Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:20 pm

This poor thread has been languishing since Wednesday????

We can't have that. 

Shall we talk cookies? Or Cuba? Or games? Or critters?

What's up with all of you?! 

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 4 Interview
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Things are just so hectic at this time of year! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiGc4YxIJ3g1Schsv5us9HCaS96YqGoWcGut8P5QyPTleHsuBwSA I haven't been able to play any games for the past few days, even!

So speaking of games and presents, anyone (who's interested) who doesn't have FaeVerse Alchemy and/or Faerie Solitaire yet? Whistle
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:22 pm

I know I haven't had time to play anything for a while. That should change soon, and I hope to be in a game-playing-zone for a few hours quite soon!

Are you getting excited for the holidays in your new house, Genki?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:21 pm

"Languishing since Wednesday" Laugh heck, what day is today? I don't even know anymore. Huh?

I need to quit doing this "last minute" crap. It's exhausting. Sweat drop

I'm still not done and have to fight the crowds tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

It took me over a week to finish Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment and it was a very good game!
    I started Fear For Sale: 13 Keys (or whatever it's called) though I haven't been able to play much.

And...has anyone heard from RMom lately? I'm worried about her.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:46 am

No worries, DJ. I'm still plugging along on Tin Soldier. I've been at it for over a week. It's not the game; it's me. LOL

I should be better soon though. I'm on break now and though I have stuff to do, I've promised myself that I need to do some relaxing or I'll collapse. I'm right at that point this year for some reason. Very overwhelmed. 

I haven't heard or seen Rmom in a while either... and haven't seen Jeannie in ages. Hopefully they will find their way back at some point. 

How close to "done" are you DJ? All I need to do now is grocery shop. Though I'll probably think of a million other things I thin I should do too. That's where I go bonkers. Gotta stop thinking! LOL
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 am

genkicoll wrote:Ah yes, chocolate!  Chocolate num   I am drowning in chocolate imatruffle and what a way to go!  My brother made 6 (count 'em, SIX!!) kinds of fudge and brought over quite a bit of all six kinds just for myself and sis (co-worker).  There's the white chocolate cinnamon (OMG, it's FANTASTIC!) and white chocolate with lemon and lavender (also fantastic).  Well hell, they're ALL fantastic! Laugh  The "regular" fudges are rum, mint-amaretto, toffee (has Heath toffee bits in it), and finally, raspberry-orange.  Now I'm not a fan of raspberry and chocolate together, but with the orange, it really works!

Next week I'll be making MY fudges, but I'm going to go simple and just make two this year:  Pecan and peppermint (has crushed candy canes in it.) YES 

Not sure how I missed the middle part about the raspberry/orange fudge, but now I want some! It sounds heavenly!

Does your brother ever share his recipe? 

YUMMY!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:59 am

Oh ladies! You really need to be sending me a Care Package to the Never Never, where we don't make fudge, or eat it, as a rule, but you've given me a craving for it something shocking  ...
    snowplay ME TOO PLEASE! snowplay

BTW, we had bushfire warnings and alarms all day yesterday - strong winds and 32C!

Today, I am back into jumpers!  c-cold
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:33 am

djrum wrote:And...has anyone heard from RMom lately? I'm worried about her.
    Hi everybody!!
    Wow, coincidence - just opened this thread to see what's been happening and read this, Dj. No worries, I'm okay!
    I haven't been here, I haven't been playing games or reading books. I've gained weight, I've been... blah. Sigh

There's been a ton of drama at my preschool (doesn't that sound like a cheesy game or book title?) Seriously, though - new incompetent director, school board coverup, jealous teachers, unfounded accusations, malicious gossip. Mean, mean, mean! None of it directed towards me but towards my poor co-teacher, who was made so miserable that she got fed up and resigned (even though she really needs the job and $$). And she'd done nothing wrong!
    For months I've had no break from this crap because I'd come home to a stream of phone calls, emails, texts...   sosad
    Thank god, at the 11th hour a replacement teacher was found and I'm so relieved!!! I really like her and think she'll work out great but omg the toxic environment at work has been a total $%&@# downer, mind my pseudo French.

Anyway, my winter break is almost here and I finally feel I can get back to normal a bit. Sorry for my longwinded vent - I hope everyone here's been great and enjoying their holiday season! I hope to catch up as best I can. Smile

Have I missed any good games?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:39 am

Isn't work stress that spills over into everything else just the worst? You can't even escape it at home. It's been a drama-filled school year for me too, so you have my sympathy.  Sigh It stinks. 

BTW, vent away. We all do. This is the D&E thread after all! LOL

Last edited by Esme on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:40 am

Today, I am back into jumpers!  c-cold

I've been in them for a month, but then, I live in Michigan and it's December.  Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:42 am

Are you implying, esme, that we're all a bit scary in this thread? OH!

I resent that! meh

We're WAY scary here! Belly laugh Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 am

What a relief, good to see you, RMom! Elk grin And like Esme says, feel free to vent away. This is the place to let it all hang out, well, you know what I mean! Big smile

Wow, RMom, you've really got some malicious drama going on at your workplace. I hope everything turns out okay though I feel sorry for your friend who had to resign. That just sucks.

Esme, my sister called this morning and we're braving the crowds together. Elk grin We both have some last minute shopping to do. We will turn this into a FUN day!!
    I refuse to go back to the grocery store until this madness is over. Gee, I hope I have the baking supplies I need. OH! I'm not baking much, but I have to make Hubs his chocolate cream pie for his birthday.
    And, no, I can't use chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. Cry Everything's from scratch and let me tell ya, it's a PITA! I have NOT figured out the trick for a non-weeping meringue. Mine cries all over the place. Laugh

I love fudge, but I never make it. That "hard ball, soft ball" stuff is totally undo-able for me. My fudge is either so hard I could use it as rocks or so soft I have to freeze it. Rolling Eyes

Well, better get my battle gear on and bring it! Laugh

Oh, it's very cold here today and I seen some flurry activity.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:36 am

I think non-weeping meringue is a hoax dreamed up by the Secret Baker's Society to make us all feel insecure and therefore buy our meringues instead of making them. 

I know about hubbies and their baking cravings too. I had to make my hub's grandmother's brownie cookies for him a few weeks ago. PITA too, but he was happy. Though they are never "quite right" apparently. LOL

Have fun with Sis!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:45 am

Still playing Tin Soldier too, and it's cute, but again... I have my issues with it. I'm having a hard time working up the proper amount of fear for the trolls. I can't help but think that a well-placed kick or two would solve my problem much more efficiently. I mean, they are dressed in Christmas packages! A few troll field goals, and I'm home free! 

Present Present Present
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:46 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Are you implying, esme, that we're all a bit scary in this thread? OH!

I resent that! meh

We're WAY scary here! Belly laugh Belly laugh
    That's why I love it!  Okay
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:28 am

djrum wrote:What a relief, good to see you, RMom! Elk grin And like Esme says, feel free to vent away. This is the place to let it all hang out, well, you know what I mean! Big smile

Wow, RMom, you've really got some malicious drama going on at your workplace. I hope everything turns out okay though I feel sorry for your friend who had to resign. That just sucks.

Esme, my sister called this morning and we're braving the crowds together. Elk grin We both have some last minute shopping to do. We will turn this into a FUN day!!
    Do you know what's sad here? And maybe the same is true by you guys. The stores are EMPTY. Maybe not the supermarkets per se, but even then they're not long lines. But every store I've been into has not lines at all. I'm assuming people are buying online, but I wonder how the retail shops are doing, or surviving.

What is this Tin Soldier game?

Last edited by RenaissanceMom on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : take up less space)
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:39 am

You're probably right Rmom. I did a lot of shopping online this year. I worked retail for far too long, and have a dread of stores at holiday times as a result. Plus it's more convenient. But I think you are right and it's becoming increasingly tough for brick and mortar stores because of online shopping. 

Tin Soldier is Elephant's Christmas game. It is neither dark, nor eerie. It's comfortingly holiday-ish, and that's okay by me. Though seriously, I just want to punt the trolls out of my way and get on with it. LOL  Embarrassed
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:55 am

I feel like I've just come out of the wilderness and returned to civilization! I did all my xmas shopping online, from home! Including all my groceries! And got it all delivered by a lovely youngster who helped me to make sure I had everything I'd ordered before he left.  Wub

This may not astonish you, or set your heart afire, but for me, it is a major step forward civilization. Here, we have one supermarket, and they refuse to deliver unless you are a "bona fides" senior. Same problem with the local Community Care people. Even though, as a disabled person, I am at least technically, entitled to help with my shopping. It only came up in an argument with them that I found out that Woolworths online, deliver up here - (50km away from the nearest store!) For less than it was costing me to have a "helper" with me who always found things to resent. I never would have expected that!  We\'re Unworthy!

A little Christmas present come early for me! YayPresents
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 pm

I love online shopping, and only wish the stores around here offered online grocery shopping. That is my least favorite chore of all time. I'd rather scrub toilets.  Yeah right

Also did my part for the local economy today. Or, Santa did anyway. 

Santa just picked me up a pair of jeans with "Butt Lift Technology" which seems like a lot to ask of a $20 pair of jeans from T.J. Maxx, but I'm hopeful there's a Christmas Miracle in my future!

Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:44 am

LMAO, Esme! Let me know if the "Butt Lift Technology" on them jeans works. Laugh

I do like to shop online, though my problem was starting my shopping too late. The "extra" you have to pay for "before" Christmas delivery is ridiculous, with that cost being more than the price of the gift.

Our retail stores are as crowded as ever. Full parking lots, long lines, as usual.

Esme, I believe you're right about the meringue. I've tried every tip I've ever read about meringue and it's never worked. Hubs is used to my weepy meringue and has not once
    complained. Wub
    jboliver1999

Post by jboliver1999 Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 am

Has anyone tried beating in a small amount of cornstarch to their meringue to stabilize it and keep it from weeping? I just saw that tip in one of my recipe books.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 am

Things are hectic here, no time to get caught up, but I see that Rmom is posting (yay) and I saw Jeanniemouse over at DBP -- I think she's too embarrassed about her absence to pop by (silly girl!)

By the way I have a code for 60% off any game (including CE's) that expires on Dec. 31st if anyone wants it. Smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 am

Like I said, it's a LOT to ask of a simple pair of jeans. Bless them! 

Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh

Doing the final grocery haul on Monday, then we should be done. Can't wait.

Finished the main game of Tin Soldier. It was okay. I want something creepy though. Have any of you tried the new Haunted Hotel one?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:08 am

jboliver1999 wrote:Has anyone tried beating in a small amount of cornstarch to their meringue to stabilize it and keep it from weeping? I just saw that tip in one of my recipe books.

I have not, but I also haven't made meringue in ages. Might have to give it a shot! Evil Grin
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:11 am

I am impressed that we have meringue makers here. Seriously, that stuff intimidates me.
    OTOH I make a fabulous 2-ingredient Nutella brownie that's so good I'll never make the traditional kind...not that I make brownies much but, you know. Wink Got the recipe off the internet and it's so simple, easy and yum!

ETA - Hi Genki, how's the new house??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm