Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+12
pippi
Frodo
tesamoine
RenaissanceMom
Sportygal2009
JustTheFacts
kac
Ghostly
luvtoread
_DD_
tweetypie
genkicoll
16 posters

Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Late again~ I am still without a computer at the office Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 2164293255

OK, so today's TGT is Pizza Pizza (what is this, a Little Caesar's game?) -- a match-3 game that is garnering some mediocre ratings at Big Fish. The Daily Deal is a "real time" strategy game by the name of Plant Tycoon. It can be very fun if you're into this type of game.

iWin now has Wonder World, a FROG which has gotten terrible reviews at Big Fish.

Steam's Daily Deal is Rocksmith for $14.99, and GamersGate's is Stalker: Clear Sky for $2.49.

Happy gaming!

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:01 am

Not much happened yesterday, hence no update. You may have noticed, however, that Les Miserables: Cosette's Fate is out at GameHouse. A lot of people were looking forward to this one, but the fact that it came out at GH first does not bode well for it coming out at Big Fish. Time will tell, of course Smile New at GH today is Lost Secrets: November 1963.

Out yesterday at Big Fish was Between the Worlds III, which has gotten some terrible reviews, and out today is the Collector's Edition of Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death. The Daily Deal is The Serpent of Isis 2: Your Journey Continues.

iWin now has both the Standard Edition of Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can and the Collector's Edition of Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden.

Steam's Daily Deal is Governor of Poker 2 for $4.99, is still good for a couple of hours, and Gamersgate's Daily Deal is Battlefield 3 for $9.99.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 am

Out today at Big Fish is the standard edition of Reality Show: Fatal Shot. This one is a pure adventure game (no hidden object scenes) from ERS, and reportedly very short. Still, if you have a coupon just sitting around, I hear that it's quite enjoyable. Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 981981812 The Daily Deal is Surface 1: Mystery of Another World.

iWin now has Lost Secrets: November 1963 (aka Hidden Secrets: The JFK Conspiracy), and you may have noticed that Alawar released New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2 yesterday. They also have gotten The Bluecoats: North vs. South, which is a remake of the 1990 strategy game.

GameHouse has a developer sale on Playrix games, with the SE's (and some bundles!) on sale for $4.99 each. Click HERE to find the list.

Steam's Daily Deal is Gateways for $1.69, and GamersGate's is Strategic War in Europe for $5.08.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 am

Skipped another day, tralala~ Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 1339004300

Big Fish released The Mirror Mysteries 2: Forgotten Kingdoms yesterday. From the comments I've seen, it's a FROG, and heavy on the fragmented objects. The TGT is the Collector's Edition of Death Pages: Ghost Library, and I am liking the graphics in the screenshots! The Daily Deal is 9: The Dark Side -- a game which I personally couldn't stand (it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason!) but which MANY friends absolutely loved. Give it a try, at least - $2.99 is an awesome deal for a good game, and it is definitely very well-made Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 1404866550

GameHouse has a new match-3 by the name of Yeti Quest: Crazy Penguins, and it looks cute. All games on the site are 40% off through tomorrow (Monday) in honor of MLK's birthday. Just use the code MLK to get your discount.

iWin now has the Standard Editions of both Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power and The Curse of the Werewolves.

Steam's Daily Deal is AirBuccaneers for $7.49, and GamersGate's deal is Lucius for $7.50.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 pm

The TGT at Big Fish is Mahjong Royal Towers, and buying today will get you an extra punch on your game card. The Daily Deal is 2 Tasty Too: l’Amour a Paris.

iWin now has Strike Solitaire, and new at GameHouse is Scary Girl, and action-platformer game.

Steam's Daily Deal is Portal 2 for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Front Mission Evolved for $5.99.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible is now out at Big Fish. As expected, it took about 3 weeks go from Alawar to Big Fish~ There is a soft release of Puzzler World 2013. The Daily Deal is Jigsaws Galore. There is also a promo to get the CE of Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain for $9.99 using the code LEGENDS.

GameHouse now has Big City Adventure 6: Paris, iWin has the match-3 Experiment 2, and Alawar has the Cateia adventure Where Angels Cry.

Steam's Daily Deal is Terraria for $2.49, and GamersGate's is Salvation Prophecy for $10.00.

Happy gaming!

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm

I bought and played "Where Angels Cry".
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. I remember you have
    to collect Angels. Non-h.o. Nice graphics.
    Just might replay it.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 pm

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Lake House: Children of Silence. The Daily Deal is Royal Envoy 2, a great game for those who love the builder-type TM's. Looks like I forgot to mention the CotW on Monday! Whoops! That would be Haunted Manor 2: Queen of Death.

GameHouse has released Monument Builders: Notre Dame. A new MB? I had no idea one was coming out!

Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible is now out at iWin.

Steam's Daily Deal is Chaos on Deponia for $6.79, and The Walking Dead for $12.48.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I've not made an update for a few days, yet no one says anything! Humph! Is this thing on? *taps imaginary microphone* Silly face hehe

So out at Big Fish since my last update are Mahjongg: Legends of the Tiles, the CE's of Surface 3: The Soaring City and Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life, the SE of Spirits of Mystery 3: The Dark Minotaur, Royal Defense, Seven Seas Solitaire, and FINALLY Nightmare Adventures 2: The Turning Thorn. I'm happy to see that the hidden object scenes people were complaining about in the beta were removed. Like the first Nightmare Adventures game, this is an adventure-lite, and I can't wait to play it!

GameHouse released three new bundle deals: Rescue Team Bundle, Fiction Fixers Bundle, and Dorian Gray & Robinson Crusoe Bundle (what a strange combo that is! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 2431214003) Out today is Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness, an adventure which originally came out in 2001, and is also known by the name Necronomicon: The Gateway to Beyond.

New at iWin are Monument Builders 3: Statue of Liberty, the SE of Fishdom 3, the SE of Dark Arcana: The Carnival, the CE of The Beast of Lycan Isle, and Treasure Island: Extended Edition (HdO game.)

Steam's Daily Deal is The Binding of Isaac for $1.24, and GamersGate's is Alan Wake for $8.99.

Happy gaming! Elk grin

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:57 am

Got some extra time this morning, so lo and behold, an update... early! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 981981812

The TGT at Big Fish is Grave Mania: Pandemic Pandemonium. It's not getting the best of reviews, so I've not decided whether to start a topic for it here or not. There is a soft release of a tangram-puzzler by the name of Galactic Express. The Catch of the week is Hallowed Legends 2: Templar, and the Daily Deal is Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection. Today only you can get the CE of Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres for $9.99 using the code TIME.

GameHouse now has Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible, iWin has Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss, and the SE of Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed is now out at Alawar.

Steam's daily deal is Risen 2: Dark Waters for $10.19, and GamersGate's is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for $8.99.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:21 pm

We have three releases at Big Fish today. The SE of Nightmare Realm 2: In the End... is the TGT, plus two soft releases: Rolling Idols (a match-3 game) and New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2 (which is also out at iWin today) The Daily Deal is The Lost Kingdom Prophecy, which actually looks pretty interesting! Hmm... Laugh

GameHouse has a new resource management game that looks interesting: Gardens Inc. - From Rakes to Riches.

Steam's Daily Deal is Alice: Madness Returns for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Offspring Fling for $2.40.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 pm

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Maestro 3: Music from the Void. If you buy today, you can get the SE's of either or both of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each using the code MAESTRO. The Daily Deal is Coffee Rush 3, a TM/M3 combo.

GameHouse now has Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower.

iWin got Rolling Idols, and Alawar now has Lake House: Children of Silence as a Standard Edition.

Steam's Daily Deal is The Walking Dead for $12.49, and GamersGate's is Ridge Racer Unbounded for $10.20.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm

This will be my second attempt at an update today. Hopefully my internet behaves itself this time!

Since my last update, there have been a couple of lackluster releases (if the reviewers are to be believed) at Big Fish: Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth and today's release of Mountain Trap: The Manor of Memories. Also out is the SE for Grim Tales 4: The Stone Queen.

The SE of Fishdom 3 is out at GameHouse, as is Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (Shock! OH!)

iWin now hasGames, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 Empty Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland and Cut the Rope.

Steam's Daily Deal is Half-minute Hero for $3.39, and GamersGate's is Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine for $7.49.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Good day to all that are "listening." Today we have a couple of things to report:

First off, the TGT at Big Fish is Airline Baggage Mania, which I didn't want to add a topic for, simply because the graphics bothered my eyes! Laugh Seeing as how it's getting a whole ONE-star rating, I think I'll pass Silly face The Daily Deal is Deadtime Stories, a truly excellent game. You can see my review HERE if interested. The Catch of the Week is also well-worth the money. Mushroom Age is a truly fun adventure-lite, rife with wonderful humor. My review for that one is HERE.

GameHouse now has New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2, and iWin now has Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland, which according my my records, THEY developed! Well, my records could certainly be (and probably are) mistaken Belly laugh Believe it or not, I actually have a review of this game, as well, which is located HERE.

Steam's Daily Deal is Rayman Origins for $10.19 (looks like a fun platformer!), and GamersGate's is Jurassic Park: The Game $7.49.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 am

Ohayo, minna-san Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 3026146359

The TGT at Big Fish is the standard edition of Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman, and we have TWO soft releases today! The first is Meridian: Age of Invention, which came out at Alawar in late December. It looks really fun, so I'll definitely be checking it out, myself. The other soft release is Green City, a Build-a-Lot-type builder that is getting rave reviews (at least when I checked it Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 3286387481) The Daily Deal is Elixir of Immortality, an excellent game from 2010. I could have sworn I had a topic for this one... Well, this has been remedied Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 981981812 Lastly, all games at Big Fish are 20% off today using the code TWENTY.

The Platinum Edition of Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief is now out at GameHouse. I still find no walkthrough for the game, so it must not be all that difficult... of course, this is just an assumption on my part Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 2981382511
    Out at iWin today is Galactic Express Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 Tuzki-bunny-emoticon-019 (Pardon me, I just felt a need to strike a pose on that one... lol~), a tangram-type puzzle game. I may go ahead and make a topic for it, since I have a friend who loves this type of game. Smile

We have three bundles out at Alawar today, and I'm going to add topics for those in just a moment, so keep an eye out.

Steam's Daily Deal is Street Fighter X Tekken for $16.99, and GamersGate's is Alan Wake's American Nightmare for $4.49.

Happy gaming!

_DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

genkicoll wrote:Ohayo, minna-san Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 3026146359
    wot? Sherlock

(Pardon me, I just felt a need to strike a pose on that one... lol~)
    LOL!

ETA on Friday: Thanks for the explanation, genki! in a Japanese mood, eh? ;)

Last edited by _DD_ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 pm

'Ohayo, minna-san' = 'G'morning, everyone' in Japanese Elk grin

The TGT at Big Fish, as you probably noticed, is the CE of Chimeras: Tune of Revenge. Elephant makes some good games, and this one looks like it doesn't disappoint~ Buy today and get an extra punch on your card. The Daily Deal is Vacation Quest: Australia, and all I know about it is that it's a straight HOG.

Meridian: Age of Invention is now out at both GameHouse and iWin... if Big Fish had just waited a day, my update would have been much shorter yesterday Belly laugh

Alawar just released Outta This Kingdom, a new builder made with Southpoint. The graphics are rather simple compared to what we've become accustomed to, but I'd rather have fun gameplay than outstanding graphics with so-so gameplay Wink Speaking of Alawar, it looks like the three bundles I added yesterday may be a limited-time deal, so if you're interested, check 'em out soon!

Steam's Daily Deal is Tower Wars for $3.99, and GamersGate's is Hotline Miami for $4.98.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 am

Nothing "new"-new to report today, but we do have the SE of Dark Tales 4: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug at Big Fish, and if you buy today, you will earn a bonus punch on your card. The Daily Deal is Antique Road Trip USA, which I believe is more of a straight HOG than anything else.

Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper is now out as a Platinum Edition at GameHouse, and iWin has gotten the CE of Mystery Trackers 4: Four Aces.

Steam's Daily Deal is Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $4.99, and GamersGate's is The Sims 3 Deluxe Bundle for $12.49.

Happy gaming~!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:05 am

'mornin', all *wavies*

The TGT at Big Fish is a rare direct-to-standard-edition sequel, Timeless 2: The Lost Castle. Good for them for bucking the CE-first trend. The Daily Deal is a fantastic adventure, which plays like an IHOG, but without any hidden object scenes. Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost is well worth $2.99, and I'm loading it on my system as we speak Sunny

Big Fish is running a 1/2 off sale on EleFun Games this weekend using the code ELEFUN.

iWin now has Green City, and it may be too early for the other portals, so that's all I have to report for now.

Steam's Daily Deal won't be up 'til later, and GamersGate's is Tryst Premium Edition for $9.00.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:00 am

The TGT at Big fish is another Collector's Edition sequel, 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame. At the time of this posting, it was getting a full 5-star rating. The Daily Deal is the most excellent Shiver 1: Vanishing Hitchhiker. An awesome deal at $2.99!

GameHouse is running a weekend promotion, featuring eight fun time management games for $4.99 each.

Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper is now out as a Collector's Edition at iWin.

Steam is running multiple offers for the weekend, and GamersGate's Daily Deal is Two Worlds 2 for for $4.99.

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 am

New at Big Fish today is The Invisible Man. It's getting mediocre reviews, but my impression is that this is due to the fact that it's mostly hidden objects and story. I've added a topic because I know that I have some members who love straight hidden object games! Sunny The Daily Deal is another straight HOG: Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington. They're running a one-day deal on the CE of Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight: Get it for $9.99 using the code PLIGHT.

GameHouse has the really big news for the day. They've been trending towards adventure games lately, recently having released Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (as mentioned further up in this thread.) Today they release Haunted, another true adventure, and one that is selling for nearly $40 at GamersGate! OH! !! This one was originally released just a couple of months ago, so I see this as quite a coup for them!

iWin now has the Collector's Edition of Sable Maze: Sullivan River.

Steam's Daily Deal is Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Jet Set Radio for $3.38.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 pm

You probably noticed the new topic for Whispers: Revelation, which is the soft release at Big Fish today. The TGT is Motor Town: Soul of the Machine, which as I expected is getting some great reviews (go Alawar! Sunny) The Daily Deal is Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens, and the Catch of the Week (which I forgot to mention yesterday... what a surprise Silly face) is Shiver 2: Poltergeist. I adored the first one, but have yet to play this one (again, what a surprise!Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 597951271) All games on the site are 20% off the regular price by using the code TUESDAY.

New at GameHouse today is Rolling Idols (eee, it's everywherrrre! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 1339004300) and all games on the site are 50% off today only, using the code GAMEHOUSE50.

The Collector's Edition of Haunted Halls 3: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore can now be found at iWin.

Alawar now has Chronoclasm Chronicles, and they snuck in an arcade game release yesterday by the name of Envoy.

Steam's Daily Deal is Trine 2 (some nice graphics on this action-platformer!) for $3.74, and GamersGate's is Alpha Protocol - The Espionage RPG for $2.99.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the standard edition ofGames, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 Empty Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma. There is a soft release of But to Paint a Universe, which seems to be a standard match-3, and the Daily Deal is Hotel Mogul.

The Tribloos 2 is now out at GameHouse, and Mahjong Royal Towers is out at iWin. Speaking of iWin, they are running a 50% off promo on ten games, which you can check out HERE.

Steam's Daily Deal is Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for $5.09, and GamersGate's is Dungeon Lords MMXII for $4.50.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death, and if you buy today, you will earn a bonus punch on your game card. Yesterday's release was the CE of Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen, which is quite a lovely FROG. The Daily Deal is one of my favorites, Elementals: The Magic Key. You can see my review HERE. I really don't know why my response to this game was so over the top, but there you go~ Elk grin

GameHouse now has the SE of Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can and Green City, and iWin has gotten the CE of Shadow Wolf Mysteries 3: Cursed Wedding. You might have noticed yesterday that they also have Newshawk Bags A Bootlegger, which I believe is a straight HOG.

Alawar has finally released Sacra Terra 2: Kiss of Death (as a CE), so you'll have to forgive my fangirl squee Happy bounce ... Squee! Belly laugh

Steam's Daily Deal is The Amazing Spider-man for $19.99, and they're running a weekend deal on Castle Crashers for $7.49. GamersGate's DD is Sonic Generations for $7.49.

Happy gaming!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 am

It's a BOGO sale at Big Fish! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 2520623126 I'll be posting a topic in a bit, but all you have to do is to to the site, and you'll get a pop-up with the info~ The TGT looks good: Shadows: Price for Our Sins is one of the rare straight-to-SE games out, and hopefully as good as it looks Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 2981382511 The Daily Deal is Time Mysteries 1: Inheritance.

GameHouse now has Puzzler World 2013, and they too are having a weekend sale, though for members only. All Premium & Platinum games are $6.99 each or 1 FunTicket.

Tower of Elements
    (M3 / Strategy / Tower Defense) is now out at iWin.

Nothing new at Alawar, but if Sacra Terra 2 comes to Big Fish tomorrow, I'll definitely be participating in the weekend sale! Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 8 3026146359

Gardenscapes 2 is out at Playrix, and I'll be posting that info shortly~

Steam's Daily Deal is Sine Mora for $3.39, and GamersGate's is Sword of the Stars Collection for $2.49.

Happy gaming!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm