Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 15 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by Esme Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I think for me it's an occupational hazard since I take attendance every day. Big smile 

I've never heard of Indie Royale Golden Jubilee.... I'll have to look it up!

How nice that they sent you the goodies to share!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Just follow the link in my post above, Esme Sunny  It will show you everything in the bundle.  No takers yet, so I still have two to give out!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Hello there.  I'm here   Clap    I had the opportunity to do a shuttle and make some extra money.

It was a long day, but not a bad one.     I'll have to check out that bundle.    Then I will probably
    fall asleep   G\'night!   I want to be fresh and alert to tackle some games.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Oh good for you, luvto!  I am always in favor of a little extra moolah! 

I'm glad you're here and hope you get to have some fun with some games tomorrow!

Sweet dreams! G\'night!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 am

I am attempting to play   The Veil of Mystery-Seven Little Gnomes.    I am so stuck it is unbelievable.
    I even enabled the Sparkles to help me out.   I kind of know what it wants,  but nothing in my inventory will let me do it.  
    I have it on Hardcore mode,  so I thought I would change it just to get past this part,  but can not find a way to do that,   options will not give me that option.   Rolling Eyes 
    This is a tough game, but I have enjoyed it.    Now I am just wondering if the icon is going to sit there,   taunting me   Evil Grin 

No walkthrough's either.    YouTube videos only cover the beginning of the game.

If  I cannot find the solution,  I may  start over on Casual Mode.....which I consider a
    defeat.     I haven't played on Casual in ages.....tho I do find a SG to come in handy.
    Silly face

I decided to just go ahead and restart game and realized something.  A couple of nights ago I was playing and never finished a HO Scene.      I figured  I would finish it when I came back.   Well, when I  went to play today,  it came up on another HO scene which I had to find the last object.  (I guess I didn't finish that one either   OH! )   I remember  thinking I needed to do the other HO scene as I had not found the Zephyr.    But forgot about it as I played.
    I just remembered it as I started  playing under a new name.     But game seems to have forgotten about my Zephyr lapse.
    I am wondering if that is why I am so stuck.   Never got the object I needed from that scene.
    Sooooo.........not my fault   Whew~!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 am

It's nice to hear that you weren't just missing something obvious, AND that it wasn't a game glitch! Happy bounce

I finished the first House of 1000 Doors last night, and enjoyed it.  I would have enjoyed it even more if it hadn't gotten so heavy on the HO scenes as we progressed, but still!  Awesome game!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 am

Hi everyone! I've been a bit busy and trying to get a little game time in is nearly impossible. I was wondering if the Mystery Age game (the TGT at BFG) was associated with Mystery Age: The Dark Priests. I remembered Mystery Age 2 was one of Genki's favorites and I enjoyed it very much myself. And I found the info I needed because it is!!

luvtoread, I really did like The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes, even after having to restart. I ran into a glitch (or something) with a HO scene not showing up. IIRC, an update was released and I un/reinstalled & didn't run into any more problems. For a SE game, I thought it was well worth a PCC.

I'm currently playing Riddles of Fate. I've been playing it in bits & pieces for the last few days since my game time is limited, but I am enjoying it, too!
    With Elephant doing the next MCF game, one good thing...I will get wide-screen on my laptop!! Last year's MCF didn't show up wide-screen and my laptop is very picky in its resolutions settings.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:54 pm

I hope everything settles down for you a bit, DJ. I miss seeing your posts. Cry 

I've been busy with work too, but tonight I had some time to play and I worked on the Calavera: Day of the Dead game. What a fun and goofy game! It's not easy either. I like its sass and humor too. The only thing driving me nuts is the super-repetitive music. Otherwise it's a fun change of pace from my usual fare.

I'd recommend it!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I'll be playing Calavera next.  Just finishing up Reveries, first Smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:47 am

Calavera: Day of the Dead was so good! Definitely different & what I enjoyed the most was the humor in it.

I see Enigmatis 2 is the TGT at BFG. I beta tested this game and thought it was very good. So, I'll buy it.
    According to Hondo's Highlights, Midnight Mysteries: The Witches of Abraham should be out this week also. No mention of whether or not it's a CE.
    I love this series. BFG did not offer the CE of MM: Salem Witch Trials (I got the CE retail). MM: Haunted Houdini was the one & only Deluxe game ever sold at BFG. Again, I bought the CE retail. I am hoping MM #5 is the CE Saturday. (fingers crossed)
    I know a different developer (Hot Lava, I think) is releasing the newest MM and from what I've seen on YT, it looks like they've kept the same style of gameplay.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 am

Hi everyone!

I think I'll play Calavera too. (Scratches is stalled for now due to my being sick and, I think, DH losing interest as we'd been kinda stuck with nothing much happening. Hmm...)

I'm still sick - terrible cold and now a sore throat with strep throat rampant at my preschool - and I feel generally lousy but have a 4-day weekend Happy bounce  so hope to be up to a little game time!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:03 am

Oops! Embarrassed  I completely forgot to check for Hondo's Highlights this week. lol~  Oh well.

I have GOT to get feeling better so I can get back into my games!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:12 am

Oh no, R-Mom, I hope you're feeling better soon. When I had strep throat, I'd been sick for 2 weeks. Finally went to the doctor and had to get 2 shots (one on each side of my butt) & antibiotics. The strep throat wouldn't go away on its own.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:16 am

lol, Genki! I play SongPop on fb so I'm there everyday.

IIRC, the only 2 PC games mentioned were Enigmatis 2 and MM: The Witches of Abraham. All the other games were for iPad, Android, or whatever.
    I think there was a FtP game too, but it already came out this week.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

I am SO a Midnight Mysteries fan!! And I was thinking - just today OH! - if they were ever going to make a 5th. Hope you're right about it being this weekend!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:47 am

lol, JustTheFacts! I am such a huge fan of the Midnight Mysteries games! I prefer having the CEs of all of them. Well, except for the first one, it wasn't a CE.
    When MM: Salem Witch Trials came out at BFG, I bought it. I thought it was a phenomenal game. A few months later, I was shopping in the PC Games section at Walmart and spotted the CE of SWT. I had to have it and it was on the cheap shelf ($10), so I bought it again!
    I spotted Haunted Houdini CE at Walmart the day before BFG got it (in the Deluxe form) and paid the higher price. It was $20.
    Oh, did I mention I was a huge fan? lol!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:53 am

I haven't got any of them as CE. I never used to buy CEs until I started reviewing them! Now I own 45 and new ones every month.

I can never decide which one I like best. I love Poe, so I love that one. But the first of the series I ever played was Mississippi and it totally blew me away.

I have never bought a hard copy of any HOGs, which I found out about only 2 years ago. And now I only buy from Big Fish, unless it's something crazy like Artifex Mundi offering me the first Enigmatis for free!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:04 am

Oh, I am such a crazy, um...I mean devoted fan of HOGs and HOPAs that before I discovered BFG and became a member, I used to buy discs of all my games. Wow, quite expensive, too.

I still buy the Nancy Drew adventure games on disc and most of the MCF games, so my sister can play them, although I haven't bought the last 2 ND games. I just haven't been in the mood for an adventure game.
    And if I can find a "bundle" pack of games, I'll consider buying it. That's how I got Campfire Legends: The Hookman which was never available at BFG. It was bundled with another game.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:08 am

I hated Campfire Legends!! I tried playing all of them when at gamehouse and I could not get very far with any of them before tearing my hair out!! Nothing seemed to make any sense and I never had enough hints to achieve anything.

A year later, much more experienced, I tried them again - again, not a clue and got nowhere.

Don't know what it was but boy do I froth at the mouth just thinking about them!

Hee hee, off to bed now - and a good day!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 am

RM, I missed your post!  I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick :( At least with the four-day weekend, you'll have time to rest up some!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi Everyone. I finally made it here (I think).  Missed all of you!  Now what do I do? I read the instructions but only understand half of it. 

@DJ...somebody...HELP!  SOS!

ETA:  Well, I figured out how to post, but can't figure out how to get an Avatar added.

Last edited by Butterflyshrimp on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Help needed)
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey there, Butterfly, it's good to see you!!! Happy bounce How've you been? I haven't talked to you since the Big Event over at the other place.
    Hmm...let me see if I can remember. Genki helped me with how to get an avatar (which looks like an up-close pic of my dog).
    When you sign in, there's a Profile option at the top of the page. You'll see Forum, Members, Profile, Messages, Sign Out. I think you choose the Profile option and you can pick either available avatars or you can put your own up. I don't know how to put my own up, so I browsed the available ones.
    I'll go check and make sure.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Okay, once you go into Profile, click on Avatar. Then choose either "Select your Avatar from our gallery" (which is what I did) or you can upload your own (which I don't know how to do). Well, I really don't have hardly any pics on my laptop, most of mine are on my desktop and then I transfer them to a flashdrive.
    Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! You already know I'm definitely not computer savvy.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:39 pm

JustTheFacts, I've only played the first Campfire Legends and I do remember it being hard. I think it was the hidden object scenes. I had a heck of a time trying to find objects and kept having to use the Hint button until I got the hang of it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:59 pm

The people in our city do NOT know how to operate a motor vehicle. I was driving down the road today, getting ready to make a left-hand turn. My turn signal is on and there is a man who looks like he's going to cross the street, so, I stop. Well, the stupid bitch (we can say that word here) in back of me honks her horn.
    I've about had enough of her cause she's been riding my a** the whole way.
    I gave her one finger to show she's #1 in my book, guess which finger it was?

I don't have any patience with these idiots any more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 am