Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) Empty Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite)

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:33 am

Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost
    by Casual Box - August, 2011

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC and Mac
    GameHouse
    Iwin

enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) Age-of-enigma-the-secret-of-the-6th-ghost_feature

Help the ghostly inhibitants of a haunted house as you venture  into the beyond and discover the secret of the 6th ghost! Mysteriously  summoned to a house you have seen only in your nightmares, you will  encounter the dark and inscrutable Nathan and help the ghosts held  captive there in Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost. Explore this spooky Adventure game and escape from hell!

• Spooky gameplay
    • Incredible atmosphere
    • Discover the 6th ghost!
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) Th_screen1  enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) Th_screen2  enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) Empty Re: Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite)

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite)

It seems like forever ago that I bought this game, and it has been a while... over a year and a half ago Silly face I suppose that counts in a way... Mahaha Elk grin

There are two difficulty modes, and I love the options, so I'm going to quote them here:
    Casual - You are guided through the adventure. Basic dialog is provided and active zones are highlighted.
    Adventure - You are free to roam. Dialog is more detailed and active zones are not highlighted.
    Love it! Free to roam and more story? You betcha! I went for Adventure mode Sunny

Options include separate sliders for Music and Sound Effects, Full-screen or Windowed, and Custom Cursor.

The beginning cut scenes are voiced over, and all scenes are skippable. The sound effects are very well done, gave me a chill at one point Wink Any time your diary opens up, be sure to read the new entry. There is a depth to the story that you'll miss otherwise! Also in your diary is a "Guide", which is a task list, in case you need to be reminded of your current objectives.

Zoom-in scenes do not automatically close once you've completed your actions there, however, if you re-enter the scene, it WILL tell you that you've finished in that area (assuming that you're actually finished Laugh)

There are 25 mini-games, and they can be replayed once you've completed them. Just click on the Extras button on the main screen. As for completing them to begin with, there is always the SKIP button if you are unable to solve them.

There isn't exactly a HINT button. If you open your task list, you will see that there are things you can click on. Doing so will give you additional information, but it won't show/tell you exactly what to do (it's actually a hint -- hurrah! Happy bounce) This doesn't mean that you have to just randomly click on everything in sight -- if you mouse-over something of interest, the cursor will change (ie. to a hand if you need to pick something up.)

I can't say that this is the most outstanding adventure-lite I've ever played, but it is certainly an enjoyable way to while away the hours. enigma - Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Adventure-lite) 1404866550

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 pm