Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+7
vervaine
JustTheFacts
Sportygal2009
luvtoread
GIs1stluv
bribling
genkicoll
11 posters

Upcoming Games!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Upcoming Games! - Page 3 Empty Re: Upcoming Games!

Post by genkicoll Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks to DJ, I have news on an upcoming game from Awem!

Upcoming Games! - Page 3 The-shade-effect-500-20
    The Shade Effect™️
    They say the Darkness is not as horrible as those who hide inside it. The light disperses the darkness but horrible monsters remain. Is it worth fighting your fears face to face or is it better to be in the dark? Hide in a quiet corner and survive… And what if you switch on the light and realize that there is nobody but YOU around? Does that mean YOU are the monster? Are you ready to enter a dark room with only a burning match in your hand?
    The Shade Effect™️ Features:

• First Awem Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game
    • Become part of the mystic world
    • Reunite with the survived and find yourself
    • Perfect graphics and sound effects
    • Unique atmosphere
    • Dive into The Shade Effect!

EDIT:  I know I've seen this video before... Did I post about this a while back and forget about it?  Wouldn't surprise me! Laugh

Upcoming Games! - Page 3 O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Well, as teasers go, that one left a lot to be desired - yes I know, I'm supposed to have gone to bed (I played mahjong instead).

Am really keen on seeing these guys do HOPA
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeah... 37 seconds of a moth hitting a bare light bulb isn't exactly gripping Snicker  Still, we can hope!

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:07 pm

LMAO, I'm with you guys on the trailer! No wonder I couldn't remember! Belly laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:52 am

TeamTeetat wrote:Can you believe it's the end of the year already? What is your favorite game of 2013 so far? Well, your top 2013 list might gonna change soon as there are tons of exciting tiles coming up in the last month of the year - let's begin...

The Fog: Trap For Moths is a brand new Hidden Object Adventure game from Alawar Stargaze, the creators of Forest Legends, Twisted Lands and Mountain Crime to name a few. Click on the link for the preview, the atmosphere looks to be pretty bloody scary!

This game has a great chance of being released on Alawar tomorrow, but let's just put it here first. Dark Angels: Masquerade Of Shadows is a HOPA sets in a modern world, with a really cool story. Kate was just an ordinary girl before she went to see the therapist regarding her nightmares - weird creatures started to show up at her doorsteps threatened to kill her! The game is very interactive and just a warning, our heroine is fierce!

The Agency Of Anomalies: Mind Invasion Collector's Edition is the fifth game in Orneon's Anomalies series. This time, the Brotherhood are trying to invade your own mind, what should you do? Take another ride on this supernatural HOPA trip!

As we all know, the Hidden Expedition series is now being taken over by Eipix Entertainment. Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian: The Hope Diamond Collector's Edition is set to be released in December. The beta of the game was great in my opinion, it also featured real Smithsonian's artifacts! A game really worth checking out...

Explore the town of Lake Bliss and find your missing fiancée in Mysterium: Lake Bliss Collector's Edition! It is from Big Top Games, the studio behind Fairly Twisted Tales if you can remember - the screens from Mysterium look stunning aren't they?

From Organic to Digital, Mystic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone should be a SE HOPA release we can expect this month. I have very little information about this game, but it should be worthy of the SE price!

I accidentally bumped into this game while checking BFG's schedule, it is a game i am really blank about but according to the name, i know two facts. First, it is going to be a F2P game; second, it is the latest addition in the Awakening franchise! Awakening Kingdoms is what it is called, how Awakening adapted into a F2P, that, i do not know.

I am going to sum up pretty quickly two ERS sequels for this December. Spirits of Mystery: The Silver Arrow Collector's Edition and Redemption Cemetery: Bitter Frost Collector's Edition as you probably know what to expect already. Another title from ERS that really should be coming out this Christmas but not yet on the schedule is Christmas Eve: The Secret of Pandora Collector's Edition, i certainly cannot imagine playing a Christmas game during Valentine's Day next year.

We also have another Christmas HOPA title coming out from Elephant Games, the sequel to everybody's favorite Nutcracker. Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol Collector's Edition is going to center around the famous Chirstmas tale and it should be released simultaneously on iOS as well.

Here to close off the thread, The Emerald Maiden: Symphony Of Dreams Collector's Edition. This HOPA is from Gogii Games and it is about an adventure in the water city, that's why it looks kinda blue...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance from me, hope you all will have a great time celebrating the end of 2013 with these awesome games!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:30 am

News from GOG:

Pre-Order: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Season Pass
    The biggest point-and-click comeback of 2013!

Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Season Pass, the complete 2-episode package of the newest entry in the fan-beloved point-and-click saga, is available for pre-orders 20% off on GOG.com. That's only $19.99 for both the first episode, that's expected to arrive on December 4, and the second one, coming out Q1 2014.

Upcoming Games! - Page 3 1e2294eb8e45f1d5324c20fc9c42144452f4a4ad_smallMurder, conspiracy, mystery, occult, fine art, and--of course--George Stobbart and Nico Collard, the dynamic detective duo: all that is making a sensational return in the long-awaited continuation of the iconic Broken Sword adventure game saga. In Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse, makes sure that all the die-hard fans of the series will feel right at home. Even the modern-day graphics go a long way to reflect the style and charm of the classic 2D episodes. What's new, is the actual adventure--bigger, more exciting, and more dangerous than ever before. Make sure not to miss it, as the credentials of the game's development team promise nothing short of a modern point-and-click classic!

The game has been divided into two episodes, one of them expected to launch in about a week from now, and the second planned for the first quarter of 2014. You will get both episodes upon their respective releases when you get our Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Season Pass, now with the 20% discount! That's only $19.99, and the offer will only last until the first episode's release (ETA. December 4, 2013).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a side note, I just went to Steam, and they have the first episode available for pre-purchase, too.  The second episode is a free update, and their sale price is $23.99.  I'd much rather have the DRM-free version, and for $4.00 less, that's even better! Big smile

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am

Super excited!!!!!! Happy bounce
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:12 am

genkicoll wrote:Yeah... 37 seconds of a moth hitting a bare light bulb isn't exactly gripping Snicker  Still, we can hope!
    You guys didn't find the monster-thing at :20 a little creepy? (Key word here is "little". Snicker)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:20 am

There was a monster-thingy? Huh?  I totally missed it!

*goes off to look*

Oh... huh.  Looks like the shadow of a scarab beetle trying to grab the moth.

*deadpan* Still not gripping.

Laugh

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh well. It looked like something with hands and fingers to me. They were going for subtle.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:03 pm

TeamTeetat wrote:ADDED For Bulilder fans, the third game in the New Yankee series is coming up soon! This is it has a cheery Christmas theme, find Santa's missing reindeer to avoid a Yuletide cancellation in New Yankee In Santa’s Service.

ADDED The famous Famington Tales is back with a holiday makeover! Farmington Tales: Winter Crop is a cool Hidden Object/Time Management fusion from Playcademy, with tons of puzzles and quests and beautiful graphics, this one looks very promising!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance from me, hope you all will have a great time celebrating the end of 2013 with these awesome games!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Jessica’s Play List – 12/16/13 – 12/22/13

Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond Collector’s Edition - #PC #MAC
    You’re on a train in the middle of nowhere, and a band of dangerous thieves demand you tell them where to find the Hope Diamond’s shards. As the newest Hidden Expedition recruit, you’ve got to find the shards before they do…In this exciting continuation of the Hidden Expedition series, your journey takes you from the Smithsonian Institute’s iconic castle to the remotest jungle as you track down the missing shards and learn the Hope Diamond’s secrets.
    Upcoming Games! - Page 3 1459210_10152487133354966_358115416_n

Mysterium: Lake Bliss Collector’s Edition - #PC #MAC
    A young bride-to-be who was left standing alone at the altar on her wedding day hires you to find her fiancé. As you unravel the mystery you discover you must put an end to a curse with a centuries old tale of betrayal behind it that is claiming the lives of young men in the sleepy tourist town of Lake Bliss.
    Upcoming Games! - Page 3 1491593_10152487133444966_880405108_n
    Teetat's Preview page for this game HERE

The rest of Jessica's pics are previews for mobile devices.

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:50 pm

The Whispered World 2 - Silence

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Shock  Couldn't have taken his sister's friends too?!  Cry
    Confession - I've owned the original Whispered World for years but haven't played it yet.  Embarrassed
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

looks interesting!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:Shock  Couldn't have taken his sister's friends too?!  Cry
    Confession - I've owned the original Whispered World for years but haven't played it yet.  Embarrassed

I'm with you... on both points!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:27 am

I love this thread - it's my favourite  Elk grin Sunny 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm so glad you like it Sunny

Here's something that I know you'll be interested in... though not necessarily happy about Yeah right

Letters from Nowhere: A Hidden Object Mystery is Officially Out for the Family of iOS Devices!
    Dec 18, 2013
    Upcoming Games! - Page 3 Blog_500x362

Dear lovers of riddles and mystery, rejoice, as you are in for a very special treat!

Today, we are extremely excited to officially introduce you to magnificent Letters from Nowhere: A Hidden Object Mystery – a superfresh iOS addition to one of our most popular and accomplished game series – Letters from Nowhere.
    A Hidden Object Mystery is an entirely new title in the great dynasty of amazing hidden object games. In this instance, it takes all the best features from LFN series and adds a number of amazing new features to it, including:

• Brand new mysterious plot, full of unexpected twists and turns
    • Over 260 heart-pounding quests to fulfill
    • 24 eerie hidden object scenes to search and 55 collections to gather for bonuses and awards
    • Six different types of mini-games to master
    • Regular free updates with loads of new content
    • iPhone 5 Display support
    • New iPad Retina Display Support

We know you have been waiting for it long enough, so don’t hesitate now! Grab the game FREE TODAY at:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id663329194?mt=8

So why am I posting this here in the Upcoming Games thread?  I'm thinking that at some point they'll make a PC version of this "Free-to-Play."

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Actually, I wish, that if they must do the smartphone thing they'd do android, then I would have something on my phone for moments of extreme boredom (usually waiting for doctors).

But I seriously hope these F2P damn games will disappear, or at least not start replacing our pc games because I am NEVER going to pay for a game that is allegedly free! Besides, as far as I'm concerned, it's no better than gambling, in fact, worse, because at least gambling there MIGHT be a payoff as well as keeping yourself amused.

Hmmm, chatty today, aren't I?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm

I just beta tested a new Gogii game that looks good (thank you! thank you!

thank you!) FLOWERRS 

btw, I now get beta tests quite often and even from big fish!

The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams

Fantastic art deco, throughout the ultimate entertainment house complete with ballroom that has ceiling frescos like something out of the Cistene Chapel.

And marvellous worlds where you can make your dreams come true - for a price.

Don't know about it being dark and eerie, but it sure as heck is colourful and eerie. hypnotize 

Justie and Jackie 2muchcompy typingcat
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:36 am

Have you got this one? I don't remember seeing it.

Nightmare Visions: Dream Eater
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:24 am

No, I hadn't seen it!  I like the artwork!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:45 pm

TeamTeetat wrote:
    Added four titles right before the end of the year!

PS. Dark Angels will be out on BFG in a few days for those of you who are wondering.

ADDED Esoterica: Hollow Earth
    is a sci-fo HOPA from Alawar, guide young Stephanie as she follows clues for locating and activating a machine her grandfather built that can tunnel through Earth to the lost continent of Agartha!

ADDED Another Alawar title coming up is Love Alchemy: A Heart In Winter, this one featured an interesting story about love and betrayal, with graphics, cool puzzles and a choice of ending, this is the one not to miss!

ADDED You have somehow adopted a real creepy Midnight Castle which is rumored to hold many dark secrets. Guide your way through this creepy castle in this brand new F2P Hidden Object from Elephant Games, the developer of the hit Found! The game is now available on Big Fish as a Sneak Peak Beta Preview, check it out!

ADDED The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure is an upcoming HOPA sets in the beautiful of The Great Gatsby. Explore the once glamorous Gatsby mansion and find the hidden treasures!

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 am

Wow, two games from my favorite developer - Alawar. Yippee!!

Oh man, I wonder if Esoterica: Hollow Earth is by the same team that did the sci-fi HOPA, Eternal Journey: New Atlantis. If it is, it'll be an instant buy!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:09 am

For me too! Mind you, I can't remember a single detail about New Atlantis except that I absolutely loved it!  Wub heart flowers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:45 pm