Please add your tips to this thread!
See the Links to Helpful Glitchy Information for in-depth information on the game, badges, items, etc.
- Zilloween happens in Glitch every 6 weeks. You can only grow pumpkins during this time, and only get roasted peppitas from pumpkins. Whole pumpkins last forever; carved pumpkins and lighted pumpkins will rot once Zilloween is over. Carved will turn into peppitas, lighted will turn into pumpkin pies.
With the roasted peppitas, you can make a few candies, and there are badges for eating/handing out candy:
- Ate 17 / 43 / 79 / 137 / 353 Candies.
- Gave Candy to 5 / 37 / 103 / 257 / 499 unique players.
I recently saw a Guide mention that the badges are always on. Apparently you don't have to hand out/eat the candy only during Zilloween in order to get the badges!
- For the real-life Easter, there is a Glitch egg-hunt. Find chocolate eggs by squeezing chickens or interacting with Egg Plants. There are five types to find:
- Bugsbury Creme Egg
- Certified Organic Chocolate Egg
- Golden Egg
- Secular Holiday Egg
Find all five to get a trophy, but be warned - the eggs will be combined in order to form your chocolate bunny trophy (you will lose the eggs from your inventory). Any eggs you find beyond the first set will STAY in your inventory regardless of the date.
- There are badges for collecting fireflies in jars. The jars are expensive, and let's face it - how many full jars do you need to hoard? You can take a full jar to a firefly swarm and open it there to get a full jar again, guaranteed - it counts towards your badges! - Thanks to Brib for the tip
- When playing Game of Crowns, you'll be able to keep the crown for longer if you're able to stall next to a lock, then grab it as soon as someone gets close and find another lock.
- There is a the hidden “wormhole” in Koulato Cluster in Jethimadh. Just go up the ladder hidden behind the support beam. It will take you to Ruta Asuncion in Ix (spice trees nearby, not to mention Groddle meadow and Uralia).
- There are more hidden places than just The Missing Floor. Click HERE to find out where The Missing Floor, The Lost Floor, The Forgotten Floor, Stoot Shrine, and Axis Denyde are.
- There is a quest you get early on in the game that has you try and collect 30 happiness coins in 30 seconds or less. In the beginning, you run out of happiness in a hurry, so when you do the activity, get all but ONE of the required coins, then let the time run out. Come back again and again as needed
- If a crab wants to hear a tune, say yes and THEN drink your crabato juice. If you waste time trying to find where the juice is, the crab may just decide that he doesn't want you to play him a tune after all!
- Pi Pie can only be made ONE DAY per real-life year - March 14th. 3-14... get it? *giggle*
- We know that you can make butter by shaking butterfly milk, cheese by compressing the butter, and stinky cheese by aging the cheese. You can also get very stinky cheese by aging it again. Poke the very stinky cheese to get a small shiny object with no intrinsic value.
- For the DNA quests, be sure to check the dead-end streets. I often found DNA there. Also look for ledges that you might not be able to get to easily. You will know there is DNA hidden somewhere on the street when the music changes to a kind of eerie, slow music.
Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total