Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by luvtoread Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:25 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:Hi luv (and everyone else)!
    I recently bought Calavera and Cobra's Eye but haven't played them yet. (Am doing a Nancy Drew group play at the moment.) But I have a soon-to-expire PCC and am debating between League of Lights and Chinese Healer. I know they had fans here - which was your favorite?
    Wow---well,  I liked Chinese Healer because it was different-the asian settings itself was refreshing.
    I just finished League of Light.   I did like it,  but it is the usual dark and eerie.   Not a bad thing,
     but depends on what your in the mood for.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 am

lol, y'all are cracking me up! Belly laugh I got the gingerbread cookie game and paired it with Forest Legends.

I'm currently playing the bonus in Nightmares From the Deep 2. I know a lot of you guys don't like pirate-themed games, but...man, these games are fantastic!
    Nightmares 2 - We're on the high seas again, having been asked to help rescue a siren in distress. Having arrived on the island, we must outwit a corrupt mayor whose contract with the infamous Davy Jones has wreaked havoc on the unsuspecting townsfolk.
    The cut-scenes are absolutely amazing, especially the slo-mo scenes.
    The voice-overs are fitting. Once again, the story progresses with a small fee to the Guardian of the Chest (I love this character!).
    The hidden object scenes are - lists, frogs, and replace items. The puzzles are good & not mind-breaking.
    Achievements & morphing objects - yes.

I'm not crazy about pirate/water themed games in general, however, I do make an exception with the Nightmare series.
    Simply marvelous work, Artifex Mundi!!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 am

Today's the last day to get both of The Witcher games for under $8.00 at GOG.  Just wanted to mention it for those who haven't ventured out of the D&E thread, yet Sunny
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am

Thanks, Genki!

I finally summoned the courage to d/l & install the BFGA onto my desktop. EEK!  No problems, runs fine! Whew! Sweat drop 

I've demo'd the TGT (something about a ruby), got stuck on the "follow the line" puzzle, almost used all my demo time trying to solve the darned thing....so I used a PCC for the game.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:31 pm

DJ, I copied your comments on Nightmares from the Deep 2 to the game thread so that anyone looking for info will see it Elk grin  Thanks so much for the input, always good to know!... and congratulations on the new "app" working OK on your computer!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 pm

That's fine, Genki! Big smile  I was so happy the BFGA installed & worked. Happy bounce 

I was just on fb & seen Hondo's Highlights--

Dark Manor - PC (Free to Play)
    Sea of Lies: Mutiny of the Heart CE (from Eipix)
    Sable Maze: Norwich CE (this is the one I've been waiting on, hope it's as good as the first!)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks, DJ!  Got it posted in Hondo's Game Predictions a bit ago... forgot until a couple of hours ago Silly face

Speaking of a couple of hours, I've just spent the last two revamping our smilies... organizing, adding new ones, and deleting a couple of ones I didn't think anyone would miss.  I even added some CHOCOLATE for when we need to "wash our mouths out with chocolate." Snicker  You'll find new ones scattered all over, but look in the Misc tab for the choco.

Check out this tutorial if you're lost:
    Finding ALL of the Forum Smilies
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 am

In case you're wondering why I just posted the Dark Fall series, it would be because of this article at GOG today:
    Re-release: Dark Fall 1&2
    The ghost hunt begins anew!

Dark Fall: The Journal and Dark Fall 2: Lights Out, two gripping horror adventure games sporting a thick atmosphere with more than just a hint of ectoplasm, are returning to GOG.com today, for only $5.99 each.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 8 C50d98021205130bbd2fdf390884ddf518903cab_smallGhosts, apparitions, spirits--whether you see them or not, they're a part of our world just like the forces of nature, economy, and your postman. In most cases, they're separated from the mundane realm by a thin, yet impenetrable veil. There are some places, however, where the veil is thinner, and there are some people who can see through it. All. The. Time. If you're not one of these people, be thankful. Strange things happen around those with psychic abilities. The mere presence of such people throws the reality off balance. Sometimes, the other side pushes against the barrier so hard, that the worlds collide without a medium present. Some places break down under the pressure and become permanently haunted. In such places the mundane logic becomes suspended, and the realm of the strange and terrifying opens before humans. These games tell of such events and places.

Dark Fall: The Journal and Dark Fall 2: Lights Out are a shining example of paranormal activity-focused storytelling in gaming. Each of the games tells a gripping story in which the protagonist becomes involved in events that go far beyond our mundane understanding of the world. They create a first-person perspective experience that masterfully captures the eerie atmosphere of a ghost hunt, where the presence of strange forces feel very real and close. With immersive story and many intriguing puzzles these games should satisfy anyone looking for some chill-inducing adventure. Both games were available on GOG.com in the past, but had to be temporarily excluded from our catalog. Now, they're back to haunt you, and you'll enjoy it if they do.

Dark Fall: The Journal and Dark Fall 2: Lights Out eluded us for some time, but now they came back from the gaming limbo and we have them locked in our GOG.com proton pack, ready to bring them directly to your drive for only $5.99 each.
    Until I saw this, I didn't even realize there was a Dark Fall 3! OH!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Hello D& E friends, and hugs from my section of the 'pond'. (Though we don't have to be fish any more, do we. Yeah right )
    I've been super busy at the moment as well as sleep-deprived and just a little bit stressed Stars but I expect to be back to normal soon. Meanwhile I just wanted to pop in and say "hi". Smile 

Thanks for the new emoticons, Genki. You're the best!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 am

Hi there, R-Mom! Big smile  I hope things return to normal as soon as possible for you.

Well, I sent an e-mail to BFG's CS because I was having trouble using a couple of PCCs, and I couldn't remember if I'd already used them...(I'm usually pretty good with writing things down, but I must've forgot).
    Customer Support (Thanks, Geoff, in Seattle) was extremely helpful and polite (as usual), and gave me a free GC for my troubles!!! Gosh, it was no trouble on my part. I hated to bother them.

I beta'd the TGT - In the Dark: Nobody on the Ship (can't remember the title) & I wasn't that impressed with it. From (IIRC) a developer who is under contract with Artifex Mundi (who must be publishing games, as well as developing them). Since I need 1 more punch, I'll get it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 am

The Dark Fall games look very scary. EEK! 

I love the new smilies, Genki!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:23 am

I finished the main game of Sins of the Father last night... Just need to finish the bonus chapter, now.  I was in a funk and had trouble playing it for a few days there, but my interest picked back up last night, so hopefully it'll be a trend, and I'll get back to enjoying my games again! Elk grin
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 am

lol, Genki, I think we all go through a "game funk" at times. I was in a game funk last week, but it didn't last long.

Is Sins of the Father the game where the son & the father were very good-looking? Dark Strokes: Sins of the Father, I've played it and thought it was good, plus the added eye-candy was beneficial to the game.
    I need to replay that one, I've only played it once.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 am

Yes, Dark Strokes: Sins of the Father.  I'll finalize the review once I finish the CE, but already mentioned the son in there :evilgrin:He may be one of my favorite male game characters devilish grin
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:54 pm

And I thought you were referring to Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, lol. Totally different game, duh.
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Yum...Chocolate!!! Thanks, Genki! Mouse pbbt Chocolate num 

Questions on the Dark Fall games: is there a walkthrough? And are we propelling a character around that we'll be walking into walls/doors/other people? I HATED the Dracula games for that very reason!
    Also, do they autosave?

I got hooked on the weirdest D&E recently: Twilight City: Love as a Cure. I thought it would be a vomitous vampire-mush story, but it's actually a very odd (and addictive) real-life-simulator game. You run around town, collect gold/manna/health, eat, sleep, buy clothes, decorate your vampire apartment, apply for jobs...probably the weirdest game I've ever played, and if you'd ever told me about it I never would have bought it. The love story (such as it was) was so far in the background that I completely forgot I was trying to get cured of my vampirism to return to my "long lost love", whoever he was...Vampire Lamp 

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Jeannie, on the Dark Fall games, I've added a link to a walkthrough in each game thread.  In these games, we don't see a character walking around like we did in the Dracula games -- these games are more like Scratches, in that it's like YOU are in the game.

As for Twilight City: Love as a Cure, I LOVE this game, and I've made a guide of sorts to help the newer players out, which you can find HERE.  The game is much easier to understand if you've played Magic Life (also a lot of fun!)
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 pm

This is so funny, Jeannie and Genki. I demo'd Twilight City and surprised myself by liking it, but then thought naaah! It was so goofily strange I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Now that it's been discussed openly -ahem- maybe I'll pick it up and see where it goes.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:37 am

Hi, everyone. Thanks for the forum invite, Genki! I hope you're all well and happy. Hug 

The river site is having a good sale. I noticed a lot of Nancy Drew games were $2.99.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Bloom, you made it! Happy bounce  No need to say "the river site" anymore -- just shout out loud and say AMAZON is having a sale!!  Add a link if you want!  Add pictures!  Custom avatar!  Say "shit" even, if you really want to... and here's some chocolate to wash my mouth out Chocolate num Laugh

Amazon.com Nancy Drew games, sorted by price, are HERE.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:36 pm

genkicoll wrote:Bloom, you made it! Happy bounce  No need to say "the river site" anymore -- just shout out loud and say AMAZON is having a sale!!  Add a link if you want!  Add pictures!  Custom avatar!  Say "shit" even, if you really want to... and here's some chocolate to wash my mouth out Chocolate numLaugh

Amazon.com Nancy Drew games, sorted by price, are HERE.
    Hahaha! Yeah, I just got into the habit of referring to Amazon that way. I didn't go through the whole list of sales on that site, but I remembered some people from CCC liked the Nancy Drew games.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is available for pre-order on GOG and Steam. It'll be available September 10th. I don't pre-order, but I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up when it's on sale.

Outlast is also available for pre-order on Steam. It's due to be out on the 4th. That one looks like it'll be pretty creepy.

Both games are 20% off if you pre-order.

Has anyone seen Butterflyshrimp? I need to PM some people at BF that I haven't chatted with since they removed CCC.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Butterflyshrimp registered here earlier this month, but hasn't made any posts.  You can see who's registered by clicking on the Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 8 I_icon_mini_membersDark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 8 Emptybutton at the top of the forum.  Once there, you can sort the info by member name, with Ascending order (A-Z), or you can just do a search for the name(s) you're looking for.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:13 pm

BloomingLilac wrote:Hi, everyone. Thanks for the forum invite, Genki! I hope you're all well and happy. Hug 

The river site is having a good sale. I noticed a lot of Nancy Drew games were $2.99.
    Great sale but DAMN! I have all those already.
    Hi Bloom!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:17 pm

BloomingLilac wrote:Outlast is also available for pre-order on Steam. It's due to be out on the 4th.  That one looks like it'll be pretty creepy.
    Some of the graphics remind me a LOT of those in Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls. EEK!  Creepy-scary-bloody.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:31 pm

genkicoll wrote:
    BloomingLilac wrote:Outlast is also available for pre-order on Steam. It's due to be out on the 4th.  That one looks like it'll be pretty creepy.
    Some of the graphics remind me a LOT of those in Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls. EEK!  Creepy-scary-bloody.
    Have you played the Dark Fall series? I haven't, but if they're any good, I might give them a try.

Thanks for the update on Bfs. I hope she starts posting here.

Hi, RMom. Hug 

You all can call me Lilac if you want to. I wanted to use that name on CCC, but it was already taken. I've kept this name here so everyone will know me from CCC. :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:41 pm