Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 18 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:38 am

I have an Enigmatis 2 question, guys! (and I know what you're going to say Butterfly Wink, but still...)

Is the bonus game really interesting or necessary or _____ (fill in the blank)? I rarely buy CEs. By the time games are over I'm ready to move on already, and for me bonus games tend to be add-ons that are a bit boring if not disappointing. Even CEs I have that I Wub  would've been just fine in the SE versions. Plus I'm -ahem- thrifty. Snicker

So - there's another sale and I can get Enigmatis 2 for $9.99, but part of me would rather just wait til it's out in SE and use a PCC. I have a few of those and there's precious few games worth buying these days imo. I have plenty to keep me busy for those few more weeks. BUT, if the bonus is *really* worth it I might just get it. To Butterfly and anyone else who's finished the game, what do you think????
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:45 am

RMom, may I ask what's going on?  I'm sorry you're not feeling well Hug

haven't seen where we can PM here. Am I overlooking it?
    Easy, easy Smile  To to the left of all the posts you'll see our names, and the names are actually drop-down boxes.  Click on the name of the person you want to PM, then choose 'PM Private Message.'

I'm going to have to play Enigmatis 2 next. lol~ Glad I got the first one played!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:01 pm

@RMOM -  There is NO Bonus is the CE. There is only wallpaper, music, re-play mini games/puzzles again, (not sure about the HOS), credits, cut scenes & achievements. I looked everywhere again for the Bonus but couldn't find it. (It could be there somewhere, I just am unable to find it and I've looked twice now). A Bonus is really not needed as the game is 'fully' wrapped up in the main game. 

@Genki - Thank you for the info on PM's. I found it. Oh boy, am I gonna give DJ a time now!  Sometimes we could write a book on some of the games we've played & discussed.   Many thanks!  Offering
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Butterfly, there's no bonus play in Enigmatis 2? I'm still playing the main game, taking my time and enjoying everything! I've played today for a couple of hours. (Gosh, I'm such a slo-poke!)

Oh, I checked out the sale at BFG. I think you're correct, Butterfly, from what I've read. It does sound like you have to trial the game first.

I demo'd the TGT today, can't remember the name, not too bad until the giant teddy bear showed up as our helper. *sigh* It is NOT in any way related to Dreamscapes: The Sandman, in case anybody was wondering.

Well, I was going to say that I couldn't find the PM button, but I found it!!! Happy bounce
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Yes the PM button is a little not-obvious Huh? but it's there. 
    No bonus game, really?! Hmmm... I think I can wait it out.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 pm

I had to pop over to the Enigmatis 2 thread to check this out, and I have the features from Artifex Mundi's site listed, which include:

• Explore 44 hand-painted, unique locations (55 in the Collector’s Edition)
    • 35 Achievements
    • Test yourself in 18 mini-games of extreme challenge (25 in the Collector’s Edition)
    • Search 14 hidden-object scenes featuring over 405 hidden objects (19 scenes in the Collector’s Edition)
    • Collect 133 items (166 in the Collector’s Edition)
    • Collector’s Edition includes a bonus adventure, replayable HO scenes, Redwood Encyclopedia, concept art collection, wallpapers and music from the game

Either it has a bonus chapter that no one is seeing, or Big Fish has completely screwed this one up!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Butterfly, I finished the game!!! I loved it!!
    Click on Play & you'll see the Bonus game!

Enigmatis 2, awesome storyline & graphics. Puzzles were good, not too hard. Not overloaded with hidden object scenes. There is a transport map, but I only used it twice.
    The Bonus game is not needed for a satisfactory ending. It's just a little extra.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Well at least there's bonus gameplay. It would be odd if a CE did not include some extra story.
    Ooh I'm glad you liked it so much. There've been a lot of rave reviews for this, and I enjoyed the demo. I may cave on the CE after all.
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 pm

genkicoll wrote:I had to pop over to the Enigmatis 2 thread to check this out, and I have the features from Artifex Mundi's site listed, which include:

• Explore 44 hand-painted, unique locations (55 in the Collector’s Edition)
    • 35 Achievements
    • Test yourself in 18 mini-games of extreme challenge (25 in the Collector’s Edition)
    • Search 14 hidden-object scenes featuring over 405 hidden objects (19 scenes in the Collector’s Edition)
    • Collect 133 items (166 in the Collector’s Edition)
    • Collector’s Edition includes a bonus adventure, replayable HO scenes, Redwood Encyclopedia, concept art collection, wallpapers and music from the game

Either it has a bonus chapter that no one is seeing, or Big Fish has completely screwed this one up!
    @Genki - You were exactly right. There 'is' a Bonus Chapter in Enigmatis 2.  I just couldn't find it. I found everything you said above 'except' the Bonus Chapter.  Silly me...I didn't think to check 'PLAY'...since I'd just finished playing it..twice!  This is me   Embarrassed

Sorry everyone.  My bad!  Thank you Genki..I give you 5 1star  1star 1star  1star  1star  Okay
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:24 pm

djrum wrote:Butterfly, I finished the game!!! I loved it!!
    Click on Play & you'll see the Bonus game!

Enigmatis 2, awesome storyline & graphics. Puzzles were good, not too hard. Not overloaded with hidden object scenes. There is a transport map, but I only used it twice.
    The Bonus game is not needed for a satisfactory ending. It's just a little extra.
    @DJ - So glad you liked it! I'll try my best to PM you tomorrow.  Still wondering if you had a 'thud' moment. lol  I had two...one at the ending of the main game & another one when Genki & you found there 'is' a Bonus Chapter!  It never occurred to me to press 'play' again!  I need to ask you a question about Black Widow 2 also.  Hmm...

@RMom - The Bonus Chapter took me 1 hour and 10 minutes but is not needed for the main story. I would be 'very' satisfied with the SE for Enigmatis 2. It's a 'long' game without the Bonus Chapter, but please do what you think is best for you.   Half Flower
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 am

I checked out Enigmatis 2 last night, and WHOA! Shock   A D&E that is actually scary!  Methinks this game will soon be mine Evil Grin
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 am

Yes, Butterfly, I did have that "thud" moment!!! I'm surprised you didn't hear me last night! I haven't played Web of Deceit 2 yet. I just installed Apothecarium late last night. I thought it was going to be a relatively short d/l and when I seen the 1 GB come up on the installation file size...whew, I didn't want to stay up that long, probably took about 40 minutes or so.
    I got the "High Disk Usage" message from Norton, oh man, I ain't even started it yet and you're already giving me this message? Rolling Eyes I may put that one on hold and move on to something else.

Okay, I won't be home today, but I'll see your PM. Um..how do we know if we got a PM?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:08 pm

Three ways to know if you have a PM:

1. There will be a pop-up when you come on the site... IF you allow them with your browser.

2. You will receive an e-mail.

3. The MESSAGES button at the top of the screen (under the banner) will have a blue background
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:18 pm

genkicoll wrote:I checked out Enigmatis 2 last night, and WHOA! Shock   A D&E that is actually scary!  Methinks this game will soon be mine Evil Grin
    @Genki - 'Methinks' you are going to be 'very' surprised, 'will' have this look on your face  Shock   & we won't hear from you again until you finish the game. lol I do agree it is a 'true' D&E game.   Yahoo!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:30 pm

djrum wrote:Yes, Butterfly, I did have that "thud" moment!!! I'm surprised you didn't hear me last night! I haven't played Web of Deceit 2 yet. I just installed Apothecarium late last night. I thought it was going to be a relatively short d/l and when I seen the 1 GB come up on the installation file size...whew, I didn't want to stay up that long, probably took about 40 minutes or so.
    I got the "High Disk Usage" message from Norton, oh man, I ain't even started it yet and you're already giving me this message? Rolling Eyes I may put that one on hold and move on to something else.

Okay, I won't be home today, but I'll see your PM. Um..how do we know if we got a PM?
    @DJ - Darn, I missed your 'thud' moment...& I was looking forward to it so much! I'm probably still in shock from my 'thud' moment & is why I missed it! lol

I always wondered why Norton 'popped' up with that message. I thought it was because there was a lot of people online!  Embarrassed

Will   Zip it  until you play Web of Deceit & Apothecarium.

I sent you a PM.  Hope you had a great day & SYL.  Half Flower
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:28 pm

You know, you CAN discuss this stuff publicly -- just use spoiler tags!

They look like this:
    Code:
    [spoiler]Type what you want hidden here, between the tags[/spoiler]
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks Genki. That's good to know about the spoiler code. (Now to remember it).  Appreciate your help very much. There are a lot of options here I haven't seen before.

@DJ - PM received and replied to.    Okay 

Hope everyone had a great day and wish everyone a wonderful evening.    Half Flower
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Everyone. 

Has anyone played Questerium: Sinister Trinity; Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation; Echoes of the Past: Kingdom of Despair; Clockwork Tales:  Of Glass and Ink or Into the Haze? I love live actors, adventure, a fast paced game (not overloaded with HOS's & puzzles) but the most important part of a game to me is a good storyline, an ending (whether I like it or not)  and no tech problems with the game.  BF has a CE sale today for $8.99 but don't want to buy a game unless its a 'good' game..on sale or not. I can wait for the SE version if the game is not CE worthy & would rather have the SE if the game doesn't 'need' the Bonus Chapter. I don't care for wallpaper, music, & the extras, only the Bonus Chapter 'if needed.

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on these games if you've played them.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great day today.  Half Flower 

BTW: I checked at BF & Enigmatis 2 had sixty eight (68) 5 1star  this morning.  The SE version of Enigmatis 2 would have been fine with me because the story is wrapped up in the main game. Thanks again!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

I'm afraid I haven't played any of them yet, but I did want to remind you to use Ebates!  Every little bit counts, right? Sunny
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:04 pm

genkicoll wrote:I'm afraid I haven't played any of them yet, but I did want to remind you to use Ebates!  Every little bit counts, right? Sunny
    Thanks Genki, but I don't know what Ebates are.  Are they at BF?  Have heard them mentioned but that's about it. I'll hold off on the games... am in no rush, but do appreciate your reply.   Half Flower 

I 'love' your Halloween pumpkin Avatar!  Could I get you to PM me 'simple' instructions for doing Avatars here?  Some are pictures & not Avatars but I've used them for Avatars before.  (Remember my computer is weird). lol All my pictures are at Photobucket.  I need to learn how to change them when I want to & don't want to bother you again.  I have to warn you I'm 'below' kindergarten level in tech talk & need 'every' step in simple language...no matter how small the step is.  One word left out & I'm lost.  (Whatever is most convenient for you if you have the chance). When I learn how, there are others that I can help then.  My problem is with the URL# for some reason.

Thanks for the info about Ebates. Am curious to learn what they are.  I agree every little bit 'does' count.   Okay
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm

I'll get back to you on the techie stuff when I have more time, but for now, here is the information on Ebates:

Get Cash Back on your Big Fish Game Purchases!

LOVE it!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:34 pm

genkicoll wrote:I'll get back to you on the techie stuff when I have more time, but for now, here is the information on Ebates:

Get Cash Back on your Big Fish Game Purchases!

LOVE it!
    Thanks Genki. Will check out Ebates ASAP.    Half Flower
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Butterfly, out of all the games you mentioned--

Questerium: Sinister Trinity...I have it, but haven't played yet.

Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation...I had tech problems in the demo.

Echoes of the Past: Kingdom of Despair...loved it! The best in the series!

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink...good, kind of a steam-punk game.

Into the Haze...I'm still debating on whether I want to get it.

Has Hondo ever posted his Highlights yet? Geesh, I'm getting tired of waiting. I'll go check.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Nope, no Highlights. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what the CE will be.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:28 am

Morning,  everyone.   Been reading posts,  trying to keep up.

BFS-  I used a pcc for Questruim:  Sinister Trinity.   I knew I would get it while playing the
    demo.   You have to rescue 2 children,  who have not been evacuated,   from an "electric
    man"--what I call him.      I am getting a kick out of the actor playing the "evil scientist".    Evil Grin

Dark Sisterhood-  The Initiation.    I had no problems with demo--not sure why dj did.
    It is not full screen--at least not for me.    But to be honest,  I don't even notice after
    awhile   (tho I know it bugs other people).     The storyline is set  back in the witch hunting
    era and I think they do a good job with that story.   The graphics are crisp-probably for me
    the reason I can immerse myself in the game and forget about lack of full screen.
    Its a definite buy for me as I want to find out what is going on with the little girl.

I did get  Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines for the   DD  at BF yesterday.   

Also,   did you know  that  Steam has a free to play game called "Cry of Fear"?   I have it
    dl/d,   but have yet to play.

Well,   off to work.....I need to find a school bus driving emoticon.....dirtywords    (this will do for those who cut me off
    or pass my red  lights!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:00 pm