Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:44 am

@Good Morning DJ - Good to see you.  I agree with you in that computers have a mind of their own..except mine...its 'totally' lost 'any' it had & is trying to make me lose mine. Not falling for that though.  I also think I've had so many different techs fixing different problems they've messed it up. Every tech does things differently, so every time I talk to one, my settings are changed, my pages & emails are changed, & I don't know what else is changed until I have another problem. One problem seems to lead to 5 problems and that 'never' stops. I'm just hanging on until the warranty runs out (hopefully).  I'm 'always' having to remember 'new' ways to do things and think that's one reason it takes me so long to learn some things. One tech tells me one thing...another tech says exactly the opposite! I have to stay online with them (one problem usually runs 3-5 hours) and before they finish I look like this  Rolling Eyes  Shock Hmm... Gah! dirtywords 

I've not heard of Witches of Abraham but it sound good. Like you, I play for enjoyment also and don't care if they take liberties with the story...I just like a good story line with a good ending (if possible). The lessons I need to learn are in tech language and what the components are called. I had no trouble at all with Photobucket but those Avatars & URL #'s give me fits (with some more things that I had no problems with before but do now). I'm thankful I still remember how to post!

I bought Web of Deceit with Morgana (our friendly spider lady). It's ok but hasn't 'wowed' me yet.   It has live actors (pretty good ones), a good story line, good graphics, animation, special effects, etc. but so far I like the first one better. It has some good puzzles. The HOS are the usual point & click with some objects leading to the one you need. It's the 1st game I bought since August 5th.

It's great talking to you again and seeing familiar friends. Hope you and your DH have a wonderful day. SYL.  Smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 am

Good morning, Butterfly! lol, I hear ya! I'd like to keep the same guy working on my computers, but due to his "forced vacations" I'm not able to.
    I wanted him to put another graphics card in my desktop, therefore having 2 cards. He told me I could buy another one and he would install it. I know it's a simple process...but you have to know where to install it. I only know it goes somewhere inside the computer. Unfortunately, I wasn't in time and he's currently unavailable, having to do time, geesh.

I demo'd Web of Deceit, also and it didn't exactly wow me like the first one did.
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:16 am

@DJ - I had forgotten about your tech guy. I would say we have the same one but some of mine don't speak English clearly, so I don't know 'where' they're located. lol  Do you remember how BF 'always' said to have our graphics card 'up to date'?  I was 'always' told mine was. I asked a tech not long ago if I needed another new one (I had to have 19 new drivers installed...the beginning of more problems than I can ever say). He asked me when I 'bought' the last one. I said I 'never' bought one...the other tech said I already had a new one. (That was many months ago). This tech said if I never bought one, I 'still' had the original graphics card from 2007 but it was still good & I didn't need a new one. See what I mean.  Embarrassed
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah, if only my tech guy would use his knowledge of computers for the greater good...
    But he is very nice and he's so good with computers.

Yes, I remember BF always saying to update our graphics card. Truthfully, I was always hoping mine was doing it on its own, I've never updated it because I don't know how. I've went to the Nvidia site and boy, sure looks like a lot of complicated stuff to me. Lately, I don't think my card is even listed any longer.
    I know you can "rollback" a graphics card in order to play some LF games, but it's not worth it to me. I won't fool with things I know nothing about.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Butterfly, I HIGHLY suggest that you download and use CCleaner.  I have a thread called The Best Free Utilities for Your Computer where I discuss this kind of thing, but I'll copy the CCleaner info here so that you don't have to follow the link:

CCleaner <--Click link to go to download page

"CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download."

I love this program Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 17 1594567168It doesn't take up a lot of resources, it keeps your computer optimized and running smoothly, and is easy to use.

The buttons on the left are easy.

Cleaner - Click on Analyze to see how much unneeded stuff there is on your computer, and on Run Cleaner to get rid of it! That easy! I don't even Analyze any more, I just click Run Cleaner, 'cause I know CCleaner knows what it's doing!

The next button down is Registry - Click on this, then Scan for Issues to see what kind of registry errors you have. Did you know that our casual games always leaves behind something totally unnecessary in the registry? CCleaner gets rid of all of these "loose ends" for you - just click on Fix Selected Issues. (don't bother backing up the file)

The next button is Tools - Click on this to see a listing of all of the programs installed on your computer. It loads SO MUCH faster than the Add/Remove programs tab in the My Computer section that I always use these tools to remove my games and anything else that might need to be uninstalled.

Then I pop into Registry and clean up the loose ends! Voilà~! Clean computer!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi everyone - nice avatar, Butterfly!
    Genki, that looks like a very useful resource. I'll check that link out today.

Hope everyone's day is lovely and relaxing!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:07 pm

djrum wrote:Yeah, if only my tech guy would use his knowledge of computers for the greater good...
    But he is very nice and he's so good with computers.

Yes, I remember BF always saying to update our graphics card. Truthfully, I was always hoping mine was doing it on its own, I've never updated it because I don't know how. I've went to the Nvidia site and boy, sure looks like a lot of complicated stuff to me. Lately, I don't think my card is even listed any longer.
    I know you can "rollback" a graphics card in order to play some LF games, but it's not worth it to me. I won't fool with things I know nothing about.
    @DJ - I don't know how many times I asked the tech I talked to if I had a 'new' graphics card and was told 'YES'! (I get a different tech every time I have to contact them). They outright lied to me more than once! I was telling BF it was not 'my' computer because my techs said it wasn't, & 'everything' was fully updated. I don't have those tech's anymore. This is a new bunch. I hardly ever had a problem with a game when lots of others did. (I had a problem with 'no' audio exactly twice). When I had the 19 new drivers installed (almost 2 months ago), my computer has crashed 4 times since then...it had 'never' crashed before. I asked them to give me back my 'old' drivers and a refund but they wont. At least I can recognize a 'crash' and try to clean and shut down 'before' it happens now. Firefox notified me all 4 times by email & told me to contact a technician. I didn't know what a crash was.  I do now!

BTW:  Keep forgetting to tell you I 'love' your Avatar. I think you said that dog looked similar to your dog. It's adorable with those great big 'puppy' eyes! A lot of people use their pets as their Avatars. Animals are beautiful!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:50 pm

@Genki - I use Highest Available Advanced System Optimizer; Advanced System Optimizer; Maleware Bytes; Bit Defender Internet Security; Bit Defender Safepay; and The CC Cleaner you do. I can't even log into deviantArt...my security blocks it. Yesterday I had over 2000 + 'issues' in Sypware and Privacy. Today I was online almost 2 hours, used all the above & CC Cleaner 'before' I went online, & had over 3500 Sypware and Privacy Issues.  (I scan & clean my computer every night). I don't see how that's possible with all the protection I have, but that's what all the scans said. Now I scan & clean my computer sometimes 3 times a day. When I was on with the tech for 3 hours last week, I had just ran all the programs 'before' I contacted him. After he was finished, I ran the same programs again, & had almost 375 issues in spyware & privacy issues...just being online with the technician! Like you said...my computer IS weird!

Thank you for your advise though. (Very much appreciate it) If I wasn't already using the CC cleaner you are, I would 'definitely' ask for it & its very easy to run. Coors told me about Maleware Bytes. I truly do not understand how it's possible to pick up that many "issues" in only two hours online and only being at 2 sites.  Hmm...
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:00 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:Hi everyone - nice avatar, Butterfly!
    Genki, that looks like a very useful resource. I'll check that link out today.

Hope everyone's day is lovely and relaxing!
    @Hi RMom - It's so nice to see you again. Any more 'pillow fights'?  Smile  I saw your 'furbabies' in your Avatar. They're beautiful!

Thank you for noticing my Avatar. That's one of 'many'. (I'm moody...must be those D&E games..I might be Little Red Riding Hood one day & a frog the next.) lol  I hope you had a good day today and got to relax some yourself.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:13 pm

I started a post earlier & the phone rang.

Goodness, Butterfly, you have a lot of cleaners on your computer! I have CCleaner installed on my desktop and I really need to install it on my laptop, too.

I tried to use 2 different PCCs and a GC today at BFG and none of them would work. I only needed 1 more game to fill a PC, I've sent an e-mail to CS.
    CS is getting more difficult to find on the BFG site...
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 pm

djrum wrote:I started a post earlier & the phone rang.

Goodness, Butterfly, you have a lot of cleaners on your computer! I have CCleaner installed on my desktop and I really need to install it on my laptop, too.

I tried to use 2 different PCCs and a GC today at BFG and none of them would work. I only needed 1 more game to fill a PC, I've sent an e-mail to CS.
    CS is getting more difficult to find on the BFG site...
    @DJ - I got 2 games that I 'loved', but one was a 'great' game. I hadn't used any PCC's or GCC's since August 5th, & had to use one PCC or lose a card like I did last month with one punch left.  I told you I already had the new Web of Deceit. It was a good game but not nearly as good as the 1st one, or nearly as exciting IMO. (Hardly any spiders at all)! I also got Sable Maze SE with a PCC. It was a 'very' good  game, but some of the hardest HOS's I've ever played. Took me ages it seemed like in each HOS. I gave it 4 Stars. Then...I played Enigmatis:  The Mists of Ravenwood and OMGosh!!!  I was glued to my chair! I haven't played a game that has excited or held my interest that much since we first met Elf and The Beast of Lycan Isle!  All I can say is WOW to 'everything' in that game, and a surprise that 'did' bring me out of my chair!  (I was wrong again and totally 'not' expecting that ending). It's in my top 10 to stay!  I give it 5 Stars easy & would probably give it more.  I was losing interest in games but Enigmatis made up for the long dry spell in D&E Advenure/Hogs & is a 'true' D&E game. Wanted to let you & everyone know in case you haven't played it yet. (Please demo it first though) It starts off with a bang and doesn't stop until the last second. The story line is completely wrapped up in the main game with a fantastic ending, so if anyone wanted to wait for the SE, you wouldn't miss out on anything except re-playing puzzles, cut-scenes, music, & wallpaper in the CE.   I didn't see any extra story line in the Bonus Chapter, but was so excited about it I could have overlooked it. I know I'm playing that game 'many' more times!

Hope you and everyone has a great day today.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:10 pm

I've got both games, Butterfly & I'm looking forward to playing Enigmatis 2! I wasn't going to buy the CE of Web of Deceit 2, but these developers are always in the game forums at BFG, awaiting reviews of their games - be it good or bad. I have to respect & support that, so I buy their games.

CS replied on my "Invalid" PCCs saying other people are having problems redeeming PCCs, also. She wanted me to take a picture before inputting my PCC & sent me instructions and everything.
    Well, a much simpler solution for me was to use my desktop instead of my laptop to input the code, and it worked!!
    I don't know why I can use one computer and not the other, but as long as I can use my PCCs, I'm a happy camper! Big smile
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 pm

djrum wrote:I've got both games, Butterfly & I'm looking forward to playing Enigmatis 2! I wasn't going to buy the CE of Web of Deceit 2, but these developers are always in the game forums at BFG, awaiting reviews of their games - be it good or bad. I have to respect & support that, so I buy their games.

CS replied on my "Invalid" PCCs saying other people are having problems redeeming PCCs, also. She wanted me to take a picture before inputting my PCC & sent me instructions and everything.
    Well, a much simpler solution for me was to use my desktop instead of my laptop to input the code, and it worked!!
    I don't know why I can use one computer and not the other, but as long as I can use my PCCs, I'm a happy camper! Big smile
    @DJ - Both are good games but I can't wait to play Enigmatis 2 again!   All I can say is WOW and triple WOW!  One of the BEST games I've ever played. Liked it much better than the first Enigmatis, which was a very good game, but not as good as this one!  The devs listened to us on this game...you could tell. Bravo to them!

Web of Deceipt was still a good game.  There's a question in that game that still has me puzzled. (Naturally) Wish you could explain it to me cause I 'missed' something there bigtime & it made no sense. (It was one of those 'what the heck' moments)! It just wasn't as exciting to me as the first one was...probably not enough action or spiders. I don't mind the mechanical spiders at all. A pretty good story line regardless. It can't touch Enigmatis though. No way! Can't wait to see how you like it. Once you start it, you'll know what I mean. I still haven't finished Nearwood yet & it looks like a great game too. Love the graphics on it. That opening scene to the game is gorgeous!

Glad you got your PCC problem straightened out. I wouldn't have a clue how to take a picture of 'anything' & send to CS. Wishing you and your DH a wonderful day.  Half Flower
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 am

lol, Butterfly, I just started Enigmatis 2!

I demo'd Zombie Solitaire (the TGT at BFG). Since I do like solitaire games as a go-to game when I don't feel like overly thinking, solving puzzles in a HOPA, I used a PCC for Zombie Solitaire.
    I enjoyed the demo & it seems to be a standard solitaire game, gameplay-wise, but I loved the humorous dialogue & I've got wide-screen!!!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm

djrum wrote:lol, Butterfly, I just started Enigmatis 2!

I demo'd Zombie Solitaire (the TGT at BFG). Since I do like solitaire games as a go-to game when I don't feel like overly thinking, solving puzzles in a HOPA, I used a PCC for Zombie Solitaire.
    I enjoyed the demo & it seems to be a standard solitaire game, gameplay-wise, but I loved the humorous dialogue & I've got wide-screen!!!
    @DJ - Very interested on your thoughts about Enigmatis 2.  Am starting it again right now.

Hi to all D&E'rs.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:08 pm

So far, Butterfly, I am loving everything about Enigmatis 2!!!! After I finish it, I'll play Enigmatis 1 and 2 back-to-back.

Did you demo the new Mayan Prophecies 2 game (the TGT at BFG)? I really liked the first one & reviews for the second have not been favorable. I haven't demo'd it yet.

I've got a beta sitting in my e-mail, Emma and the Inventor 2. I feel kind of guilty because I didn't play the first game.
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:49 pm

djrum wrote:So far, Butterfly, I am loving everything about Enigmatis 2!!!! After I finish it, I'll play Enigmatis 1 and 2 back-to-back.

Did you demo the new Mayan Prophecies 2 game (the TGT at BFG)? I really liked the first one & reviews for the second have not been favorable. I haven't demo'd it yet.

I've got a beta sitting in my e-mail, Emma and the Inventor 2. I feel kind of guilty because I didn't play the first game.
    Is Enigmatis 2 the D&E game we've been craving? I liked Enignmatis 1 very much...but not as much as this one.  Let me know if you collect  'everything'. ( I missed two of each).  I would have gone back & found them, but no way was I leaving that story!  Do you know what's going on yet?  Just wait until the prisoner gets free. Talk about a shock! (Am inserting fainting icon here) lol

I haven't been to BF & didn't know they had Mayan Prophecies 2.  Will check it out though. Thank you!  I did play Sea of Lies (used a PCC) and rated it a 2 - 2 & 1/2 star game. That was pushing it for me. Just didn't like the game.  Can't say why here.

Haven't played or heard of Emma and the Inventor 2. Please let me know if its a good game.  You know how I 'hate' machinery and anything mechanical, yet I really enjoyed Namariel Legends: Iron Lord.  Out of the last 20 games I got at BF I only liked 4.  The others I uninstalled, so was very happy to 'finally' find a game for me.

Hope you and your DH have a wonderful day. Heart 

PS:  If I hear a BIG 'thump' tonight, I'll know you released the prisoner in Enigmatis 2. Whistle
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:25 am

lol, Butterfly!! I'm not anywhere near releasing the prisoner yet!

Oh my gosh, Emma and the Inventor 2 played terrible on my laptop, slo-mo & choppy. I had to change the system cursor so it wasn't floating all over the place. The Hint system sucked and the cut-scenes were awful. I still battled my way through it until I got to a stand-still...I was supposed to put some wood in a wood burner & come back later to check on it (that's what I was told).
    Every time I went back to it, the wood was outside of the burner & I had to put it back in, peat&repeat. The Hint kept telling me to go back there. I gave up!
    Sorry, devs, but this one needs to go back to the shop! (Plus, I didn't get wide-screen, which is not a deal-breaker IF I'm enjoying the game)

I've been looking at Namariel Legends: Iron Lord. I know it's an adventure game and I thought it bordered on steam-punk. I'll have to demo it now, Butterfly, since you liked it!

Hope you & your DH have a wonderful day, as well!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi guys, oh please don't give away too much on Enigmatis 2 -- I haven't played it yet! OH!Big smile 
    RL (plus some health concerns) have been keeping me away from the boards, but I wanted to pop in to say "Howdy!" Happy bounce
    I hope to play a game or 2 this weekend. Anyone have some fun plans?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:01 pm

No worries, R-Mom, our lips are sealed. Zip it  It really is an awesome game!

Absolutely no fun plans for me, lol! I would like to stay in & play games all weekend, but I know that won't be happenin'.

Hope you are feeling better soon! Hug
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:20 pm

djrum wrote:No worries, R-Mom, our lips are sealed. Zip it
    Thank you!!!! LOL
    And thanks for the well wishes and positive thoughts! I will get my results on Tuesday. Until then it's Party
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:29 am

RenaissanceMom wrote:Hi guys, oh please don't give away too much on Enigmatis 2 -- I haven't played it yet! OH!Big smile 
    RL (plus some health concerns) have been keeping me away from the boards, but I wanted to pop in to say "Howdy!" Happy bounce
    I hope to play a game or 2 this weekend. Anyone have some fun plans?
    @Hi RMom - Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Wishing you a speeding recovery and hope you feel much better today. Half Flower 

No worries about spoilers on Enignatis or any games from DJ or me. We know better. I think you will love the game also and might look like this when you've finished it.  Shock  Wish I did have some fun plans for the weekend, but its College football Saturday and Pro football Sunday, so...Sweat drop 

@DJ - I thought I heard a 'thud' (at one specific place) on Enigmatis...was that you? lol Was that a WOW game to you also? I just finished it again & got the things I was looking for this time. It still was not easy though. The second time playing it was just as much fun as the first time for me.  Would love to hear your thoughts on it, but haven't seen where we can PM here. Am I overlooking it?
    Hope you and your DH have a wonderful day today. Sunny
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:16 am

Anyone going to try the sale today at BF?  I don't want to 'demo' the game, just buy one. If I read correctly, you have to 'demo' the games first before you can buy them.  You buy one SE at the regular price and get the next SE for 99 cents. If I misunderstood this, (about the 'game application & demo first') would someone please let me know. Thanks everyone.

@RMom - If I do get a game today, you'll know what I'll be doing instead of watching ballgames.  Happy bounce

Has anyone played 'Left In the Dark:  No One on Board'?  Is it an ok game, good, or great game? (Creepy or exciting)?  Any advise is appreciated.  Smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 am

You crack me up, Butterfly! I did play for a bit last night, but it was really late and I was getting sleepy. I hope to play a lot today!
    I am very impressed with Enigmatis 2.

What's this about the sale and having to demo games first? I mean, I always demo first to make sure it works on my computer. If I've already demo'd it and just waited awhile to get it (fill a PC rush), I'll go ahead and get it, no point in demo'ing again (sometimes, I'll demo on the other computer). I've never heard of a game demo being mandatory.
    I won't be getting any SEs. The CEs are on sale for $9.99, using a code word (I don't remember what it was, it was in my e-mail).

I have Left in the Dark: No One on Board, haven't played it yet because I'd forgotten about it.
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 am

@DJ - I don't get the newsletter. I was wrong about the advertisement. It said you had to use the 'new application' to 'install' the game (not demo it).  What the heck does that mean. Didn't we 'always' have to use the 'GM' before the new 'game application' to demo, install and download games? Wonder what the difference is?  I'm still not sure I'll get a game today or not (even though 99 cents for the second SE is tempting). Monday I could fill up a PCC if I did though...decisions...decisions.   Hmm...  If the games start going bad today, I'll probably weaken. lol   I can't watch our team on TV myself, but DH is going to be here...that settles it...I'm going for the new game, close the door,  &  turn up the sound 'very' loud.  It's either that or  faints  I dread weekends!

Hope you have a great day.  Sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:31 am