Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+16
Critteranne
jboliver1999
jessmom01
tesamoine
pippi
Butterflyshrimp
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
BloomingLilac
orphaned
luvtoread
kac
djrum
Esme
genkicoll
marianne
20 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 am

He looks so good in this game! Much better than in the last couple of Dark Tales! and you can click on him and just look at him as long and as often as you like, rummage around in his very messy house - bachelors!  Rolling Eyes And decorate the new office you share with him!  Big smile 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:38 am

Stop it, JustTheFacts! You're making me want to try the game!  Big smile 

I will say, he does look gorgeous in the screenshot, more so than in the Dark Tales games.

I may have to break down & try it!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:49 am

It is addictive, but as with Midnight Castle, which is also very good for its type, it is very simplistic and repetitive. I got an award for my first 100 HOPs, spread out across only a dozen scenes! So, you go over and over and over the same scenes, with some variation - there's one in the dark, one where your time is speeded up, spot the difference, silhouettes and words. All in the same scene, something different each time you go back there. But you do run out of 'energy' very fast, and it hardly worth bothering to go there more than once a day.

Midnight Castle has it beat in this last one, because you can return after just half an hour and do the scenes again. But there are only 6 and they are not varied except in the list of items to find. Both get frustrating. Of these games, these are the only two I would ever play.

And World Mosaics Chroma - but it is hard for me. I have yet to get past the first level, because I want to get all gold stars and can't! lol
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Esme wrote:Good for you, Justie!

I am one of the few who hasn't had such amazing experiences with the BF customer service folks, but I'm so glad you did!

I seriously think I'm going to skip the bonus for the clock game. I just don't care about the old coot and his problems. Maybe if he'd been nicer to me on the island.... lol 

Belly laugh

The old coot isn't in the Bonus.....the Bonus had me     Stars 
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Well done, Justie!  Clap  I got screwed over months ago with BF F2P download incentive, but if it had been more recent I think I would've done the same as you.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:59 am

Hello. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a CE while they're on sale. I really like the Dana Knightstone series, but I've only played Death Under Tuscan Skies and Death at Fairing Point. I'm leaning toward Death at Cape Porto. Death Upon an Austrian Sonata has quite a few more reviews, and I've played the demo. I enjoyed it (especially because I love snowy themes), but I was burned out on H0 games at the time. So, if you've played either of these, which one did you prefer?

I've downloaded the latest Awakening game, too. Did any of you play it? The bonus flower game sounds interesting. I suppose I could find a video to see what it's all about. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:41 am

Hi,  BloomingLilac.    Good to hear from you again.

I have all the Awakening Games.  Surprised how much I enjoyed them.   I cannot remember
    the bonus flower game,  but I might have just not noticed.   I do remember doing a flower
    "puzzle"  in the game.  Maybe its just the same in the Bonus?
    This latest one should be the last one as it does wrap up the story.

The Dana Knightstone  I cannot help you with.   Sorry.

Right now I am playing 2 LF games.  Grey Matter   (there is a thread for that here)
    and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes   (there is a Group Game Play for that over
    at Challengers).     I bought the SH one ages ago,  really enjoying it.
    So,   I am a happy gamer.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:04 am

luvtoread wrote:Hi,  BloomingLilac.    Good to hear from you again.

I have all the Awakening Games.  Surprised how much I enjoyed them.   I cannot remember
    the bonus flower game,  but I might have just not noticed.   I do remember doing a flower
    "puzzle"  in the game.  Maybe its just the same in the Bonus?
    This latest one should be the last one as it does wrap up the story.

The Dana Knightstone  I cannot help you with.   Sorry.

Right now I am playing 2 LF games.  Grey Matter   (there is a thread for that here)
    and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes   (there is a Group Game Play for that over
    at Challengers).     I bought the SH one ages ago,  really enjoying it.
    So,   I am a happy gamer.

Thanks, luv. Good to see you, too!

It says that in the bonus game, you create seeds and grow unique flowers. Do you have the CE?

Awakening: The Redleaf Forest Collector's Edition

I have access to the LF games you mentioned on GameTap. In fact, I started SH. What I played was interesting, but I had to look at a walkthrough for the puzzle at the bishop's residence. I believe it was a safe. That priest was giving SH a hard time about going through the bishop's possessions. That's where I saved my game. I don't have much patience for puzzles. It just depends on the type, I guess. Let me know if it turns out to be a really good game as I might want to go ahead and finish it.  Sherlock
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:22 am

Sending you a pm.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:53 pm

My goodness.....where is everyone?    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 22 B4

No rant from esme,   rollingpin    no Reviews from JTF     Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 22 49

dj,   pippi,     did everyone get sucked in by a black fog portal other-world mirror and are being
    transformed??     
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 22 166

I know Genki has had her hands full moving,   I hope everyone else is healthy.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi, luv. I hope everyone's enjoying the weekend and all is well for them. How are you? I've been busy playing games when I'm not dealing with real world issues. Today's been a bit rough. I have arthritis in my lower back, and I'm barely able to walk upright. Of course, I sit down and play games when it starts to hurt quite a bit, which I think is actually making it worse. Hopefully I can go to the chiropractor for therapy on Monday. It always helps to have the muscles stimulated. For now, BioFreeze and Tylenol will have to do. Have a good weekend.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Aww, Lilac, that sounds awful!  Have you tried hot soaks in the tub?  It usually helps to relax the muscles nicely.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi. Yeah, I soak a lot because it helps my Fibromyalgia pain. I pulled my back out in the same spot I have the arthritis. Not fun. It probably happened when I took my dogs to the vet for their rabies shots.  I've lifted them several times in the past few days. Thanks for the suggestion, G. I'll probably have a soak in a little while.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 am

Hi luvtoread.

Justie's not reviewing because she can't concentrate enough for even a demo of a HOPA, so no reviews  Cry , quietly not playing Grey Matter, which is really good so far (and hoping the others don't notice).  Oops!   Sigh 

What justie is doing is writing up little descriptions for all her 400 dragons, and drawing up breeding charts for pedigrees I'll probably never create (there's only so much a dragon whisperer can do) and...(too embarrassing to say out loud)
    Spoiler:

Sorry to hear you have fibromyalgia, I hear it is horrible. Luckily for me, it is one of the few (so it feels like on a bad day) chronic conditions I don't have Whistle 

Enjoy your bath!  bath-sing  Snicker 

Hope the arthritis pain is short lived...
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:30 am

Thanks, JTF. How are you? I'm curious about the dragons. Is that a game? I clicked on your link, but I didn't sign up.

Did anyone buy Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle? I liked the CE demo, but I can't decide if I should get it or not. Is the bonus game worth the extra money?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:08 am

Hi   Big smile 

Sorry to read about the health woes.   Especially back pain.  That is one I can relate to,
    but I am fortunate its not as bad as it was in the past.
    BL--really hope you are doing better.   bath-sing 
    I did buy DR:  Silvermoon Isle awhile back during a BOGO sale.  I did play and enjoyed
    the Bonus game,   which,  for me,  is saying something,   as lately they don't hold my
    attention.     

Justie--I have not finished Gray Matter either.    But really do enjoy it when I am playing it.
    I know pippi has been playing,   not sure how far she has gotten.
    How much have you played?
    I hope your concentration improves and you do not have to do the      Embarrassed    Snicker 
    There has actually been a lot of work this summer,  I think it should be slowing down.
    So,  hopefully will play more.
    Cause I keep buying games!!
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 am

Thanks, luv. My joints are just really stiff this weekend. I've been pampering my dogs. They weigh about 25 lbs. That's not very heavy, but I'm not as strong as I once was.

I've got a few hours to decide on DR: Silvermoon Isle.  I might wait for the next CE sale. Thanks for the comments.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:15 am

lilac, I did do the trial for Dead Reckoning and thought it great as well. I haven't bought the CE version, but I will be buying it. Eipix have those special extras that make it worthwhile buying it. The Souvenir Room, where you revisit each location for one item only - love it! And can go back to collect all the collectibles you missed in the game. And once you've completed that, they have some other things for you to do. Repllayable HOs for extra trophies...

And their "making of" videos have become so good, they're almost worth it on their own. The last one I played, was a small little adventure game wrapped around the people at the office. Magic!

The dragons are a cute little adopt-a-pet game that is unbelievably addictive. You just "steal" eggs from dragons in the "cave" and then you must keep them fed (that is something you do once for each dragon, then it is automatic) and they hatch and mature, eventually, into adults.

The process takes about a minute a day to do, and dragons take 5-6 days to mature, and you can enjoy just that or you can become so obsessed you write stories about dragons to fit the ones you have, and mate them to breed with excellent pedigrees or "pretty" lineages (there are 100 or more breeds, so you can choose which ones you want to mate from a big selection). EEK! Belly laugh 

I love giving them their own personalities and building up ways they interact and affect each other's lives. Also. I like being silly!  Silly face Snicker Crazy
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:46 am

Thanks for the info, JTF. I'm gonna hold off on buying new games, I think, but I'll definitely keep DR: Silvermoon Isle in mind for the next sale. I still haven't used my free code from the Midnight Castle promotion.

I'm downloading The Gift from Game Giveaway of the Day. 

I appreciate your comments about the dragons.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:47 am

How odd. My post wouldn't go through with the link to Game Giveaway of the Day. The free game is The Gift.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 am

I too have Fibromyalgia, which is usually well-controlled with a combination of high doses of magnesium and vitamin D.  Will start a topic later, too tired right now Loopy

I'm having the same problem with Giveaway of the Day; the forum won't let me post the link Huh?

As for The Gift, I really enjoyed it.  My review is here.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 am

Hey everybody! I'm still around.  Big smile I had some problems with my phone & internet cutting in & out (which was a HUGE PITA, btw!), but it's fixed now (I'm hoping).

Hi Lilac, hope you're feeling better soon!  Half Flower  I think my best friend is the heating pad.  Huh?  Laugh

I have managed to finish a few games (thank goodness they were already installed). Two SEs that I highly recommend - Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport and Panopticon: Path of Reflections. Both of these games were very good, stand-alone SEs, based on storyline, graphics, HO scenes & puzzles. Thumbs up to both developers for a job well-done!  Two thumbs up  

I'm currently working on the bonus in Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow. I'd read in the Tech thread at BFG to unclick wide-screen for a better graphic picture...and it worked! As far as gameplay, it sucks & I'll be glad to get this one over with! It's definitely not on par with other games from Orneon & I still believe the original team is MIA...somewhere.

I did demo the TGT, Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman (correct title?). I used a PCC to get it cause I really liked the looks of the game...so far.

I hope everyone is doing fine...and hope to see y'all soon!  Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:48 am

For anyone who doesn't have Memoria yet, it's on sale at Steam for $6.79 this week Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:52 pm

I bought Captain Morgane and the something Turtles for $1.???   (Sorry,   very short term
    memory here!)

They have a game in the Week Long Deal.   You get to be a Bus Driver and do your
    route and stay on Schedule and make sure everyone is safe.

I play games to get away from my real life.....not relive it all over!!    nono 

But.....then again.....I could get away with things I cannot in real life..... Evil Grin

dj---so glad you are back    Hug      Drinking buddy       Now you've given me 2 more games
    to check out
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:23 pm

I wish Jeannie would poke her head in and let us know how she's doing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:15 am