Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:38 am

djrum wrote:
    I'm getting ready to play Sable Maze: Twelve Fears.

I thought it was more like Sable Maze: Twelve Yawns. I hope you like it better than I did. I never even finished it.  Rolling Eyes
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:23 am

Lol, Esme! Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't thrilled with the Twelve Fears CE demo. I actually thought it would be a scary game when I seen the title.
    But I needed to use a PCC and opted for the SE.

I think the Dad and his daughter are airheads. I'm just hoping for good gameplay.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:58 am

I could not believe it.  I bought today's CE  Spirit of Revenge:  Elizabeth's Secret on sale using
    yesterday's HUGE  code  (it is 5:47 am,  on the Eastern Coast.  I know Seattle is 3 hrs behind)    Not sure when they'll fix that.
    The game really hooked me.  Someone has kidnapped Edward,  your ward,  the son of an
    obnoxious Earl and friend of Elizabeth.
    They kidnapped him to get revenge on Elizabeth for a particularly heartbreaking reason.
    If I didn't get the CE on sale,   I would have waited for the SE.   I am glad I do not have to
    wait.
    The puzzles really are not to bad-for ex:  putting things back in their places.  
    Not mind bending,  but not frustrating.
    Your helper is Francis Drake--a childhood friend and a bit of a rogue.   Easy on the eyes.

I also finally  bought DP: Rapunzel's hideous singing game,  plus I redl/d  Cursery,  which
    I really enjoyed the first time and am enjoying again.
    So,  I am a happy gamer.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:46 am

Sable Maze was a disappointment.   I did like the previous ones.

Check out the beta thread.   Maze: Subject 360  is good.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!         Happy bounce       Chicken Dance         Party         Fizzy Hearts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 8cA6aEB6i
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Hooray for you, luvtoread! Now you can play more games!

I enjoyed the other Sable Maze games, also.

I will get today's CE, Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret. I'm going to wait for Saturday, see what the CE will be...hope for a BOGO sale...wait until Sunday because I'll have 2 game credits by then.
    Or, I'll just get Spirit of Revenge.
    But...if I do that, I'll be lacking 2 punches on my PC and I'll never find 2 more games before the end of the month.
    Gosh, I'm thinking I may have to wait until next weekend.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am

Was it here, ladies, that I first heard of Christopher Lee's passing? He came up in conversation today and it was suggested I You Tube his recital of The Raven.

So I did. Then I did a very silly thing. I listened to his reading of The Black Cat. Now, I've probably read this story sometime in my past, but don't remember it. I do remember I really enjoyed the ERS game - enough for me to actually join Big Fish so I could get more like it.

OMG! The story is AWFUL!!!!! But I couldn't tear myself away from the horrible images it provoked!! It's just as well they watered down the game. I would have been too freaked out to play it!

I'm thinking I'd best take the valium before I try to sleep - I'm surrounded by cats, including a very formidable black cat. I'll be watching my manners with them all, that's for sure. Belly laugh

(Not to mention -  BUMP! in the night will no longer be "just the cats" after The Raven!)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:42 am

Thanks to you  JTF  I went on You Tube and listened to Christopher Lee read The Black CatKiki\'s Gigi

That is a horrible story,   but I could not stop listening!!    Similar in theme to the Tell Tale
    Heart.

It has been a long time since I played the game.   Hmm.....may have to replay.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:16 pm

I just played Eventide: A Slavic Fable... a beta I received today. The link is in the beta thread.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I give them credit for doing something different. We don't see too many Slavic-themed games, but I think I'm going to need some insulin. It was so sweet and cutesy and just BLARGH! The little chipmunk/goat/Pinocchio/boy thing made me want to barf. 

Try it and see if I'm over-reacting. I could be. You know how I am.  Yeah right
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Sweet and cutesy?    hmmm.....

I played the new game  Spirit of Revenge.    I really enjoyed it,  but I ran into a glitch near
    the end of the Bonus.
    After seeing 6 pages of tech problems in the review,   I guess I was fortunate not to have
    had any sooner.     Someone else mentioned they had the same glitch I ran into.  You give
    something to a ghost,  he suppose to give you his hankie,   but you just land up with nothing
    and having a staring contest cause nothing is happening.
    I finally hit Hint,  it sent me to another spot,  but I need the hankie to give to the suspicious
    woman,  which I do not have cause ghostie-man is gone after taking my artifact.
    Thief!!!!    call the police! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Animated-smileys-occupations-013
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:15 am

UGHHHH!

I went back to try and finish 12 Yawns. I hate wasting games. However, it still is boring and totally sucks. 

Gah! SOS! Sigh Cry
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:25 am

You Went BACK IN???    You never go back into a burning building or a boring game!!   Laugh

When the Bonus Looked like it would be repeat of main game,  I called it quits.

I am replaying Cursory and enoying it.   A  lot I actually remember,  but had forgotten about
    exactly how the story went.

It's going to rain,   rain,  rain.   So,  I can play,  play,  play.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I've finished Sable Maze: Twelve Fears and I liked it! No bonus play for me because I got the SE and I think it was worth a PCC.

I'm a little hesitant to get Spirit of Revenge 2 with 7 (soon to be 8) pages of tech issues. People are getting angry now. Why is it that they always threaten to cancel their membership? Do they actually believe the CEOs at BF are shaking in their boots? Huh?  (I'm pretty sure they're NOT)

Most likely, an update will be issued since so many people are having problems, but it will probably take some time. Chill out, people, no point in getting angry about it.

Certain people are upset that a TM game is the CE today. Yeah, I was disappointed. I don't play them cause I don't like them.
    But, there's no set rule that says the CE has to be a HO game.

Oh well, I'm gonna hang with Dreamy Detective #1, Dupin, and see what happens with Marie Roget. He even gave me my own badge! LMAO!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:30 pm

OMG Why is this game so boring?????   Overreaction
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:29 am

That's  what we love about you dj--your big heartedness when it comes to less than lovable
    characters.     Belly laugh

Have fun with Dreamy Dupin.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:16 am

Lol, well...that was a short game!! I finished it last night and I never finish a game in one day!

And I'm a slo-poke player! Laugh

Decisions, decisions...Should I get Spirit of Revenge 2 and hope to be able to play it or wait?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Have you demoed it yet?   Of course,  no guarantee that it will not glitch up on you after
    you buy it.
    hmmm....I know I am no help.   Rolling Eyes

I have been buying some DD's,  games I thought I had but I had just demoed.   So I am playing
    Tales of Terror:  House on the Hill.
    I am really enjoying it.
    Its the one where they go on a Haunted House tour,  and they get trapped by the house
    which feeds on its fear.  Of course,   there is the required black fog,   but some one is
    definitely behind it all.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Yes, I demo'd it and didn't have any problems, but yep, that doesn't mean a glitch won't show up later on. I've decided I'm going to wait. I would've paired it with Grim Façade: Blood & Gore, um...don't really want to get the CE, though.
    We may get a super-cool Memorial Day sale or something next weekend. Now, if we would just get some good, playable HO games.

That's what I've been doing, too, luvtoread. Playing DDs and SEs I've picked up. I did load Rite of Passage: The Lost Tides and started it today.
    And I did enjoy Tales of Terror: House on the Hill.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:00 pm

I am still playing 12 Yawns and I want to stab this game in the knee with a fork.Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Angry_emoticon_by_blink18chu I actively hate this game. I just 
    All apologies to Bob Marley:
    This game sucks and it won't end and I hate it but I won't let it get the better of me so I'll finish the stupid thing even if it kills me, which it might.Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Angry-smiley
     Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Anger
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Here is esme---Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Animated-smileys-bad-evil-021               Laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 am

Good Grief, I don't know where my mind is these days!

I meant "4th of July" sale!

I ran into the "plane" glitch in the bonus of Rite of Passage: The Lost Tides. Rolling Eyes  I'm almost sure this is one of the games showing an update in my Game Manager. I d/loaded and installed from my Purchase History, so maybe I didn't get the update.

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I reinstalled Witches' Legacy: Slumbering Darkness to see if I can get past the "robot arm" glitch. Rolling Eyes 

I'm glad I decided to wait on Spirit of Revenge 2 because evidently, I don't need anymore glitchy games. Rolling Eyes
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:14 am

I started playing Whispered Legends:  Tales of Middleport,  another one I bought from
    DD.
    I really do like it.  I just got to the gypsy/fortune teller.  I love when they tell me the
    obvious.
    First she knows "I"  have seen this fog with a face.  Tells me I have to do something
    about it.    Well,  that is why I was sent there--I am the fog slayer.    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 32 Th?id=JN.HbqY0qoGX35Jo8eZsWzlIA&pid=15
     "I sense that these disappearances are related to the fog"   Ya think?   Rolling Eyes
    Reminds of my Troi  from Star Trek: Next Generations.  Her "feelings" and "senses".

dj-is there a circly thing on your GM to show that there is an update?  I was under the
    impression that if an update was done,  just installing it after the update would work.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:48 am

Lol, luvtoread! A fog slayer yet again! I think I've played the game, I'll have to check.

I thought the same thing about an updated game. All you have to do is install it after the update. In that case, it still glitched out on me. I will restart it (not right away) and try to remember to collect my coordinates before boarding the plane. Once you get on the plane, you can't back out of the scene. It is a progression blocker glitch.

Thank goodness for Genki's List of Game Developers! According to BF's FB page, the 2 CEs due out are:
    Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World End (by Brave Giant who also did Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story, which I loved!) Beyond the World End doesn't sound right, I'd better recheck the title.

Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne (I do like this series, even the "helper")
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:26 am

Ha!  You two crack me up! 

I finally finished 12 Yawns (though it was more like 12,000 Yawns to me) but there is no way in heck I'm going back in for the bonus section. I have already deleted that mess from my computer! 

I took the bait and got the Grim Facade: Hidden Sins game. You know what? For an ERS game, so far it doesn't suck too badly. It actually is a little "grimmer" than their usual fare. I'm sure it will get stupid really soon, it IS ERS after all, but so far, I sort of like it. Though that could be because I just finished that horrid game that shall not be mentioned again.  Yawn
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:44 pm

It's Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End. Yep, that sounds better! Big smile

Grim Façade: Hidden Sins is a dark game (for an ERS game). Since you took the bait, Esme, I may get the CE.

But...I know ERS used to be one of my favorite developers. Playing their games for the last 2 or 3 years, for me, have been a disappointment. There is no logicalness, whatsoever, in the gameplay. I get stuck often cause things just don't make any sense to me. Not because of the difficulty of thinking things through, it's too convoluted of a storyline to begin with...and it proceeds to get worse the longer I play.
    And all the helpers, gadgets, etc. get tiresome after awhile. I find most of the gadgetry (in any game) a PITA to work with.

DH and I just watched Jurassic World. Oh. My. Gosh. Fantastic movie!! The special FX were out of this world and blew me away!
    And the ferocious dinosaur sounds coming from surround-sound theater speakers...I loved it!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I went to see Jurassic World yesterday.   Really wished I had seen it in 3D-that really would've
    been awesome.
    I felt bad for the British Babysitter!!    HOLY   Cow-moo

Bryce Dallas Howard was good.     I would say this one was as good as the first  (despite,
    or maybe because of,  the similarities).     I miss Jeff Goldblum,   but  Chris Pratt makes
    up for it.    Wub

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 pm