Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Empty Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Jewel Match Winter Wonderland
    by iWin

Available at:
    Big Fish
    iWin

Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Jewelmatchwinterwo_feature

This delightful matching game will have you aligning jewels and smashing ice boxes before you know it! Line up matching holiday jewels to break them out of their frozen boxes. The 150 levels and relaxing holiday soundtrack will keep you coming back. You'll have a hard time breaking this holiday habit!

• 150 levels.
    • 2 difficulty settings.
    • Relaxing holiday music.

Click images to enlarge
    Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Th_screen1 Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Th_screen2 Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland Empty Re: Jewel Match: Winter Wonderland

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 am

Jewel Match - Winter Wonderland

A match-3 game that is only listed in the puzzle category.

So-so gameplay, so-so match-3 graphics... BUT, the background graphics are lovely and relaxing, and the music is wonderful. An instrumental Christmas carol plays in the background while you work on a match-3 scene, and when you finish it, you can just look at the beautiful, calm background with softly falling snow. When you start a new match-3 scene, the background changes, and you get a new holiday instrumental. Heart

During the hour I played, the only song that was not extremely enjoyable (to me) was their version of "Amazing Grace". It was still pretty, just not arranged in a way that spoke to me.

The game works great for me, but Alt-tabbing out of the game causes an access error violation and crashes the game. Just don't Alt-tab - it works fine as long as you exit the game properly Sunny Going back into the game was no problem, except that if you have any progress on a certain screen, you'll have to start that screen over.

The power-ups are nice, the gameplay gets more challenging as you go, but no story with this to make it more immersive - just match-3 with music and pretty backgrounds. The background can be adjusted in the options to make it darker, so if you don't want a background at all, you can make it almost black.

I'd say that this game is worth buying just for the music and the lovely backgrounds. It would be nice to set it up between levels so that you have a nice wintry animated background and very nice instrumental holiday music playing.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 am