Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:48 am

Esme wrote:Here's another sequel that made me wonder if it's ever happened. Sadly, I don't remember the exact title of the first one... it was a voodoo one in Louisiana and I remember the bonus chapter was in the middle of the game, which got some people's feathers all ruffled... and at the end our character got trapped in a well. And that's where we were left. Anyone remember that game? And if we ever got out of the well? 
    Dunno

Did you call Lassie?  

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 Lassie911
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:01 am

*snort*

I'm not sure that even Lassie could save that game.. LOL!

ETA: Voodoo Whisperer is the name of the game. Okay
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:49 am

Doing the bonus section of 13 Key and feeling the need to headsmack myself and use a cuss word, so I'll spoiler text this next bit.

They had to go and do something stupid, didn't they?:

Thanks. I would like to say I feel better now, but that was stupidity of epic proportions!  D\\'oh!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:49 am

I am drawing a total blank on that game. It is in my Purchase History. Now I cannot remember
    if I played it.
    Does it have ONLY 13 Keys?

As regards your spoiler---yummy!! Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:59 am

There are 13 keys, but you find them in bunches of 4 with a bonus big bad key at the end. It's your standard "deal with a demon, save the stupid people, why can't they figure this out on their own?" game. 

Like I said, it was okay, but after True Fear, it didn't measure up, you know?  Rolling Eyes
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Esme, was the game you were talking about called Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend? Your game description and that title are ringing a bell.... 

Never has been a Part 2, as far as I know.

I finished Dangerous Games: Illusionist and I thought it was a very good game!

I'm getting ready to demo MOTW: The Heart of Desolation and hoping I have enough willpower to hold off buying right now. (Or until I find a second CE)
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Yup, that's the one, DJ. I guess our intrepid heroine is still stuck in the well. Oh darn. 

Just started Weeping Woman or something close to that title. Not in the mood for it. I need something happy. 

Or scary. Yeah. Definitely scary.  Shock
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:10 am

I am tackling Taken Souls: Blood Rituals. Its not scary, but it is challenging.
    It took me awhile to figure things out--like what that blue pen was for, but now that I have gotten into the hang of it I am quite enjoying it.
    You have to solve a murder set in France and of course lets arrest the first person you see.
    Our intrepid Detective suspects more and someone is thwarting him.
    Also, those spiders seem to have a thing for police officers.
    You have an evidence board, Journal, map and the Blue Pen, which is more like a glowing
    wand which helps you find fingerprints, which turn into credits so you can buy stuff to help
    your investigation.
    I really enjoy the "old time" setting, its more Adventure with some HO's thrown in.
    A good SE.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:04 pm

I've just finished Myths of Orion: Light from the North (Developer--Cateia Games) and it was a wonderful game!

Yes, there was a kingdom (and a king), a curse, a bad dude, and some potion making involved.

The storyline was good and the graphics were absolutely stunning!
    Although the hidden object scenes were not interactive, there was a variety of them...lists, silhouettes, bubble/circle HO's, and you will revisit a few scenes.
    The narrator's voice (at the beginning), I loved his voice!
    Puzzles ranged from easy to downright hard.

The instrumental soundtrack was awesome. Maybe a noticeable loop every once in a while. I say this because I was stuck in HO scenes (numerous times) and I hate to click the Hint button, so I had a chance to really listen to the music.
    I was also stuck solving some of the more difficult puzzles. In case you're wondering, the Hint and Skip work well. Laugh
    I only used the transporter map a couple of times. I think it's a hotspot locator, but it's not a good one.
    Achievements and Collectibles!! (In a SE, yay!)

I picked this game up as a DD a few months ago and I will recommend it based on the high graphic quality and the challenge of it.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi all!

I have come to announce my newly elevated station in life!

BEFORE I was just a nerd, now, with my newly discovered ambi-dexterity, I am now a certifiable techno-geek!

You are reading the work of an ambidextrous mouse user, who uses both a left hand mouse and a right hand mouse SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Happy bounce Belly laugh  and it is fun!
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Hi all!

I have come to announce my newly elevated station in life!

BEFORE I was just a nerd, now, with my newly discovered ambi-dexterity, I am now a certifiable techno-geek!

You are reading the work of an ambidextrous mouse user, who uses both a left hand mouse and a right hand mouse SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Happy bounce Belly laugh  and it is fun!
    Half Flower

Okay

Beer Beer Beer
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

So, does this mean you can play 2 games at once? Stars
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:39 am

I am playing MOTW: The Heart of Desolation

If you have not played and are planning on playing: this is a rant that might be a spoiler
    without getting into details Huh?

you shoulda seen this coming: I did!:

Its happened way to much in games, I wish I could take a frying pan to the head
    of some of these characters.

You Dragon Lovers should like the visuals in this game.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am

Gosh, haven't checked in for awhile. Crazy stuff going on in RL.

Hello Everybody!! Big smile

I did finish Dark Dimensions: Red Vines (CRS, so don't remember the title, but I do love Red Vine Licorice!) Big smile  The game was okay...very easy and silly storyline. Nothing really memorable.

I also finished Greed: Forbidden Experiments. Glowing-green-eyed-baddies-in-black-wetsuits aside, it wasn't a bad game and I liked it!

I'm playing Off the Record: Art of Deception now. As usual, love Eipix's games because they are a talented group of developers. I do wish they'd create a true D&E game...just once, maybe?

For that matter, I wish someone would create a real D&E game. I'm looking at you, True Fear developers!    And still we wait for a Part 2............. Yeah right

(When RL is stressful, I like playing a D&E game!  devilish grin  I guess I'll have to go through my old stock and see if I can find something to replay)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:42 pm

dj       Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 Animated-smileys-hello-29

I,  too,   played Greed.    It left me with some questions:

for those who have not played it but should,   I do not want to spoil it for you:

I wonder if there will be a follow up to this game,   or like other games,  that will be all,   folks!

I am playing Mystery at Neuschwantstein......say that 3x's  fast.    It is a challenging
    game and you'd better like a lot of dialog  at the beginning.
    The voice overs are good,  except for our main character,   the intrepid journalist Sara Hamilton.
    Everyone else has an accent  (German?),   while she has this slightly nasaly,  bland expressionless
    voice.    I almost  passed on this game because her voice was boring me!
    I stuck with it,  it grew on me, so got it with a pcc and glad I did.     It is not an easy game,  
    you really have to use your nogging, and I actually have to use Hint for the HO's.    
     I want to solve this mystery.
    There is some sort of Bonus after you play.

Hope everyone will be back soon and are doing good.

Well, this game and the accents. Seems like One has Italian accent, the others, maybe
    German or some other accent I cannot name but enjoy listening to them talk.

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm sure it's a German accent, luvto, since Neuschwantstein is in Germany. I have actually been there many, many years ago, and it was gorgeous. Though the walk up the mountain to get to it nearly killed me. Really lovely place.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been around much. I've had a rough patch. You may remember my photos of my dogs... a boy and girl. My boy had cancer for the second time, and his care was taking up a lot of my time, though I didn't mind. He was my special boy. I had to say goodbye to him last Thursday, and I haven't been in the mood to talk or do much of anything. 

I did play the newest Mystery Trackers to distract myself. I have to say that it was fairly dumb, but I enjoyed it anyway. I must say that I'm sad that they definitively made our character a woman. I always got a kick out of the mystery of our character's gender. The plot of this one was ridiculous, as was the mystery monster dude, but really, I gave up expecting or even hoping for realistic anything in these games ages ago. 

So... rock on Owl Man. You do what you've gotta do.  owl
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:22 pm

The accents in that game seem--I don't know. Like they are loosing their accents!!
    Weird. I am getting a kick out of the one woman, Beatrix. She sounds like she has
    a British Accent.

I am sorry about your dog. I do remember you saying he had cancer. How is the girl dog
    taking it? They suffer just as much, I know.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 Goodbye-tears-smiley-emoticon

Rough week for a few of us. My (ex) MIL died suddenly. She was 83, but to my knowledge
    in good health. 2 Days later, my (ex) FIL died. We knew he had health issues, so it
    wasen't unexpected, but still quite a blow. I never thought of them as exes, unlike my
    definitely ex-husband.
    My Niece (My BIL's daughter) has been posting family pics on FB, so that's been nice
    to see.

I hope you feel better soon.

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:22 am

Since when has Detective Dreamy fraternized with the enemy? iwin are selling Gold Bug CE! I am horrified! Not only does he have a lady friend, now he's wandering off who knows where!

Overreaction
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:29 am

Oh! I am so sorry to hear about your little boy esme! It's so hard to let them go. I hope you have who/what you need to help you get through. Hug

(still can't figure out why I keep getting dropped off the D&E thread! Weird)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:31 am

luvtoread wrote:So,   does this mean you can play 2 games at once?  Stars
    Almost ltr! gives a whole new meaning to point and click adventures!

And I keep finding myself using the 'wrong' hand for things.  Huh?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 am

Esme, my heart goes out to you over the loss of your dog. Hug

luvtoread, I'm so sorry to hear about your in-laws. Hug

Gosh, it really has been a rough week. Half Flower

Ok, I can't pronounce Neuschwantstein (evidently can't spell it, either) but I'll surely demo it after reading your review, luvtoread. 

As far as new games go, nothing looks very interesting right now (to me). Haunted Hotel: Eternity is scheduled for release Saturday.
    I think I'm headed towards a game slump, so now would be a great time to catch up on my books!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:36 am

I must warn you Mystery of Neu-whatever is a tough game to play. I use the hints a lot!

esme--MT-I thought Owl Man was cool, owl but the culprit was easy to figure out.
    Also, I could not help but notice the bosoms on Mama.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:04 am

I have 2 game credits I'd like to use buy a CE (or possibly 2 Silly face  on Monday while the weekend's sale codes still work, AND I get the pcc for them, but can't decide from my long list of CEs I must have... I'm weighing in in favour of Mystery Trackers - that's an absolute buy, but it doesn't have to be right now, but that's true of them all I guess. Then there's Cadenza 2. But then there's all 4 of Eipix recentmost games... Stars
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks for the warning, luvtoread. I haven't gotten around to the demo yet, but hope to sometime today.
    I don't mind a tough game as long as I'm having fun while I'm stumped. I usually get aggravated then bored if I'm not enjoying the game.

Developers----I just can't stress the importance of a good, strong, cohesive storyline and also, the placement of HO scenes and puzzles/mini-games. If the flow isn't there, the game has a tendency to get pretty darned messy with too much reliability on the Hint button to figure out what to do next.
    Just sayin'. Smile

Justie, no help here because while I have the new MT, Cadenza 2, and MOTW, I haven't played them yet. The way I figure it is, you can't go wrong with an Eipix or Mad Head game!

I'm playing Beyond the Unknown: (CRS) and glancing at the percentage I've already completed, it'll be a mighty short game unless something drastic happens. Rolling Eyes
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:25 am

Lol, I got sidetracked!!

I turned on my computer to find out about this "Listeria" that's causing recalls of certain ice cream products. Sounds like a very serious, some kind of food/dairy bacteria.
    I've never heard of it, so I'm off to do a Google search.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:57 pm