our favorite childhood fairy tales and make them new. The FROGs are the most beautiful and difficult you will find in any game. The richness of the art is an eye feast that never ends. The story is well written and filled with magic and danger. Help rescue the Red Riding Hood Sisters from an evil phantom and restore them to their Forest stronghold.

I finished the Demo and can hardly wait to purchase and continue playing. The Demo is limited with some previews at the end. For me, the Demo ran almost exactly one hour. It might be shorter for faster players but I just could not stop enjoying the art. I don't know if the Demo runs to the end if it should take you longer than an hour but IMO, it should.
    bribling

Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Empty Re: Dark Parables 4: The Red Riding Hood Sisters

Post by bribling Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I just went to BFG to purchase because I couldn't wait. I discovered the weekend special is already up or maybe it is an extra but, whatever, there is a Dark Parables sale thru the 23rd. Buy Red Riding Hood Sisters and get any or all of the other SE games in the series for only $2.99 each!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm about 7 chapters in to Dark Parables 2, and really enjoying it. Should have a review tomorrow or Saturday :D
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:45 am

They Just Keep Getting Better
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

The Dark Parables series started with a game I never really liked, Curse of Briar Rose, a different but nothing special take on the story of Sleeping Beauty. It’s a fragmented hidden object game with only one or two puzzle types interspersed with the HOS. This game, the fourth of the series, is almost incomparably better in every way, most particularly in my favourite aspects of games.

The stories over all four games have become increasingly complex and fanciful, and this story is a true gem of creativity and imagination. The original Red Riding Hood is saved and lives to establish a sisterhood of hunters vowed to protect their woods from all evil. This just as well, because the minute you, intrepid Detective, enter the forest you are attacked by a mist wolf and only survive with the help of a Red Riding Hood sister. The opening is quite dramatic and dark, actual killing of the mythical wolf occurs. Bear that in mind, because it will not be the last death you see in this game.

The graphics are of course spectacular. That’s what sets Blue Tea Games apart, and every game they produce looks better than the last. There’s not much I can say about it, except gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Even the skeletons are gorgeous! Also, I noticed the music was particularly beautiful. I left the game on while I made a coffee just so I could listen to it.

This series’ signature gameplay of finding and reconstructing sensationally beautiful items to use in puzzles and mini-games (of which there are still not very many really, but a bit more variety) continues to dominate the game. But the complexity of the adventure aspect of the game has significantly improved its general appeal – and increased the difficulty. Thank goodness we get a sort-of interactive map and a directional hint this time! It must be said, though, I still wandered about aimlessly often enough, unable to find what I needed to do next.

Not everyone is going to want this kind of game, but for those who like being immersed in beautiful fantasies, and can cope with a darker element, this is for you.

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am