Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:11 am

That sort of thing always makes me laugh. I also chuckle when we're "drowning" but still have to collect random crap from the ocean floor before we can surface to breathe. It's one of the reasons I generally won't buy/play any of the underwater themed games. 

I'm going to play the new Mystery Trackers one since I really liked the beta of this game. Wish me luck!

ETA: This isn't the game a beta-ed. I don't know what I played  now! LOL This one is fun so far though... and of course there's still Elf! He's the only helper I like. 
    Hug
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:22 pm

I know you beta's MCF Ravenhurst and liked it.   Maybe that is what your thinking of.

I finished Nightfall Mysteries:  Haunted by the Past.    I knew early on who was behind
    the murders,   but I  must say that the story line does not leave you feeling sorry for the
    victims.
    The Bonus is not necessary,  but it is obvious that there will be another NM to continue
    the bonus Story.   If they explain it in the new game,  Bonus should not be necessary.

It is 90 degrees today.  I was out this morning cause we had a job meeting,  but I spent
    most of the noontime in front of my fan.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:56 pm

It was the Haunted Hotel beta.... I was confused because it was a chilly setting with semi-creepy stuff. 

The MT game was pretty fun. I still enjoy that series. 

I'm skeptical of the Nightfall Mystery one. That series is getting a little stale to me. I'll probably try it though because I'm pitiful and I can't help myself.  Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Good news is, NEW DARK DIMENSIONS game is coming up!

Bad new is, the name says it all:

Shadow Pirouette
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:28 pm

luvtoread wrote:I figured that little spawn of Satan would use the fear you picked against you.
    I picked Darkness.     Then found myself having to go through a very dark hallway
    using a flashlight that would flicker off and on and having what looked like the
    Walking Dead and a creepy kid jump out at you.

Did anyone else catch the X Files reference and Stephen King's  TV
    show Haven reference?
    There's a Stephen King TV show? That's it, I am gonna have to force myself into the 21st century and see if my TV still works!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:05 am

JustTheFacts wrote:
    luvtoread wrote:I figured that little spawn of Satan would use the fear you picked against you.
    I picked Darkness.     Then found myself having to go through a very dark hallway
    using a flashlight that would flicker off and on and having what looked like the
    Walking Dead and a creepy kid jump out at you.

Did anyone else catch the X Files reference and Stephen King's  TV
    show Haven reference?
    There's a Stephen King TV show? That's it, I am gonna have to force myself into the 21st century and see if my TV still works!

Belly laugh    It is based on SK's  The Colorado Kid,   first aired in 2010,  I believe.    You really have to see
    it from the beginning to understand what is going on.     I am not a SK fan,  but I have  always
    liked this show.
    Unfortunately,   the Final Season is so broken up that its hard to remember when its going to
    play and what is going on.  One half was in 2014  the other is sometime this year.
    I wonder if you could watch it online?

Also,  Under the Dome is by SK.  That TV show is rather whacko.   I am surprised I actually
    continued watching it,   but just could not seem to stop.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:13 am

I really liked SK's Under The Dome. I have already read it twice - and that's unusual for me. I usually need to give a book a few years before I look at it again. I, of course, have not read anything called 'The Haven' or 'The Colorado Kid' by him. Sounds way too recent. Laugh  

Now that all my spare money goes on a fancy no-limit net access scheme, I don't have the money to buy books, and since I 'adopted' a couple of thousand dragons, I don't have the time.  Belly laugh

Of course, remember I'm in Australia LuvTo, it is just possible the show is in its first season here.  Silly face
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:32 am

Its funny how TV shows are aired in different countries, but.. 4 years behind?   Hmm...

I will trust you on your game reviews,   but I think your behind on your Stephen King!!   Snicker
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 am

Hee hee!  I'm playing the bonus section of the MT game and I'm cracking up because the helicopter pilot looks like Billy Bob Thornton and the lighthouse keeper is a wimp! 

I'm easily amused!  Yahoo!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:13 am

luvtoread wrote:Its funny how TV shows are aired in different countries, but.. 4 years behind?   Hmm...

I will trust you on your game reviews,   but I think your behind on your Stephen King!!   Snicker
    I wouldn't trust anything from me at all now, except a lesson in how to steal (or breed) a dragon.  Laugh Or a course on how to set up a Live Stock Tracker with Excel. 

But it is sadly true, I am way behind on my Stephen King, and my Dean Koontz, and am struggling to get through the Ender series by Orson Scott Card. 

I blame the fact that I now have sedatives that are now so effective, I actually fall asleep sitting up (and don't fall off my chair doing it!!  OH! ) if I try to fight them. Of course, it could also have something to do with those ever-needy pesky dragons.  Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:40 pm

I just spent two days working and reworking ONE layout in Mahjong Towers Eternity. Now THAT is scary! I need a nice D&E game to soothe my frazzled nerves! 

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 37 Spiral_eyes
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:29 am

Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily

The latest beta from Artifex Mundi.

I don't know if you'll be able to run it, but I don't see why not. It's just it's a bit trickier to get at the download than BF previews.

It does note that the game extracts info on how long you spend on different parts of the game. So if you are worried about your privacy you may not want to try it.

There you go esme, echoes of Big Brother - that's scary enough for me!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:25 am

Sounds terrifying!  Shock

The new Haunted Hotel: Phoenix is out today. I really enjoyed the beta of that one. The sale is lame though, so I might wait until the weekend to see if there is a better one.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:32 am

I thought the title of it was Haunted Hotel IX at first - I have lost track, is it the ninth? Must be close to that.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Maybe they changed it from the beta? Let me go look.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 37 Shousework_file_100-100

It's Haunted Hotel: Phoen1X....
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:35 am

RE: Changing to Windows 10.

I asked Big Fish what they thought. Here's the relevant section.

So far we've run into both sides of Windows 10, where some players can play all of their games, while others can't seem to run them. Luckily if you update to Windows 10, there's an option to revert back to your previous operating system within 30 days of the update.

That should please you guys, can dip your toe in the water, and jump back out if a croc tries for your foot!!  Elk grin
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:55 am

I've been whiling away some time playing Dark Realm: Princess of Ice, which is a Mad Head game and surprisingly silly. I usually like their games, but this one is sooooooooooo goofy. Right now I'm using my "polar bear powers" to try to save, I dunno, some stupid princess who got herself magically frozen. I don't know what Princess Popsicle did, but there's her boyfriend and the mysterious white-haired guy (Legolas Jr? Mini Thranduil? The guy is rather elf-like to me) who are trying to save her too. Somehow I am guessing it will all be up to me though. The accents in this game are hilarious too. 

It ain't brain surgery, but it's nearly as confusing. Why I would have to go outside and find a tap to open a keg to get some ale to give to the drunk in the tavern when there's a perfectly good bartender in there waiting for me to bring him mushrooms... well, that's game logic!

Oh, and while the three of us (four if you count the magical polar bear) are trying to save Princess Popsicle, her dad, King Klueless, is just sitting there on his throne looking tragic and mysterious while everyone else is trying to save his daughter. 

Yup! Game logic!  Gah!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 am

JustTheFacts wrote:RE: Changing to Windows 10.

I asked Big Fish what they thought. Here's the relevant section.

So far we've run into both sides of Windows 10, where some players can play all of their games, while others can't seem to run them. Luckily if you update to Windows 10, there's an option to revert back to your previous operating system within 30 days of the update.

That should please you guys, can dip your toe in the water, and jump back out if a croc tries for your foot!!  Elk grin

Revert??    
    I cannot even figure out how to troubleshoot my computer to get the
     videos in STEAM to work---they really expect me to figure out how to go back to
     WIN7  without doing geeks-know-what
    to my laptop?   Overreaction
    I AM COMPUTER  LIMITED--THEY NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!!   Old Days
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:41 am

Hi all! Big smile I didn't realize it's been so long since I last checked in...wow, time flies and all that!

I have been reading, a lot. I finished Grim Tales: Whatever (the newest one) and didn't like it at all. I thought it was boring, tedious, and all the things I do not enjoy in a game.
    Clueless Clan...y'all are on your own from now on! meh

I've noticed the tech issues people are having with Win10 and some games not running. Even their older games will not work. Since my laptop is about 4 years old, I'll stick with Win7. I certainly wouldn't want to tempt fate by upgrading to Win10 and risk screwing everything up. And my desktop is ancient, no way would I upgrade it. Laugh

Revert back to my previous operating system? Yeah, right. Yeah right

My sister and I are going thrift-store shopping today and enjoying this beautiful weather!!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:14 am

DJ! Your computer ears must have been ringing because I said to myself "DJ sure hasn't been here in a while, I hope everything is okay... and I need to see when she was last on and ask if anyone has heard from her"... but you beat  me to it!

I'm glad you're having fun with your sister today. Been reading anything good? 

Stop in again soon.... I've missed you! Hug
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:15 pm

hi   dj--hope you find something good to buy.    I did the beta for the Grim Clueless Clan
    and I could not finish it.    I mean-they are dead,  so how can you go back 20 years
    to change the outcome  ( I believe that was the premise of the game?)
    At least in the previous ones we could get amusement out of it.  This one was just
    boring and ridiculous.

esme--I played the demo of the Ice Castle Princess Who Needs a Stranger  (me) to
    save her.    I wondered the same thing about getting beer for the drunk guy,
    and finding that rare flower that will blossom just for me and enticing a bird with
    raw meat miles away.    I wish the real Legolas would partner up with me.   Except he would
    probably not put up with all the nonsense things "I" do in the game.  So Jr and Mini
    will probably be poor substitutes.   Snicker

I bought an older game from a DD--Azada:  Elementa.   I actually am enjoying it.
    There is a only-in-a-game situation I have come across.   Bad guy did damage to
    the chair lift so I have to fix it.   Yet,  bad guy still got over to the other side of
    canyon.    After damaging it.   Either this is a case for Sherlock Holmes or he has
    capabilities of Voldemort.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:49 pm

luvtoread wrote:
    esme--I played the demo of the Ice Castle Princess Who Needs a Stranger  (me) to
    save her.    I wondered the same thing about getting beer for the drunk guy,
    and finding that rare flower that will blossom just for me and enticing a bird with
    raw meat miles away.    I wish the real Legolas would partner up with me.   Except he would
    probably not put up with all the nonsense things "I" do in the game.  So Jr and Mini
    will probably be poor substitutes.   Snicker
    I thought the same thing about the raw meat and the bird!  Belly laugh

Of the two, though Legolas is the "dreamy" one, I'd rather team up with Thranduil... he's got sass and enough hair products for the both of us! 
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 37 Latest?cb=20140713212602
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Had an absolute blast thriftin' today! Funny thing...I mostly buy books!!! Laugh Heck, for a quarter, you can't beat that price!
    I've got books everywhere. I've been reading quite a few books by Harlan Coben. I love the way he keeps me in suspense throughout the whole story and in the end, events always tie up nicely...unlike some games I've recently played. Huh?

I'm recording the TV show "Aquarius" right now. I don't know what it is about David Duchovny, but I adore him (since the X Files) and I like the show, too! Great soundtrack!

Oh, under the "Learn Something New Everyday" heading...pepperoni is made with goat meat. I did not know that and yuck. No wonder I like cheese pizza the best. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Pepperoni is usually made from beef and pork, DJ. I don't know what pepperoni you're getting, but it sounds funky!
    Shock

I've been reading too. I am loving the Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes series by Laurie King. SO much fun! And since I'm a mystery novel addict, it keeps my cravings satisfied!
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 37 ReadingDark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 37 Reading%20book
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:46 am

My sister works in the kitchen at the local grade school. I guess they had to serve a few cheese only pizzas because some foreign students not able to eat pepperoni on account of they are not allowed to eat goat meat. I forget what country they are from.
    Me, I prefer a veggie pizza with lots of veggies and not a lot of sauce.

And has anyone noticed all the F2P games not getting updates anymore?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:10 pm