Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Almond Roca is basically almond toffee with chocolate on top. It's divine. 

And fairly easy to make. 

But easier to eat. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Cookie
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:02 pm

sounds  delicious
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love Almond Roca!!

I'm still playing Weird Park 3 and enjoying it very much. There is a bonus, after finishing the main game, you'll go straight to it.
    I am disappointed Alawar wouldn't let BFG release the "other" version, although some people did mistakenly receive it. Not me. Cry

Epic Star should develop a true D&E game. Their graphics would be perfect for one.

Oh, I almost forgot, Cursery: The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat is awesome. The story in the bonus is killer, very dark and twisted.
    It's well-worth getting the CE, especially with all the weekend sales. Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:36 am

I adore Almond Roca!  Nummy!

In gaming news, there's apparently been a leak by Paypal Japan, and the Steam Winter Sale will begin in one week -- on December 18th!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:12 pm

I made the roca. Totally worth it!

Had to take it in to work so I wouldn't eat it all. 

I love to cook. Some days I wonder why I don't do it for a living. 

Wish you all could sample the roca I made!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Me too Esme! *drool*
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm

I wish we could have a big, old holiday party. I would love to chat with all of you... it's so much fun here, I can only imagine it would be better in real life.  Snowy bounce YayPresents
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:59 am

And now for the dark and eerie update from Justie-the-dragon-keeping, occasional beta testing little birdie for it really is getting scary!

I keep losing my following of this thread, Cry and go for days wondering where everybody is, only to find out, the world has, as usual passed me by while I was stealing dragon eggs. But what's with that?? Obviously I must be doing something wrong?? Shock And I've just read 3 pages worth of important stuff that I would really have liked to have seen earlier. Although, it makes me just as sad knowing it now.

Genki,
    Spoiler:

About Cursery: I only played the demo of the CE and then bought the SE and had a wonderful time playing it. I am a lot happier than all you "moneyed types" with the SE versions because the vast majority of my games have to be SE, on my budget. 

Collectible Cupcakes: Hansel & Gretel, fun game, but my least favourite game of Eipix. They prove their genius by producing an excellent game in a genre completely outside their norm. But they are definitely kings in the adventure & mystery stories. Liked the cupcakes Smile and the annoying little helper.

NOW FOR A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR

I'd like, if I may, to add a word on-topic, before we wander off back to more culinary exemplary recipes, of which I am jealous but completely ignorant.

A little birdie has been in touch again with our favourite Frankenstein-visualizing guys at Jet Dogs. The next game on their books is called Cursed. LUV the simple name! It's strictly D&E all the way. I have never seen so many truly creepy, frightening, gross or just plain ugly creatures in such a short space of time (beta, so about an hour)! I am sorry to say I can't share that with all of you to play for yourselves, but I get the impression I am getting these invites because I once wrote to them, offering my services as a volunteer localization editor and they are taking me as good as my word!  Snicker WillworkforGAMES 

They sent me a copy of the Frankenstein game, which is the version that will go to the game company who releases it (BFG I assume), but Australia's entire national network is completely shot all over the place, so while nobody is adversely affected all the time, everyone is affected some of the time. and long downloads of zip files - not possible.  Gah!

Right, that's me, back to the cave.

Esme I wish we could have a great big party too! That would be so much fun! And I'll bring the prawns (fancy shrimp) and special recipe seafood cocktail sauce. What? Something hot? Why would I want something hot to eat? It's almost 80F here in the day!  Sunny hydrated

singz Flashing through the sand, in a one-string open thong,
    O'er the dunes we go, laughing all the way. singz 

I could go on, but it gets obscene after that.  Cute Dragon
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:06 am

esme---I would love to come over just to eat your cooking!!!

JTF--That Frankenstein game sounds very good.   I like Jet Dog games.  I would also love
    to be in your area of the world,  right now.  
    It isn't as cold as it was last year---at least not yet.
    But still.
    Altho I will pass on the one string thong---sand up my bottom would not make me laugh
    all the way.    OH!   Snicker

I have been playing Graven:  The Purple Moon.   Really good game. 
    But--you knew this was coming!!---why is it that people cut this  "you must
    save the world"  thing so close.       (Similar question Marty asks  Doc in 3rd
    "Back to the Future").
    "We know you are the ArchDruidess  and this Demon is getting loose,  but still
    we must put you to this lame test to prove your worthiness cause even though
    we've got all the stuff to defeat it,  we must waste valuable time standing around
    while you play match the tiles---which proves you know your ruins"     Huh?
    The test kind of bothered me----even though I know its a game

kind of spoiler:

I know its not real,   its just I wonder what the devs are thinking at times.
    The game is challenging but not overly difficult.   
    It has mistletoe and prisms ?  no,  triangle thingys to find  (name escapes me)

I like the fact you get yelled at by someone for just coming in and snooping around.
    Pretty funny!

I cannot believe I have one more week of work and then 2 weeks off.
    Games to play!!
    Plus---game sales!!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Well,  finished up my game.      I have to say,   the story was quite predictable,  you
    could see what was going to happen  (and as usual,  the characters are surprised).

Sooo....have to figure out what is next.    Decisions,  decisions.   Final Cut,   Hansel and
    Gretal with esme's  mutant carrot vines,    I bought and have never played the one with
    Jack and the beanstalk's kingdom.....something like that.

Plus games from Steam I should think about playing.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:04 pm

I made Rosemary and Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes tonight. YUM! 

I am playing Tin Soldier. It's so pretty. About what you'd expect for a Christmas game, but I wanted the comfort of predictability this time. I'm enjoying is thus far. The villain being turned into a toy makes me laugh more than it probably should. I'm just a freak that way. 

Let us know what you decide on, Luvto!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm keeping both Tin Soldier and Christmas Eve for, you guessed it, Christmas Eve.  carol

It's about as Christmassy as I get. But I will treat myself and the cats to our (well, my) favourite foods and xmas music on some yet to be determined internet radio.

Would really have loved to just experience a Christmas season --- in season!  spit take

So I'll do the "virtual life" thing.  consolegaming
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Sounds like a good night, Justie!

I usually replay Christmasville every year, but just didn't have time this year. I love that weird, quirky little game dearly. I have missed it this year! 

carol
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:17 pm

I've been on vacation this whole week, and wouldn't you know it, was feeling poorly the whole time! Overreaction

I started off vacation with a BANG -- My LMT/Oriental Medicine sister came down and gave everyone massages (and acupuncture when indicated) for Christmas (what an AWESOME present!! Happy bounce  ) and I just HAD to get a gluten-free pizza on the way home.  It'd been months since I'd indulged, and I figured I was worth it Wink

Thing is, the darned thing ended up being contaminated with wheat (only the second time since Figaro's started making them,) and I ended up sleeping an extra 3 (or more) hours a day whilst the kids were at school. Sigh  Then yesterday I had a bona fide virus!  Gah!  Slept for 6 hours during the day, and would have slept longer if the phone hadn't rung!

Back "on topic" (no such thing in here, really! Laugh ) I was able to get back to The Wolf Among Us yesterday.  I'm now half way through chapter 4 of 5.  It's really dark, but I'm back to enjoying it.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Awww I hope you start feeling better soon. This is a terrible time of year to be sick. So much to do!

Still working on Tin Soldier. Hopefully when I'm on vacation next week I'll have more time to play and enjoy it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Genki, I hope you're feeling better.

Esme, I wish I could taste some of that Almond Roca!

Well, my sister told me Christmas is next week! Here's me when she told me... faints
    I thought it was a week from next Thursday. Embarrassed Time sure has a habit of getting away from me in this hustle & bustle holiday season.

So, I've been playing Amaranthine Voyage: Shadow of Torment in bits and pieces. It really is a great game! I think it's my favorite in the series.
    Good game flow, storyline consistency, relaxing music, fun puzzles and, of course, Eipix's layered HO scenes (which I love).

I used 2 PCCs today for Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy and Myths of Orion: Light from the North.

I tried the TGT, but the game quit working. IE said it would look for a "solution" and I thought, "don't bother". I chose not to install the Direct X thing or whatever it was, could've been why it quit working.
    I was thinking about getting it just to see if I could complete a HO scene WITHOUT asking for a hint.

Haunted Hotel #I don't know, due out this week. Watching Jessica's video, something dreadful has happened to our detective, looks kind of interesting.

Oh, I think the other CE is a new Dana Knightstone game.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:44 am

djrum wrote:
    Well, my sister told me Christmas is next week! Here's me when she told me... faints  AND NOW I AM TOO!  faints I haven't even decided what I'll eat - and that means tomorrow is the last day for buying anything from the city!  Gah!  Think I'll buy a frozen pie... no, not really, but it has thrown me for a loop.
    I thought it was a week from next Thursday. Embarrassed Time sure has a habit of getting away from me in this hustle & bustle holiday season.

So, I've been playing Amaranthine Voyage: Shadow of Torment in bits and pieces. It really is a great game! I think it's my favorite in the series.
    Good game flow, storyline consistency, relaxing music, fun puzzles and, of course, Eipix's layered HO scenes (which I love). <---Me too! Heart

I used 2 PCCs today for Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy and Myths of Orion: Light from the North.

I tried the TGT, but the game quit working. IE said it would look for a "solution" and I thought, "don't bother". I chose not to install the Direct X thing or whatever it was, could've been why it quit working. I did approve of it downloading the latest, but it turns out I (and probably you if you get auto updates with Windows) that my latest is better than theirs  Whistle , and IN THE END they didn't download ANYTHING.

I was thinking about getting it just to see if I could complete a HO scene WITHOUT asking for a hint. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Rotfl

Haunted Hotel #I don't know, due out this week. Watching Jessica's video, something dreadful has happened to our detective, looks kind of interesting.

Oh, I think the other CE is a new Dana Knightstone game.
    SO glad my link to D&E thread is working again!  Elk grin
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:35 am

Hooray, Justie! Elk grin

Yep, I still can't get over Christmas is next week!

Christmas Eve will be enjoyed with our family and Christmas day will be with spent with our friends. I'll have to remember to get confirmations on that.
    Hubs said he may have to work both days....and he's terribly sick right now.
    'Tis the season! Whistle   Sick

And that means I'll probably be sick next week. Overreaction

The weather has been freaky. Warm, cold, freezing cold, snow, thunder, Dunno  It's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're getting. OH!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:46 am

Weather's been all over the place here too! Christmas day is supposed to be a flourishing 30+C (90F). But my weather app says this Friday will be the only day over 65F for the rest of the year! Buried-in-snow
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:52 am

Well, actually, re a box of chocolates...I do know what I'm getting! I squish it with my finger!

So there...I said it...I am guilty of squishing chocolates because I don't like being surprised!

imatruffle
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:55 am

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 ShockedDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 3 Rotfl

[*](✿◠‿◠) Got no idea what that is meant to me. Happiness I hope!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Oh gosh, Justie, I am so jealous of your weather.

I would be tickled if our temp stayed around 75 degrees all year with snowfall occurring only on Christmas day.
    I couldn't even imagine Christmas shopping in a T-shirt and shorts!

I stay cold all winter. c-cold
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 am

I stay cold during all of our winters too! It's about what you're accustomed to, I guess. Our winters are so pallid compared to yours! It's not even below 75F and I feel a little cold!  c-cold
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:20 am

Yesterday was an incredibly stressful day for me, so I'm hoping that today is going to be relaxing and fun... Of course, I *always* hope for relaxing and fun Elk grin

Ah yes, chocolate!  Chocolate num   I am drowning in chocolate imatruffle and what a way to go!  My brother made 6 (count 'em, SIX!!) kinds of fudge and brought over quite a bit of all six kinds just for myself and sis (co-worker).  There's the white chocolate cinnamon (OMG, it's FANTASTIC!) and white chocolate with lemon and lavender (also fantastic).  Well hell, they're ALL fantastic! Laugh  The "regular" fudges are rum, mint-amaretto, toffee (has Heath toffee bits in it), and finally, raspberry-orange.  Now I'm not a fan of raspberry and chocolate together, but with the orange, it really works!

Next week I'll be making MY fudges, but I'm going to go simple and just make two this year:  Pecan and peppermint (has crushed candy canes in it.) YES 

The holidays are upon us, and I'M NOT READY!!! Overreaction  Extra expenses keep popping up, RL is interfering with my ability to go out and shop (not that I have the money to do so, but I'd like to try!), and the few presents I have are not wrapped!

It's going to be a good Christmas, regardless, 'cause I say so Santa Dance   The season is not about the presents, but I do SO love giving presents to the people I care about.  Things will work out somehow, I know they will.  My eternal "genki-ness" will prevail, you'll see!  carol
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Mmmmm...sounds delicious, Genki!! I love fudge and my favorite is Peanut Butter Fudge!!

I do like peanut butter anything. Big smile

I made some brownies today. No wonder people gain weight during the holidays, with all the candy and baked goods floating around. It's hard to resist all that yumminess.
    And if I'm in a hurry, it's easier to grab a cookie than make a healthy sandwich. Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:33 am