Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by luvtoread Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 pm

esme-  I had forgotten I had played that game until I read your rant-which is more
    interesting than the game itself.   Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Luvto- I was personally insulted by this game. I know I shouldn't take the games' stupidity personally, but this one got to me. 

It was so wrong. So stupid. So willfully incorrect... I just. UGH!

I may need to breathe into a paper bag for a minute here.  meh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:37 am

For those who don't like to venture too far from the safety and sanity of the D&E corner, here's the latest Beta offering from my In Tray.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/30788/phantasmat-behind-the-mask-survey/download.html

What's this now? Number 4?

Phantasmat: Behind The Mask

I gotta say that does seem to be even more than averagely psychotically stupid, esme!

I have actually met Billy Shakespeare - seriously! He had a one hit wonder in the 70s and faded into obscurity, as it happened, just down the road from me. lol. I don't actually know what his real name is/was - 20 years on, everyone still called him Billy.  Laugh

I have completed the Hidden Expeditions 2nd run through the Smithsonian, and I found it more confusing than anything. I never quite had a handle on the then-and-now of it. And the puzzles were harder. 

Am enjoying the Dawn of Prosperity one more, can do the puzzles  OH! Belly laugh

Doing it bit by bit rather than in one sitting is diluting the experience though, but I am exhausted after playing an hour at a time, so all at once just ain't gonna cut it!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:18 am

I don't even know if I want to try a new Phantasmat. None have even come close to the first one. 

I'm playing some goofy Halloween M3 where you decorate a garden. It's silly and utterly mindless, which is just what I need right now. I just wish something awesomely creepy would show up for Halloween.

I'm sure it's too much to ask though. 

Spooky bats
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Okay, since no one is here, I'll talk to myself.  Belly laugh

I decided to DL and play Drawn 2. 

This game is several years old, and it STILL is better than a lot of the crap that comes out now. Makes me sad actually.  Cry
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:03 pm

hi esme-lately its just been you and I.   Drinking buddy   I agree,  the older ones do seem to be better
    than our recent offerings.   I came upon a puzzle in HH:CDW  and still have yet to
    get through it.   Need brainpower,  and do not have too much of it at the end of the day.

Today it was really cold out,  so I bought and started playing  Mystery Castle:  The Mirror
    Secret.   Not sure what it is about that game,  but I just couldn't stop playing.
    "Your"  daughter,  Jessica-kind of weird looking,  but oh well,-  gets kidnapped by some
    bad dude named  Gotto?,  Grotto?.    Anyway,   she is obviously under some magic
    influence-you can tell by the swirling blue-green around her,  and you have to get through
    paintings.
    With each painting you come across a ghost who got trapped by Gotto-man and you
    help them and they give you a mirror shard so you can do it all again in another
    picture.
    It is rather repetitious,  but somehow addicting.
    The morphs are tough to find.   None of this moving your cursor around till it finds it for
    you.   Some of the ones in the HO scenes are about impossible to find.   I had to go to
    You Tube for help.      Not sure why I bothered as I know I missed a few already in the
    beginning.

JTF-I started playing Phantasmat.  Its not so bad.   HE 2-I found the best thing to happen
    was having my partner knocked out.    I mean,  he couldn't even figure out the door
    was locked and would just look at you while pulling on it.
    I really enjoy those fact cards.

Hope others post soon.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:42 pm

At least we have each other, luvto!  Hug

Is Mystery Castle at BF? I haven't seen anything there I've wanted to buy, especially since the sales have sucked. I might give it a try... as long as there are no black smoke monsters. Blue and green swirl monsters are different and okay.  Snicker

I didn't get too far in Drawn 2. It's been a laundry/vacuum/scrub/dust/polish/decorate for Halloween kind of day. I didn't cook anything though, and now I have to work some magic (not the black smoke kind) to figure out what to take for lunch tomorrow. Good thing there's yogurt in the fridge! 

Hugs and Hellos to anyone who is lurking. Luvto and I will keep the ball rolling!  Drinking buddy
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:44 pm

I got MC at BF  a few days ago on sale,   Deal of the Day.

I also just picked up Gizmos:  Riddle of the Universe.   I really enjoy nanograms.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:35 pm

I actually tried the Ashley Clarke one - I like the first one of the series. It's something I think you'd like esme. you too, probably luvtoread.

It is very very old style HO/Puzzles. 

The graphics are seriously dated, you pick up batteries to gain hints - no other way to do it. Very little action between the HO/P. You basically do a puzzle, get item A, use A in puzzle 2, to open up a HO scene.

Very interactive HOs, visited twice, second it is a silhouette style. puzzles nothing new. But well done. I found them a bit hard. They include some arcade-style ones, which were the ones I could actually do, which is a reversal of the norm. 

Oh, the shadow is white! And contains a huge spider who kidnaps the manager of the Zoo, while you're trying to interview him about the dead body beside you.  Laugh The gorilla is cool and nobody's pet. And the security guard is too scared to help but he does hang around long enough for you to play cards with him in order to get the keys.  Belly laugh

I'm enjoying it.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm lost. Who/what game is Ashley White? 

And any game with a gorilla gets at least a trial from me!  Happy bounce

Thanks for the recommendation, Justie. 

I will have to look for MC, Luvto.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:37 pm

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks! I looked it up and downloaded the demo. I also downloaded the demo of the Flowers of Death one. 

Sort of plugging along on Drawn 2 and am working on my stupid Halloween garden for the Queen. I can't explain the addictive nature of M3s where I get to build or decorate things. I think I have issues.  Happy bounce

It been a busy week and I didn't have much ME time, but today is cold and rainy and hubs is napping so I made some cheesy cauliflower tots with stuff we got at the farmers' market this morning. I've also been puttering around on the computer and playing a game here and there. It's actually been fairly relaxing!

I hope everyone here is doing well, having fun, relaxing, and eating good food. I miss you all! Hug
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:48 am

I spotted this beta over at the pond forum.  This is one series most of thought would die
    out ages ago,  but,  you,  esme,  predicted it would go on---and you  were right!

We\'re Unworthy!

[url= Puppet Show 8: The Face of Humanity BETA (363,07 MB) - www.bigfishgames.com/games/8970/puppetshow-the-face-of-humanity-survey/?pc]Puppet Show 8: The Face of Humanity BETA (363,07 MB) - www.bigfishgames.com/games/8970/puppetshow-the-face-of-humanity-survey/?pc[/url]

not quite sure why it came up twice   Huh?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:00 am

I was just wondering a couple of days ago, when looking for a game to try, if I had the final Puppet Show or not. Guess not! Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:34 am

luvtoread wrote:I spotted this beta over at the pond forum.  This is one series most of thought would die
    out ages ago,  but,  you,  esme,  predicted it would go on---and you  were right!

We\'re Unworthy!
    Cash cows get milked way longer than regular ones.  Cow-moo

If people would stop buying them, they would stop making them, but that ain't happening.  sosad
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 am

Anyone else cave in and buy the new MCF game? I did. I'm weak, though it feels too early. I sort of feel like I should wait until Thanksgiving to play it since that's when they used to come out.

I probably won't though. The beta was good and, like I said, I'm weak. LOL

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 40 Weak

-------

https://genkisgamegab.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3190

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am