Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+6
RenaissanceMom
vervaine
Sportygal2009
djrum
Justgaming
genkicoll
10 posters

Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 Empty Re: Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights)

Post by genkicoll Mon May 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Jessica’s Play List – 5/5/14 – 5/11/14 (4 photos)
    Hey there Big Fish fans! Here are some of this week's exciting releases!

Lost Souls: Timeless Fables Collector’s Edition - #PC #Mac
    After Bella's brother Stan mysteriously disappeared, she's been haunted by a single dream. Every night she sees her brother vanishing into a glaring portal opened by a strange, ancient book, and every night she wakes up in a cold shiver. She feels certain that it's not a mere coincidence or a trick of the mind, but something to do with a recent find Stan made - an ancient artifact. Set out in search of Stan through the pages of well-known novels and true stories on an exciting adventure - meet spectacular characters, visit eye-catching locations and engage in a twisted plot!
    Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 10330413_10152830666039966_2637856287834967588_n

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector’s Edition - #PC #Mac
    Your curiosity is piqued when your librarian friend shows you an ancient book that seems to have no ending. As you open the book’s pages, a character in the story begs for your help! All at once, you’re swept into his magical kingdom - where a monstrous threat is bent on destruction, but your path is blocked by a mysterious pen re-writing the story. Can you find a way to free the king from his chains, and rid the land of Eldor from danger before the final hourglass runs out?
    Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 10171186_10152830666294966_5025025445187885658_n

Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 Empty Re: Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights)

Post by genkicoll Tue May 13, 2014 10:38 am

Jessica’s Play List – 5/12/14 – 5/18/14

Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector’s Edition #PC #Mac
    You’ve been summoned to court to provide testimony in a trial against your nephew James, who stands accused of murdering his sister. By using your power to learn an object’s history simply by touching it, you must examine evidence from the crime scene to determine what really happened to Elizabeth. Can you prove James innocent and find the real killer? As you explore the family mansion, a dark force is trying to cover up the truth! Watch your step, or you could be next! Follow the trail and crack the case in this thrilling hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Tales of Terror: The House on the Hill Collector’s Edition #PC #Mac
    When you signed up for a ghost tour at an old estate, you were just hoping to spend some time with your sister, who loves the paranormal. But the brochure never mentioned the real danger you would encounter the second the doors close behind you. Walls shift and corridors expand, creating a terrifying maze that separates you from your sister. Now you must outwit dangerous traps and find a way out before the house claims another victim. Summon your courage and get ready for thrills in this Hidden Object Adventure game!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue May 13, 2014 10:39 am

Huh! I must be finally getting on top of things - I've already done the beta for both of these!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed May 21, 2014 9:14 am

Posted ~18 hours ago:
    Important Update: Changes to Jessica’s Playlist

Happy Tuesday Big Fish Fans! I have returned from my vacation and am excited to be back in this Big Fish community. On that note, I have an exciting announcement…Jessica’s Playlist is getti...ng a makeover! We’ve come up with a fun new way of telling you all about Big Fish’s exciting new releases. The finishing touches are being applied as we speak, so this week’s playlist won’t be released until tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and I am excited to see what you think!

In the meanwhile, can we all take a moment to appreciate the sheer cuteness of this picture! I hope it inspires you to reach out and say hello to a friend who is dear…no matter how unusual.

~JessicaPlays

Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 10404423_10152867224984966_4501461612240311062_n

UPDATE ~2:30 PM PST:
    Quick Note: Jessica's Playlist

Hey Big Fish Fans! We need one more day to polish the new format for this week's Jessica Playlist. This new format is new for us as well and we want to make sure it is the quality you deserve. I sincerely apologize for the delay and the playlist will be posted as soon as possible tomorrow.

On the bright side, now that we've got the format and process down there should be no delays to future playlists. YAY!
    Excited to get it in front of you and hope you like it.

~JessicaPlays

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu May 22, 2014 10:44 am

Ew...not a fan of Jessica's new format. It's too long & I'd prefer to click through all the i-games and Android games. My mind tends to wander when I'm not interested in something.  Laugh
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Thu May 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Agreed, djrum.  I got bored after about 10 seconds and stopped watching.  Welp, there's one more thing I used to enjoy and look forward to, down the tubes.  Why, why, why????

Cry
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah... Not interested in the video format Yeah right

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed May 28, 2014 10:54 am

Jessica’s Playlist – May 26th – June 1st (4 photos)

This is the final week that Jessica’s Playlist will be released in the original, screenshot format.

Awakening: The Redleaf Forest Collector’s Edition - #PC #Mac
    Queen Sophia embarks on one final journey to rescue her parents and to defeat Dreadmyre once and for all. Her search has led her to the Redleaf Forest where she is to find the centaur who can help her forge the Blade of Courage. Will Sophia finally defeat the evil which has shadowed over her journey and be able to reunite with her parents?
    Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 8705_10152886040434966_285615926062424741_n

Haunted Hotel: Ancient Bane Collector’s Edition - #PC #Mac
    Abraham Shadowy bought an abandoned hotel, planning to turn it into a haunted attraction for his guests. But when his guests start actually disappearing, people begin to gossip. Is it all just a publicity stunt for the hotel, or is there something more sinister going on? Join your detective friend James as you search for the truth among Shadowy’s mechanical contraptions. It’s dark in there, so watch your step in this chilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.
    Jessica's Play List (formerly Hondo's Highlights) - Page 6 10418400_10152886040394966_8907375946457410089_n

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed May 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Another Haunted Hotel already? It seems like I just played the last one. I would assume this is part of the series? And Elephant is the developer, again. If so, I hope it's better than the last one.

"Abraham Shadowy", really?????
    I'm cracking up over here.  Snicker
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Actually, have played the beta, and if you didn't like the first Elephant one, I think you probably won't like this either.

I loved the other one, and do not think this one is as good.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed May 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Darn!

The first HH I bought was HH: Charles Dexter Ward & I thought it was a very good game with a truly dark storyline. It scared me, I kept thinking something was sneaking up behind me.
    And I'd have to look over my shoulder to make sure there was nothing there.

I said back in the old D&E thread, the first time these devs get it right with an awesomely scary game, they sell out to another dev.
    Oh well...
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu May 29, 2014 2:23 am

"Abraham Shadowy"    really?  How many bottles of beer caused them to come up with that
    name?   Drinking buddy  Snicker 

I agree with you,  dj,   thoroughly enjoyed HH:CDW,  but the last one I just found
    really annoying and just could not finish the demo.

Will maybe give this next one a try.

I will be getting the next Awakening,  as I have done the others and feel the need
    to see if they will end it with this one.

Last edited by luvtoread on Thu May 29, 2014 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu May 29, 2014 2:24 am

I loved HH:CDW heaps too, but loved HH5 for totally different reasons - mainly James! Okay, I'm a sucker for cute in all its forms lol  Belly laugh 
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu May 29, 2014 2:30 am

Good Morning   JTF!   Sunny      He just annoyed me cause it seems like he  took all the credit
    while I did all the work!!    He sends you into the house with the monsters while he has a look
    outside!!   
    Honestly,  I never got past the demo as he annoyed me and the "demons"  just stand around
    waiting for you to do a bunch of nonsense so you can destroy them.

It just brought out the    pfft   in me.    But seeing the rave reviews,  I was in the minority.
    I don't mind.     flutter eyelashes
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 am

lol true enough lol Guess I don't mind my men helpless if they're pretty lol  OH! 

Well, from what I've seen of this one - and I haven't played all 90 mins of it, I admit - he is, sweet though he may be, going to be even more useless this time. All he does is pop up every now and then with a piece of an amulet or something lol.

AND the bad guy got us there for the sole purpose of getting his hands on James, so I can see a rescue in the offing!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu May 29, 2014 8:19 am

lol, luvtoread & JustTheFacts!! Yeah, what is it with these detectives who just stand around barking out orders? IIRC, I thought James kind of looked like Dupin.

Thank goodness, Dupin is so handsome to look at, I really don't mind detecting things with him.  flutter eyelashes  
    And he is helping more than he used to. I have the newest Dark Tales, but haven't played it yet.

So, is the new demo time 90 minutes? I know we had 90 with the Haunted Manor game & was wondering if this is the new norm.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:00 pm

No more pictures since they've introduced the video montage of upcoming games Yeah right  Here are the CE's to expect this week:

Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood Collector’s Edition (ooo, loved the first one! Heart  )

Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector’s Edition (haven't played the first one, yet! Laugh  )

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Best I can tell, these are the CE's to expect this week:

Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector’s Edition

Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector’s Edition

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Oh good! Have reviews for the betas of both of these!

If anyone is interested, they are here!

Sea of Lies 2

Well, I coulda sworn I'd done the other one too! Okay, I guess it'll be a surprise for all of us! lol
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:20 am

Featured this week on Jessica’s Playlist…….
    Hidden Expedition: The Crown of Solomon Collector’s Edition
    Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadows Collector’s Edition

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am