Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

djrum
    djrum

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by djrum Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:31 pm

Oh yes, that's it, thank you, luvtoread!

It's either that one or the new Twilight Phenomena (the ERS game). Or else I'll really have to look and see if I can find something else.

Here again, I thought I had more time before the end of the month. OH!

Maybe we'll get a good TGT tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. The pickins have been mighty slim at the beginning of the week, lately, for a good SE HOG.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:29 pm

luvtoread wrote:Yes...but the  CE's  are on sale!!  So, if you wait till tomorrow,  unless you can do it before
    5 a.m.   (did they ever fix that?)   you will have to pay full price for OTR.

The sale is the only reason I am thinking about EAP and Det. Dreamy Eyes.

Nope, they never fixed that. You can still get any game on Monday using the code from Sunday. In fact, there are "super codes" which work days or weeks after a sale. 

A friend of mine keeps a list of when a code is still useful. One thing I've noticed, though, I don't think you get the bonus punch for it - if I remember correctly.

When I'm talking again, I'll try to find out.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:12 am

Good to see you, Justie, and thanks for the info! Big smile  

I managed to demo more of Nightfall Mysteries 4 and decided to get it. I've enjoyed all of the previous games in the series.
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 am

I just wanted to ask everyone if your Game Manager still tells you what games have a update.  Mine used to tell me what games had a update and now it doesn't.  Is it a problem with just my GM or for everyone?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Mine still gives me updates to download sunshine
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:14 pm

sunshinej wrote:I just wanted to ask everyone if your Game Manager still tells you what games have a update.  Mine used to tell me what games had a update and now it doesn't.  Is it a problem with just my GM or for everyone?

Maybe there are no games that need updating?    I haven't seen any updates either,  but
    that doesn't mean much to me cause they didn't care to bother to fix Vampire Legends:
     Elizabeth whatshername and not having had any major issues with any other games,
     I never thought about it.

Ok,   that was my long answer.   Short answer is no.     Laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Hey there, sunshinej! Big smile

I had an update on an Eipix game either last week or week before. Must've been one I just played recently because it's not there anymore.

This week will be Jessica's last doing the playlist. She's moving to a different position at BFG.
    The two CEs due out this week are (provided they don't run into any problems),
    Witches Legacy: Slumbering Darkness (CE)
    Dance Macabre: Deadly Deception (CE)
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:37 am

Okay, thanks y'all.  It must be a problem with my GM.  I was playing a game (forgot the name of it now) and ran into a glitch.  I checked the forum and saw that there was a update that fixed the problem I was experiencing, so I deleted the game and downloaded the updated version and was able to finish it with no problems.  Also, I was into playing Awakening Kingdom F2P and quit for a bit and after about 3 months I tried to go back in and couldn't access the game.  It would just quit and said that I needed to do a update from the GM.  That's when I realize that my GM didn't show me any types of updates at all.

luvtoread...If you mean Vampire Legends:  The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE.  There was a update on January 9th that fixed the issue with the organ mini game.  Assuming that was what was wrong with your game.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:02 pm

No, mine was a potion glitch, where the flask disappeared. And I was reading on the forums
    where some had lost objects also which prevented them from moving on.
    But, that still doesn't mean the GM is working. I wonder, do you have to delete it and
    then redownload it?
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:50 am

luvtoread wrote: No,   mine was a potion glitch,   where the flask disappeared.  And I was reading on the forums
    where some had lost  objects also which prevented them from moving on.
    But,   that still doesn't mean the GM is  working.    I wonder,  do you have to delete it and
    then redownload it?

Oh, I see.  The update didn't benefit you then.  That's too bad.

I did email CS about my GM not showing me any game updates and that is what they told me to do.  Delete the GM and redownload it.  I did that and it still not showing me any games that need updated. Sigh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:12 am

I took advantage of the sale yesterday and bought Det. Dreamy Eyes CE.

The temperature is suppose to go up this weekend--30 Degrees Above 0, not
    below-- so I may actually get out of the house this weekend, Happy bounce
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 am

Isn't it wonderful, luvtoread? Big smile Our temp is supposed to be the same as yours! I sure hope it melts some of this snow and ice, especially the ice. I'm tired of trying to walk on it...in it...whatever.
    On President's Day, we got around 6-8 in. of snow. Temps didn't get high enough to melt it. School was out the whole week. On Sat. we got ice before another 4 in. of heavy snowfall. Walking is darned near treacherous.

I have finished Frankenstein: Master of Death. Not a bad game at all.
    ***Beware of a reanimated animal scene***
    The storyline was easy to follow. The gameplay was pretty simple, nothing flashy. The cut-scene graphics were very good.
    HOs were interactive (with no helpful hand). I did have a little trouble clicking objects at the top of my screen with my inventory locked because it also locked the map indicator at the top of my screen. Some of my objects were behind it. Unlocking the inventory solved that nuisance.
    It might've only occurred on my laptop because I don't have a huge screen.

I ran into a glitch(?) in one of the HO scenes. I had to "jump" colors from one side to the other placing them in the correct spots (you know, the kind of mini-game we've seen a thousand times and I actually like them!).
    One of my "balls" wouldn't move no matter where I clicked and I clicked everywhere on it, around it, the other balls surrounding it, it just would not move. The only thing I could think of to do was skip it. (I tried backing out of it a few times and it didn't work)
    So, it may've been a glitch, but it's not a game-stopping one. (Even though I hate to use the skip button)

Other than those minor problems, I enjoyed the game. If there ever is a part 2, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Big smile

Edited: I changed "reincarnated" to "reanimated" in my warning as the story deals more with reanimation rather than reincarnation, IMO and MO only.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:15 am

Hey Luvto and DJ ... where I live they consistently cancel our snow forecasts because it is too cold to snow.  I haven't seen Zero Degrees in almost a month.  Today, it is 5F and I thought it was downright muggy when I walked to a friend's house earlier.  I really wish we had some snow, it's really cut into my skiing this winter.  Big smile Buried-in-snow Snowball
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Wow, I feel so spoiled!  This has been the warmest December-January-February I can ever remember having here.  We're only rarely dipping below 32 (freezing point), and are having highs up to the mid-60's! OH!  These are springtime temps!  The flowers and trees, etc, are already starting to bloom!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Zero? What's zero?! My freezer doesn't see zero! Elk grin Belly laugh

Last night it rained and that has put everyone in a good mood (only in Aus Rolling Eyes ), and able to enjoy the beautiful bright sunny day we are having here now. No clouds in the sky, the lightest of cool breezes, everything looking clean and fresh from the wash, and greener already from the sudden burst of new growth in the bush (yup, the plant life really is that quick at grabbing every drop of water it gets). There's even the odd cheeping of a bird or two. They don't start making the daily cacophony until late afternoon (it's 2pm here now) - then they sound like a recording I used to buy to get bird song ambiance for deep relaxation.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 am

And now, an hour after sunset, the rain has come again to feed those glorious plants, and cool the air enough for sleep! I am in heaven. Happy bounce 

There are parts of Australia where this is the normal year-round weather, and perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life is that I will not be retiring there. Unless someone wins lotto (I don't gamble myself) and leaves it to me in their will!  Evil Grin
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Zero? What's zero?! My freezer doesn't see zero! Elk grin Belly laugh

I have a refrigerator / freezer in my garage.  Sure, in the summer it collects the vegetables I store for winter.  But in the winter, it keeps things warm for me.  Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 pm

We've had a below average temperature winter season and I'm sick of these 0 to -0 degree nights! Man, this weather is a PITA.

Speaking of PITAs, I am now playing MCF: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove (SE) and those super puzzles are crazy! I haven't worked one on my own...yet! I've had to use the Puzzle Hint every single time. Rolling Eyes
    I can start a puzzle, but all focused thought soon fades away and I'm staring at my screen wondering what to do next.
    My mind cannot grasp the "next step" and these puzzles make absolutely no sense to me at all.

The logical thing would be, for instance - to solve Part 1 with a tiny, little clue which would lead to Part 2. Again, a clue would be helpful to get to Part 3, and so forth.

I just plain don't like them! meh

It is nice to see some of the locations that were in the original Dire Grove. But, I do have a question. Were there morphing objects in the CE?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Has anyone heard from orphaned lately? I haven't seen her here for a few days now and she hasn't posted anything recently.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Yes, she's around. Just "knuckling under" for the moment. She'll be pleased to know you cared.  Hug
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Thank you for letting me know, Justie.

Well, we have been hit by the huge snowstorm. It rained all last night and today. The temp went down and now it's snowing like crazy. Sigh A predicted 8 - 12 inches of snow through tomorrow with temperatures plummeting to 0 degrees tomorrow night.

The only good thing is...the rain finally melted all the snow and ice from the previous snowstorm except for the gigantic mounds of plowed snow.

I don't even feel like playing any games. Cry
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:49 pm

The rain melted the snowBuried-in-snow

Man, you guys have serious weather issues! How do you stand living in it at all. I mean, it all looks very pretty and everything, but ice-cold rain is warm by comparison - I'm outa there!!  \'s windy faint dead away
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:07 am

Yes, Justie, we do have serious weather issues. I'm looking at 14+ inches of snow right now...and it is still snowing, thanks to Thor. meh

Actually, it's very unusual for us to get this amount of snow. But since the jet stream's shifted, the result is we've got a wacky weather pattern going on in all seasons.

lol, I don't like it one bit. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. >sad face<
    Maybe relocate, DH and I are too old to do that. Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:22 am

Yup--rain melts snow---then comes the flooding.

But, right now it is soooo cooollllddddd, c-cold that melting is not happening.
    Right now the weather is on (5:11 a.m. right now). Warming trend is coming..
    ..30's into the 40's by next week.

dj--those Puzzles were definitely hard. I believe there were collectables in that game,
    but I do not remember what they were.

I was playing with Det. Dreamy Eyes (AKA EAP: Marie Roget) but I have run into a
    problem the last 2 times I played. The Screen went totally black. Not sure why.
    So, I have been playing other games and just will play it in small stages. It lets me
    play for about 5 minutes before the black screen happens. Rather disappointing as I am
    close to the end and would like to play the Bonus.
    I would put it in the tech thread, but that usually leads nowhere.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:16 am

Same here, luvtoread, it's sooo coooold. At 6:30 this morning the temp was 5 degrees. At 7:30 the temp was 0 degrees. Now, it's 2 degrees. Stars

We ended up with a total of 15 inches of snow which was a record-breaker for this date.
    Whoopee... Rolling Eyes

I heard we may get up to 60 degrees Thursday! Happy bounce

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, luvtoread. You are doing the same thing I would be doing since I'm not a techie. Just wait and maybe it'll straighten itself out. Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:00 am