Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by BloomingLilac Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:49 pm

genki, I just noticed Huntsman - The Orphanage is on sale for $5.99 USD at Amazon. It releases on September 6th. That looks like a good deal as it was $14.95 when we discussed it on the previous page of this thread. I think I'll wait and see how the reviews turn out before I pick it up.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Nice!  Thanks for the reminder, Lilac!  Topic started~  I also started one for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, which looks pretty good!  The only "problem" is that it *requires* a controller, but I have one... somewhere! (As if I need any more games! Rolling Eyes  Laugh  )

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 10 O9fj
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 pm

genkicoll wrote:Nice!  Thanks for the reminder, Lilac!  Topic started~  I also started one for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, which looks pretty good!  The only "problem" is that it *requires* a controller, but I have one... somewhere! (As if I need any more games! Rolling Eyes  Laugh  )
    You're welcome. Thanks for the link to Brothers. I recognized Overkill and had to Google it to see if it was the guys behind the PayDay series. I have PayDay: The Heist. It's one of a few shooters I play. Pretty rockin'! Two thumbs up
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi Perheart! It's so good to see you here, too! I haven't been to fb yet, but I know we've been gabbing over there. Happy bounce 

Lilac, wow, great review! If I played this type of game, I would surely buy it based on your Review & enthusiasm for the game! The developers should have you write their blurbs. Big smile

I'm still playing the ruby game, my gosh, is it ever hard and I know why. It's one of those games where you have to perform a certain action in order to accomplish another action, very linear. Putting aside the minor errors that are present, my impression is, it's not bad. Makes you use your brain.

I'm also playing Haunted Legends: The Undertaker. I am really enjoying it...love the storyline! I actually had a couple of startle moments.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm feeling kind of bad. I have started back to work, and I haven't played a game in probably a month. I'm totally not keeping up with my end of the bargain here, but I still pop in pretty regularly and see what everyone is up to. I just don't have anything to contribute right now. I'm a bad Esme. Embarrassed 

Hi Perheart!  Nice to see you... and I hope life settles down for you soon!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi Perheart! So glad you made it over, hon. Hug  I'm sorry your DD hasn't gotten herself together yet, but hopefully very soon. How lucky your little granddaughters are to have you! Wub

Esme, I haven't played anything in a while (and so far have little interest) so I'll join you in the paper bag of shame brigade. Embarrassed  Hopefully next week I'll get started again.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:20 pm

I was in a real game funk until I started Stray Souls 2 this weekend.  What a fantastic game it is!  Pulled me RIGHT out of the "blahs" and got me back in the gaming spirit Sunny  I've gotten sidetracked by RL (kids going back to school!) but I hope to get back to Curse at Twilight Thief of Souls soon!

Don't feel like you HAVE to be discussing games, Esme -- we enjoy your company, so even if you're not in a gaming mood, pop by and say HI (like you just did) and we'll be happy~ Big smile

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:52 am

If anyone's interested in the puzzle-platformer Nihilumbra, it's on sale for a dollar off at both the dev's website and at GGate right now Big smile  You can also see videos and give it a thumbs-up at Steam HERE.  Here's one of the videos:

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:31 am

I hope y'all aren't feeling overwhelmed by all of the posts!  I've invited a couple of people to come and archive their reviews here, and they graciously took me up on the offer Big smile  JustTheFact is overseas somewhere, so her posts will all come whilst I (at least) am sleeping.  Sportygal's daytime additions will be sporadic.

If you're worried about losing track of this thread, there are two easy ways to find it:  Scroll down on the main page until you see our Dark & Eerie :eek:section, or just bookmark this thread!

Back to D&E news, I was SHOCKED to find that GOG has released I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream today! Shock  I was JUST looking at my install disk this weekend and thinking that I really should play it someday.  I've been too intimidated to try playing such an old game on my new(ish) computer, and now I don't have to worry about it!  I'd have to buy the GOG version, but it's cheap, and no worries about compatibility! Happy bounce

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:51 am

I'm all alone in the D&E club room! Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 10 Tuzki-bunny-emoticon-006  Where oh where has everyone gone?

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:56 pm

No, not gone, just back to work. Gah! 

I'm hoping to play a game tonight, but I was just laughing about the fact that 15 years ago, I'd go out right after work and stay out until the wee hours. Now all I want to do is get home as quickly as I can and take a nap!

G\'night!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes, I am back to work also.    I started playing  the demo of Riddles of Fate-Wild Hunt
    yesterday.  I must admit to liking it and the storyline is intriguing me     Happy bounce

esme-going out till the wee hours is overrated......take it from someone who needs a nap
    right now     G\'night!      If I am up during the wee hours,  I'm playing a game.   Party
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello there, I'm here too. Yahoo! 
    It's back to school time so I'm also back to work (next week). It'll actually be a relief for me because for the past month I've been babysitting a couple of little wild guys and the long days with them have been EXHAUSTING me. Work will be a piece of cake by comparison. Plus, there'll be more time for games! Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Yay~  I was afraid y'all got scared away by the plethora of review-posts! Big smile

I'm working on finishing up a game, and spent at least an hour making new banners from it last night.  I expect we'll have a new Featured Game up tomorrow! Sunny

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Oh, don't I know that going out into the wee hours is over-rated!  What is fun at 30, is exhausting at 45. This is SO MUCH BETTER!!!  

Right now my big accomplishment for the night is a pretty darn amazing stir fry... and that's about it! It's Friday, so I'm setting the bar pretty low. Big smile 

Luvto is that the new EG one? I haven't even been to the cess pool (aka the pond) in days. If it's good, I might get that one and use up my credits and close out the account.

Rmom I give you credit... the little wild ones wear me out too!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Genki, never fear!  We play D&E games; you can't scare us off! Hug You're stuck with us now!

Thanks for all the love and hard work you put into the site for us all to enjoy!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi everyone, I'm still here, got too much crap going on in RL at the moment. So, this is what I feel like doing... La la la! 

I've got 3 games going & haven't finished any of them. Headed to play one of them now.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:07 am

esme--yes it is an EG one
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:38 am

Cool, thanks luvto!

I started playing Bloody Mary this morning, and surprisingly enough, I'm enjoying it. I don't know if that's jut because I'm relaxing this morning for a change or whether the game is just that great. I think it's a little of both. The game is good and slightly creepy and I'm enjoying the down time too. 

Either way, it's fun and so far I'd recommend it!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:45 pm

I have finished Haunted Legends: The Undertaker (SE). Surprisingly enough, I really did like the dark storyline & what the little dude's intentions were & why he is...well, "little."
    The gameplay progressed nicely, with a mix of HO lists & silhouettes.

I have also finished the main game in Fearful Tales. When I first demo'd this game, let me say, I did not like the graphics. I am definitely not a fan of cartoon-like graphics, not even a little bit. Once I got it through my thick head, since I am playing a fairytale game, maybe the devs wanted to design the graphics to fit the theme.
    It is a cute game, with a cute "gingerbread" cookie helper (whom I never asked for help) and going in with an open mind (and somewhat overloaded with fairytale games at this time), it's not that bad. Perhaps more suited for an afternoon of gaming with my 8-year old granddaughter, she would absolutely love it!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Is it a "crossover" game, or entirely bright and cheery?

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:08 pm

It's entirely bright & cheery, IMO.
    Those mean old gingerbread cookie baddies didn't scare me one bit. Belly laugh
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 am

OK D&E friends...if you haven't played it already you HAVE to get "Dance of Death"!  This one is from a developer I haven't seen before; it is a TRUE Dark & Eerie game and is one of the most creative ones I've seen in a very long time.  The Hidden Object scenes are unique in multiple ways, and get more unique the farther you go. (I won't spoil it; just trust me and keep playing).  The storyline is great; the graphics are amazingly eerie and it even has live actors.  The budget may be lower than some of our other developers but this one is right up there with Stained Skin and the first Silent ScreamClap  And I'm worried because at least on BFG it's not selling!  SOS!  PLEASE let's give this one a chance!
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:34 am

OH...and HUGS everyone!  Two thumbs up
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 am

Hi Jeannie!  Hug 
    OK D&E friends...if you haven't played it already you HAVE to get "Dance of Death"!
    Haven't demo'd this yet and I'm always happy to support new (to me) devs, but I'm almost afraid to ask: does it have a little furry helper or two?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:00 pm