Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:44 am

sunshinej wrote:I just wanted to ask everyone if your Game Manager still tells you what games have a update.  Mine used to tell me what games had a update and now it doesn't.  Is it a problem with just my GM or for everyone?

I  thought of you cause right now my GM  is doing an update on the new Danse Macbre.   I saw the
    little swirly next to it, so I clicked on it and now it is working.

dj---yes,  our techie skills  are pretty much at the same level as using tin cans to communicate,
    aren't they?      Laugh

I am going to play the demo of the new Small Town Terrors now.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:28 am

Esme wrote:I've been going along pretty well in this game. It's actually not too bad... there's a story line and everything. I was happy.

Until now.

It just did the stupidest, most inane thing in the world. One that is, sadly, not uncommon in these games. Lady Vampire Leia Buns just set the abbey on fire with me in it. So what do I do? You know, other than getting the heck out of a burning building, I mean. I stop to pick up planks and play a few HO scenes and work on someone's butterfly collection. I gaze out the window at the dude who helped start the fire as HE runs away. At least the villain's helper is smart enough to get as far away from a burning building as quickly as he can. 

My character? Not so much. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Loosing_it

UGH! 

UGH!

UGH!!!!!!

I finished the Small Town Terrors demo and I do like it.  So,   I am playing my Vampire Legends
    game (I have quite a few games started and not finished.    When it comes to games,   I am
    like a puppy with Attention Deficit Disorder!)

I got to this part and all I could think of was this post.    Big smile     I cannot find the last plank
    that I need to shore up the roof to the burning building--- Huh? ---  
    These games should be used as instructions on what NOT to do...other than get a good laugh!

esme--- for those of you who have not played this intriguing game,  I do not want
    to ruin the surprise,  I will put this question in a spoiler:

a hopeful rant answer to a question about "logic"  of game:
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 am

I also noticed the update on Danse Macabre.

I've partially demo'd Small Town Terrors: Galdor's Bluff, seems to be fairly easy (I did demo on the Easy setting). Laugh I'm worried it may be a short game and sorta not worth the CE price because I found almost half of the morphing crystal balls in the time I demo'd. 
    But, there is a BOGO sale....

I have to ask, what in the heck's happened to this series? SMT: Livingston was a very good, creepy SE game. (IIRC, it was never a CE)
    SMT: Pilgrim's Hook was good, also, though not as good as Livingston, IMO. (It was a CE first)

Oh well, I reckon it's par for the course. I did the beta for the new Redemption Cemetery. I thought it was kind of similar to the original game in the way the storyline was presented.
    Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Ravens (the first game) was a fine game. I loved it!

Better go do some more demo'ing. I noticed I haven't demo'd the new Witches' Legacy game yet. I think it's because I'm tired of that imp, although his performance in Charleston Curse was certainly noteworthy.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:02 am

djrum wrote:Same here, luvtoread, it's sooo coooold. At 6:30 this morning the temp was 5 degrees. At 7:30 the temp was 0 degrees. Now, it's 2 degrees. Stars

We ended up with a total of 15 inches of snow which was a record-breaker for this date.
    Whoopee... Rolling Eyes

I heard we may get up to 60 degrees Thursday! Happy bounce

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, luvtoread. You are doing the same thing I would be doing since I'm not a techie. Just wait and maybe it'll straighten itself out. Laugh

Our low tech ways work. I was just able to finish my work with Det. Dreamy Eyes and now I will
    go on to the Bonus. Clap
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:44 am

WTG, luvtoread! Two thumbs up

I think I'm going to get Witches' Legacy: Tiresome Imp. I really like those HO scenes.
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Hey guys  Smile 

Has anyone tried the new Danse Macabre game Deadly Deception?  Is it any good? 

Any other games you lot can recommend? 
    I really need a good game right now, and there's a 2 For 1 deal at BFG this weekend.  Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:39 pm

I have it dl/d but have not played. I have pretty much decided to buy it as I have the
    previous ones. I think I will try it now.
    Have you tried the new Redemption Cemetary or Small Town Terrors?
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Haven't tried either of those, although I loved the previous Small Town Terror games  Smile

And yeah, the other Danse Macabres have been AMAZING!  I'll probably buy this new one, anyway  Elk grin
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour, folks!

*grumbles* Frickin' time change... dirtywords
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi everybody!

Sorry I haven't been around much (if anyone had noticed, that is! LOL). Life has been just too insane for my happiness. My hub's mother was in CICU for two weeks, and his sister told him he might want to come visit before it was too late, so he's out of state for 2.5 weeks. MIL seems to be doing better, but can never live on her own again, so that's a lot for him to deal with. Back on the home-front, our boy dog has gotten bad news from the vet. He's probably got cancer even though the x-rays and blood work don't show it. He's lost over 10% of his body weight and has just been sick, so I've been dealing with multiple vet trips (and vet bills) while my husband is OOT. He's doing a bit better, but getting him to eat and take his meds is a daily circus because his fur-sister would gladly eat all her food and his food too. For now, we're managing his symptoms and trying to make him comfy and get him to EAT! So I'm corralling dogs and fending off other dogs while trying to work full time and do two days of parent-teacher conferences and administering the ACT/state test to our juniors.  faints

I finished whatever I was playing... the Art of Deception one. All I can say is that I hope that Amy and Felix never have children, because they are as dumb as a box of doorknobs. 

Right now I'm playing Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle when I have time. It's not bad, though the storyline is far from original. Ancient family curse. Forbidden love. General ghostliness and shenanigans abound. I can dig it. 

Hope you all are well, happy, and living as stress-free as possible!  Ohm
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Oh, Esme.  Hug  that's from me to you, and that's a big kiss from Dog to your Boy.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Th?id=HN.608029934951926290&pid=15 she's wishing him the best, and likes this random internet picture most.

edit HELP Genki!  why doesn't my little picture show up as a picture in the post?  It does in the editor box?

Last edited by pippi on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I cannot copy and paste pictures.)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:46 pm

I see a picture of two dogs -- do you not see it?

Esme, you poor thing! I hope that life calms down for you SOON! Hug  Hang in there (and of course we noticed your absence!)
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes, after I edited the post, the picture showed up just fine.  Apparently all I needed to do was call upon your magic and it was fixed.  (The first time I posted the photo did not show up for some reason.)  Thanks.

Esme, we're thinking about you.  You've definitely been missed.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:26 am

Oh my goodness, Esme. That's a lot of stress you're managing right now. I really hope things settle down for you and your hubs soon. Hug
    My hub's mother is in the Transitional Care Unit at an assisted care facility. We don't know for how long. She doesn't want to cooperate with the physical therapists and refuses the therapy because it's too painful.

And your furbaby struggles is breaking my heart. I hope he starts eating and gets to feeling better quickly.

Y'all need some huge hugs... ((((((Esme and Family)))))) Hug

Of course I missed you!   
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:26 pm

esme---that is just a lot on your plate (I know, understatement of the month!)

Yes, we do miss you when your gone for awhile. I am so sorry about your dog.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 pm

I am replaying Weird Park: Scary Tales and I'd forgotten just how good this game is!! I'd also forgotten how much stuff we have to do in it and how many different areas there are.
    It's such a well-designed game. I say that because, you know how you lift a lid off of an object...a pot, a teakettle, a crate...generally being our nosy selves? And you didn't accomplish anything.
    So, you have to back out of the scene, find something else to do and when you get back to that same scene, the lids are still off.

Those little things simply amaze me!!! (yeah, I know, I'm a dork!) Big smile

The CEs this week are (if all goes well):
    Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor
    PuppetShow #157 (just kidding) Laugh It's PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks, everybody! 

It's been a long haul, and it's not over yet, but today I took a sick day just for myself and have been resting and trying to renew myself for a while. 

My MIL is still a crabby old so-and-so who doesn't seem to appreciate her son coming across the country to see her. Both of us will be glad when he comes home next week. My boy dog, Bubba,  is on some new meds, so I'm working on keeping him feeling-pain free and getting him to eat. He wants to eat, but Penny, my problem-child dog, keeps trying to snatch his food from his bowl. She's about to get put outside while he eats since it's finally staying above freezing here for a bit. I know he's never going to "get better" but we are in the management stage of his illness, and I hope we can manage it for a good, long time. 

I finished the Spirit of Revenge game, which was okay. Didn't do the bonus section since I didn't care about the characters. I did pick up the odd little SE game from yesterday Beyond the Invisible: Evening. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles- morphing objects, achievements, crap you have to collect, etc... it's just a basic game with dark artwork and a creepy-ish story line. There's a "helper" but so far I think I've only needed him about three times, so he's not invasive. Overall, it's not bad. I like that I can just use the map to jump locations, and since it's a SE, there's no Strategy Guide, but the map helpfully puts a big, yellow exclamation point wherever I'm supposed to do something, so it all works out. I think it's a new developer, and most likely not from the US, since there are a few grammar "quirks" but I'll forgive that because it's different and a change of pace that I'm fairly enjoying. 

Hope I didn't bum you all out with my post earlier. I just had a lot going on and sort of vented all over you all. Sorry about that! 
    Oops!

Oh, and a new Puppetshow game, DJ? What a shock.  Yeah right
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 pm

pippi wrote:Oh, Esme.  Hug  that's from me to you, and that's a big kiss from Dog to your Boy.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Th?id=HN.608029934951926290&pid=15 she's wishing him the best, and likes this random internet picture most.

edit HELP Genki!  why doesn't my little picture show up as a picture in the post?  It does in the editor box?

I love bully breed doggies!  Wub
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:47 pm

I didn't see any "sorry" smilies on the list, so here are some I found to share with you all!
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 SorryDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Smiley_emoticons_sorryDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Kitten-sorry-smiley-emoticonDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Group-hugDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Cute-kitten-sorry-smiley-emoticon

And this...

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 1404680811696
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 pm

How can you not love that cute face??

I've noticed there have been a couple of gems in games.    The one you  mentioned
    Beyond the Invisible   and  The Big Secret of a Small Town.    I think there is another
    but I do not remember right now.

Its good to have some nice little games to play.

I think I did a beta of Puppetshow #157, cause I remember I actually liked it.
    So, I must have beta'd it, right?

I think I need to go to sleep. G\'night!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:38 pm

It wasn't bad at all. Not a super long game, but for me some of the games have been a little too long. They feel tedious after a while. I was happy with pretty much everything about the game. 

Sweet dreams!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Esme, I'm glad things are going a little smoother for you. It's a good thing to chill out every once in awhile. Big smile  

I also got Beyond the Invisible. I'm waiting for the weekend cause I'd like to get Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor.

I had a chance to beta Dark Parables: Queen of Sands and starting it with an open mind, I really enjoyed what I played.
    I rated it "slightly better" only because I love, love, love Blue Tea and, IMO, no one will ever do a Dark Parables game better than them.
    But I love Eipix, also, so I've accepted it and am going with the flow of things I cannot change. Big smile

I'm looking forward to PuppetShow #157, luvtoread, since you liked it. I do like most of the PuppetShows, however many there are.

Awww...the "sorry" smileys are so cute and that puppy is absolutely adorable!  Wub
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 pm

sorry added to the main smilies section~ :D
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks, Genki!

I would've spelled it "smilies" but my spell-checker (or whatever it is) kept underlining it. Huh?

My spell-checker goes crazy in here!! Laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 20 Shakes10
    All of these, esme?

I studied Shakespeare at uni and had no idea about most of these!  OH!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 pm