Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+8
doctor
Frodo
pippi
luvtoread
Esme
Sable
RenaissanceMom
djrum
12 posters

Our Furbabies

Esme
    Esme

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Empty Re: Our Furbabies

Post by Esme Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:05 pm

What an adorable girl Jasmine is... love the video!  Heart

Justie, I, too, would love to see photos of your new baby too. So glad she is helping your heart heal. 

I know we are mostly a kitty-centric group, but here are my furkids in their new sweaters. I love dressing them up, and with temps as low as they've been, they don't seem to mind too much. 

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Vertic10
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Molly seems to like her name - along with everything else in her life - she is a most contented and cheerful little kitten! She loves whatever food I give her (or Tobie lol), she loves cuddles, she loves to play with everything except cords(!!! that's a dream come true after Fiver!!), crawls around my breakable stuff without disturbing it contentedly, and loves the other cats unconditionally. She'll sleep anywhere, but prefers it to be on or near Mum. She is not much of a purrer though, which in such a happy cat, seems weird.

But we do have our problems. She is not happy to share her kitty litter with Jackie (she doesn't want it either), and hers must be spotless at all times (another sign of an excellent upbringing, she's used to top quality care), but I have a monster cat named Tobie who finds it essential to make his mark on ANY litter, even though he goes outside. So we've had some misunderstandings about acceptable toilet spots. But only when I am not up to being sufficiently conscientious, so I can't really blame her.

I am absolutely torn apart with red inflamed and itchy scratches - if I could do that photo thing I'd show you - from ankle to knee, (I am actually allergic to cats Belly laugh )  because climbing Mummy is such a fun and easy way to get to her lap (those injuries are through the sweatpants!). But she seems to understand now that she can't do it that way anymore and is trying other ways of getting up to me.

She is a very pretty cat, quite a bit like Jasmine in the face, though her ears and those tuffs are smaller. She's very dark, but not black, with swirls instead of stripes like most tabbies, and it's grey and cream. She's fluffy but not as fluffy as a purebreed longhair.

I am looking forward to how she ends up looking, because it could go either way - from black and silver to chocolate and cream! There'll be 3 colours all told, no matter what, but which 3?  Wub

These are the fun of kitten ownership - watching her grow, and change, seeing her personality form. Iguess it's similar to raising any animal, including the human variety. That, I was never brave enough to try!  Whistle
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 am

I grew up with many dogs (mom was part of the professional circuit of AKC shelties), cats, and other animals, but I'm happy with just my two cats at the moment.  I love seeing everyone's animals, whatever they may be! Sunny

Our Furbabies - Page 8 O9fj
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:03 am

Half Flower 

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Fetch?id=308689&d=1307588651&type=full
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Dear Justie,

I am so sorry to read about Fiver.  He had a special place in my heart because he was the example you always used when you were giving me advice about mine.  He is missed, and you are in my heart.

But I am delighted you got a little floppy moppy Molly Dolly.  She sounds wonderful.

The week after we returned our little banshee kitten, we took Elder Kitten to meet the babies.  There were 3 possibilities; husband and I were deciding between two.  Or so we thought.  Third Kitten (who had never paid us a lick of attention in our previous visits) promptly settled in the carrier for a nice cozy nap.  Elder Kitten huffed a bit and acted annoyed, then flopped down herself and took a nap with her.  So Third Kitten chose us.  We've had her for about 2 months and she's been integrated into the family since that very first nap.  We never had to separate them or anything. 

Third Kitten has encouraged some less than fabulous behavior out of Elder Kitten, so they're both learning proper manners again, but overall, OH MY!!! I never knew having two cats could be so amazing!

Last edited by pippi on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing skills are poor)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:28 pm

How wonderful for you. I wish I could do that with my tribe. Take them for a look at the offerings so to speak. Mind you, getting even two of them to agree on anything is damn near impossible. They are clear about one thing. 

The girls don't like Molly. But they tolerate her so long as she stays away from them. She loves them all! Tobie started out quite liking her, they share food even! But the last couple of days she's been getting on his nerves a bit because she wants to play fight and chew on his tail. This is largely because she is very easy to train and knows she cannot play rough like that with me. Poor Tobie lol

Then, just an hour ago, he took off out of the house to get away from her, and she followed him straight out!! I'd never have known about it, if Tobie hadn't started complaining again. The little sod! She's not even 2 months old, and she's staying inside for 6, but evidently, kitten proofing the exits starts now.  OH!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:11 am

JustTheFacts wrote:How wonderful for you. I wish I could do that with my tribe. Take them for a look at the offerings so to speak. Mind you, getting even two of them to agree on anything is damn near impossible. They are clear about one thing. 

The girls don't like Molly. But they tolerate her so long as she stays away from them. She loves them all! Tobie started out quite liking her, they share food even! But the last couple of days she's been getting on his nerves a bit because she wants to play fight and chew on his tail. This is largely because she is very easy to train and knows she cannot play rough like that with me. Poor Tobie lol

Then, just an hour ago, he took off out of the house to get away from her, and she followed him straight out!! I'd never have known about it, if Tobie hadn't started complaining again. The little sod! She's not even 2 months old, and she's staying inside for 6, but evidently, kitten proofing the exits starts now.  OH!

Hehe, she sounds like quite a character  Laugh

Didn't Jackie take her under her wing paw though?  Or am I getting that wrong?  Hmm...
    Lion
    Lion

Post by Lion Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Cats_grow_in_trees_in_canada
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:28 am

Half Flower 

what our rescue babies are really saying to us ...

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Bd700a08beaab6b17ec6ef2bf4f25183
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:56 pm

My husband (especially) is still mourning the loss of our calico, Callie.  I'm thinking a calico kitten would be a wonderful Valentine's gift for him, and look what I found!
    Our Furbabies - Page 8 00V0V_1pNL8JVSAfy_600x450

Oh my gosh, isn't she PRECIOUS?! Wub  I don't know if I'll be able to get her -- it would mean some traveling, and I don't even know if she's still available, but oh my gosh! *squee*

Darling daughter, if you're reading this, do NOT mention this to your dad!  It's supposed to be a surprise, and it may not actually happen! *stern look*

orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:05 pm

genkicoll wrote:My husband (especially) is still mourning the loss of our calico, Callie.  I'm thinking a calico kitten would be a wonderful Valentine's gift for him, and look what I found!
    Our Furbabies - Page 8 00V0V_1pNL8JVSAfy_600x450

Oh my gosh, isn't she PRECIOUS?! Wub  I don't know if I'll be able to get her -- it would mean some traveling, and I don't even know if she's still available, but oh my gosh! *squee*

Darling daughter, if you're reading this, do NOT mention this to your dad!  It's supposed to be a surprise, and it may not actually happen! *stern look*

OMG !!

how gorgeous !!

wishing you success ... MUCH SUCCESS !!

sometimes another love is way to mend a broken heart ... in time anyway..

((( HUGS )))) to hubbie .. is no pain like it ... sniff
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:20 am

Well, my sister came visiting (just dropped in from 500km away), and took some photos of Molly, 8 weeks old.

She was being uncooperative - but at least we could find her, the rest turned invisible the moment they heard Jane's high heels.

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Molly_14
    And another...
    Our Furbabies - Page 8 Molly_13
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:16 am

Esme, I thought I had posted how adorable your pups look in their sweaters but, stupidly, didn't hit Post.  Now I will!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:51 am

And a couple of photos of my beauty queen Ninja, a cat that morphs into a witch's familiar at any thought of trouble  Big smile

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Ninja_10

And then,

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Ninja_12
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:04 am

So adorable Justie  Smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:36 am

So many pics!   genki....she is beautiful....did you get her?

JTF.....your cats are influenced by these games we play!

In the USA,  we grow fruit on trees   Belly laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:33 am

Oh well, yes, so do we Aussies, I think it's Canadians that grow them on trees. Aussies prefer cats of a more demonic nature. 
      Black catDevil  Drool
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:24 am

Sable wrote:Esme, I thought I had posted how adorable your pups look in their sweaters but, stupidly, didn't hit Post.  Now I will!

Thank you, Sable. I love my furbabies to the moon and back. Our Furbabies - Page 8 Cartoon-moon-hearts-and-kisses
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 am

The people that had the calico have never responded, so I'm guessing she's been adopted.  Ah well, I loooove that pic, just looking at it made me happy Smile

Speaking of which, more pictures, whee~! Happy bounce  Justie, your little Molly looks like a bengal (and I don't think I've EVER seen such round ears on a cat! OH!  ), and Ninja certainly is a beauty queen!

orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Half Flower 

Our Furbabies - Page 8 4d80b4a795fab7075cbbe74fe244980b
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Our Furbabies - Page 8 Bigges10
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:50 pm

I've seen Hercules before -- that is a massive Liger! OH!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:51 am

So happy!

Am sitting here on the pc watching my little baby Molly in her special kitten-sized, decorated for her taste (her blankie and assorted soft toys), sleeping happily away, with Schizi in there beside her!! Happy bounce 

I saw the whole thing. Schizi deciding, yup, she did like the kitten's box, nice and close to mummy and all cozy. And in she settled. Along comes kitty, she looks, she peers, eventually she stalks and steals into her own bed without disturbing Schizi.  Laugh Mind you it's a very close fit - Molly's head is hanging out of the edge like she's waiting for the guillotine blade to drop!

They look so sweet together... Wub
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 am

*dying for a picture*!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:58 pm

No pics of mine yet - I can't remember how I got those from the phone to the pc to the cloud to here?  Dunno

But this video is sooo Tobie (the fat Bengal)! He looks almost exactly the same, Tobie already finds the vacuum cleaner fascinating, and come tucker time, he always parks his fat butt in front of the pc monitor and demands a grooming! I am so gonna try this!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=349943845163347&pnref=story

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm