Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+8
doctor
Frodo
pippi
luvtoread
Esme
Sable
RenaissanceMom
djrum
12 posters

Our Furbabies

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Our Furbabies - Page 3 Empty Re: Our Furbabies

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:19 am

Some animals are just like that, aren't they? I have always got one or two cats at any given time that develop peculiar obsessions.

I have one cat who loves cellophane. I have to keep an eye out for her, because she will chew on it and chew on it, until it starts to disintegrate enough for her to swallow it. She passes it okay, but it's not exactly good for her! The same cat also has an obsession for cigarette butts! She will sneak them out of an ashtray any way she can! She doesn't chew them, thank god, but blimey! So poisonous to little furry girls! Thankfully, now that I have switched to e-cigs, there's no more butts for her to swipe.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:59 pm

I personally think she's part billy goat.  Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 am

My poor furbaby is still very unwell. It's 2 weeks after his injury, but he has just the last few days gone downhill.

So am back in the office on the bean bag with Fiver. Took him to the vet today. The "dermal emphysema" (the air caught under the skin) is now so bad he is literally twice his normal size. He was supposed to have his stitches out today, but no way. Has licked himself a tiny hole in between the stitches and that is where the air is getting in. At least 5 more days of 24 hour nursing care.

So. Back on anti-inflammatory pain killers and anti-biotics. Back to wearing that horrible Elizabethan collar to stop him grooming the area, and his entire body from head to haunches is wrapped in light elastic bandages.  Cute Mummy 

Main thing is to stop him moving about. Which is why he and I are locked in here together. He stays calm and quiet if he is not in too much pain and has me and his "safe chair" to himself.  

The office is the smallest room in the house, and is now crammed with a double sized desk, bookshelf, 3 office chairs (one of which is Fiver's "safe chair"), a tongue shaped bean bag, food and water and litter box. Can barely move. But that's the idea! This is Jackie's territory normally, so she is very cranky and gives me mean looks and no cuddles when I venture out. Schizi is still escaping the backyard, and I've said to hell with it, they can all come and go as they please, so long as Fiver stays still. *sigh* Martyred motherhood!

Runaway Train Mystery Beta shows an interesting sort of HOPA, a bit different than the rest. So I've put that up and now must I try to convince myself to eat.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 am

Our Furbabies - Page 3 23w2xdz

My boy Fiver finally had his stitches out, almost 3 weeks after they were put in. He still has a tiny hole and some air under his skin, but the both of us will be free free free by the end of the weekend, when he will finally be allowed outside.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 am

Poor baby... and the kitty, too! Wink  Thanks so much for the update; it's good to know that he's doing so much better!

Our Furbabies - Page 3 O9fj
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 am

Awww... I'm glad things are going to be better for you both soon!  Hug
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 pm

JustTheFacts, is that a video of your little kitten? He is sooo adorable! And I'm so glad he's doing better.

Oh, I want a cat so bad, but I don't think my Sasha would like that too well. She's gets jealous real easily & she pretty much rules the roost around here & she's kind of a big dog.

Esme, your dogs are so cute! How can they be so good to pose for a pic in their little costumes?

Evidently, I've missed this thread, somehow.  Embarrassed
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

No, that is not my little one, just a truly irresistible kitten a friend sent me! It's gotta be one of the most adorable kitty vids on the net though, huh? I added the link, then previewed it and it didn't come up, so thought I'd goofed and didn't explain lol  D\\'oh! 

I missed Esme's furbabies too! We must both have been asleep on the same day, djrum! They are incredibly well behaved, esme!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh my gosh, JustTheFacts, that kitten is too cute! I love watching the video!

When my cats were young, they were so playful. As they got older, they still played, only not as much.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Hello Just the Facts - I've been away and am so glad to return to hear that Fiver is getting better!  We added him to our "Prayers to St Francis" list.  (I'm no where near Catholic, but I like the idea that animals get their own saint.  So I talk to him.  Is that bad?)

Our new kitten is - there's really no other word for it - a real hellion.  She's Absolutely Fearless.  Which is good ... and bad.  Her current fascination is the ceiling fan.  Sigh.  Been looking forward to air movement all winter. She has a great personality, though.  Right now she is watching me type this, and the way her head is moving, you'd swear she was reading.   typingcat  
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 am

Some cats do that - the clever ones  Big smile  I think they are following the cursor movements. BUT according to some book I read on the subject, cats are not supposed to be able to see in 2D, unlike dogs, who can. So dogs watch TV, and will react, but cats don't. Never known a cat who was into TV, so you'd think that was right, but then there are these pc cats, who clearly see SOMETHING and respond to it. Maybe the digital images are easier for them to see? I don't know. But some cats are definitely pc cats.

I used to have a cat who, just like the icon, loved to type! She also batted at the cursor, so she was definitely seeing something.

Hellions are the best cats! I love them all.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Yeah, it must be something about a computer image; because as soon as we plug the computer into the TV to watch Hulu, she jumps onto the TV table and is mesmerized.  She follows the cursor on my laptop screen, too.  So she sees something

Yes, she's amazingly clever.  Scary smart, perhaps!  But super sweet, so it's hard to get frustrated when she does something super messy just to figure out why.

Keep me posted on how Fiver recuperates!  Hopefully you're not imprisoned in the room much longer!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:36 pm

I remember a few years ago,  my (then) cat, Bobbi was sitting in front of the TV.  There was
    some nature show on,   and when it showed a whole flock of birds taking off,  she
      did her best to try and catch them!  
    My daughter's cat,  Riley,  actually got on her laptop and landed up ordering something from
    Amazon!    Oops!  Snicker
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm

OMG!!! Bloody Fiver, clearly in need of entertainment, has been chewing on pc cords! - unknown to me of course. First I knew, lost all connection to my 425 (yes that is an exact count) bfg games!! He'd chewed the cord to my external drive till it was no longer functional!  Overreaction 

Bloody little bugger seems determined to kill himself one way or another. I train all my cats about cords as a matter of policy, in the first weeks they are here. Fiver's never been a problem in that way, any more than any cat I have had has taken to cords or wires.  

Obviously, very bored! God, they freak me out when they do things like this! Not to mention, no games till Wednesday at earliest, if local guy has replacement cords, and I have enough money!  pullhair
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Today is my Bubba Boy's adoptiversary! (There is cake for later)

Our Furbabies - Page 3 Birthd12
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Awww, happy adoption-day to Bubba!   Party

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Adoptiversary!! What a wonderful word. Have a happy one, Bubba and adoptimom!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Not only do I not have enough money, and the local guy does not have anything I can use as replacement. NO one has a replacement. The manufacturer set it up that way. So, unless the manufacturer has a...

I stopped here, thinking I'll just check and see if the manufacturer DOES have anything - no, of course not. Couldn't even find a suitable contact to ask.

Well, thought I, I'll have a quick word with the people I bought it from (not the locals), OFFICEWORKS, for future reference, if you need a GOOD IT supplier.

Told them about the cat, no probs, we'll take the same item out of a brand new external drive set and GIVE you the intact cord!!! Wow! the IT fairy is so good to me! First the great sale gets me 2TB for the price of a cheap 1TB, and now a free replacement cord when clearly it was not a warranty issue! Wow! I say! Wow!  Happy bounce OH! Clap Two thumbs up Drinking buddy  Heart 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:38 am

Gor! And in all that didn't even mention sick furbaby! Maybe this is because I haven't seen him in almost 24 hours - let alone checked his wound! Guess he really is sick of my company. Or maybe he knows how put out I am about the cord!

He's about though. Not escaping from wherever Schizi is escaping, and not injuring himself (I hope). Will have to grab him tonight at 'tucker time' to just make sure he's not opened that little hole back up.

Jackie the pc cat is back in her role of office supervisor, and Tobie got to sleep on my legs again last night, Schizi came and went of her own accord, and Ninja got to steal some of Fiver's food, so all's well again in the kingdom!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:23 am

Justie, glad Fiver is doing better.  Naughty cat though, chewing your chord.   Mouse pbbt
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Now that we have our own place, we're looking to get some furbabies.  I'm going to meet this darlin' 9-month-old tomorrow:
    Our Furbabies - Page 3 Kitty10
    Wish me luck!  She looks like a sweetheart -- hoping she is!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 pm

A couple more hours 'til I meet the kitty.  In the meantime, maybe I should just get one of these:
    Our Furbabies - Page 3 Crazyc10

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Belly laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:07 pm

She's a pretty baby!  Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:00 pm

She is ours, and even sweeter than she looks.  She didn't like the car ride, so she's been pretty nervous, but she still comes when I ask her to. Wub  She's a little thing, and has a high voice.  At some point, once she gets settled, I'll get some more pics.  For now, we all need to get used to having a new presence in the home. Big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:03 am