Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:01 am

ditto to all of the above dj!

I loved Urban Legends! The first time I played it, when it was first released and wrote one of my strongest possible recommendation in my review. Then, later I found I couldn't get into it again. But the bathroom scene stays with me forever.

And I must admit I was a little miffed with Eipix about Final Cut - excuse me, we already have one of those style HOPA Laugh .

I am so glad you loved Graven, because I went out and bought it (pcc) on your earlier comments.  Hug

I ADORE Midnight Mysteries. Edgar Allen Poe was the most wonderful surprise of my (gaming) life. Up until then, I was mostly exposed to flat monotone repetition offered in GH. What an eye-opener! So that led me to google EAP and games, and sure enough there was Felix to steal my heart away  Wub. My last loyal deed to GH was to use all of my game credits was to buy all the MMs from there.

I agree, the developer change has not detracted from the series at all.

And this thread always cracks me up!  Okay Laugh

And about kale. I found it in my online shopping site, so ordered some. Then, doctor, who still lurks, saw our posts and informed me it was in our back vege patch all those years ago when we lived together lol!!  Embarrassed

As can be seen, green is not my colour!  Belly laugh

But I try...

HNY
    heart flowers Happy New Year Everyone! heart flowers
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:08 am

djrum wrote:You guys are cracking me up! Belly laugh

I'm another one who really liked Urban Legends: The Maze and wished there was a Part 2. Big smile

I have finished Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy and must say, it's a very good game! Bravo, Orchid Games, for a storyline and gameplay that held my interest throughout the entire game!

Yay, Midnight Mysteries: Ghost Writing due out this week!! I love this series even after the developer change. Happy bounce

The other CE (according to BF's FB site) will be Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge and I did enjoy the first game.

Happy New Year's Eve (and a safe one) to Everybody! HNY

did you see in the forums the developer asking about the thumbnails?    I left a comment,
     though I do  not remember the thumbnail.

To bad the CE Sale is today.....especially if these CE's are good.   That is the only way I will buy.
    I still have not bought the new Vampire Legends.    It did not grab me the way the first one did,
    but I still want it.  
    Just because.

JTF:    I once remarked that if I lived out in the country and the police found Marijuana in my
    yard,   I would get arrested when they asked if I knew what it was because my answer would
    be  "Its weed".  Oops!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:34 am

luvtoread wrote:
    djrum wrote:You guys are cracking me up! Belly laugh

I'm another one who really liked Urban Legends: The Maze and wished there was a Part 2. Big smile

I have finished Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy and must say, it's a very good game! Bravo, Orchid Games, for a storyline and gameplay that held my interest throughout the entire game!

Yay, Midnight Mysteries: Ghost Writing due out this week!! I love this series even after the developer change. Happy bounce

The other CE (according to BF's FB site) will be Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge and I did enjoy the first game.

Happy New Year's Eve (and a safe one) to Everybody! HNY

did you see in the forums the developer asking about the thumbnails?    I left a comment,
     though I do  not remember the thumbnail.

To bad the CE Sale is today.....especially if these CE's are good.   That is the only way I will buy.
    I still have not bought the new Vampire Legends.    It did not grab me the way the first one did,
    but I still want it.  
    Just because.

JTF:    I once remarked that if I lived out in the country and the police found Marijuana in my
    yard,   I would get arrested when they asked if I knew what it was because my answer would
    be  "Its weed".  Oops!
     I actually DID have wacky tobacci in my back yard once. When I moved into the flat, I saw it and all could think, was "They've left a marijuana plant here? They must be out of their minds"  Belly laugh

I am one of those people who have had doctors recommending it for helping me go to sleep. But I am allergic to it and it sets off my asthma. Do you know how hard it is to be a cool teenager in the 70s without smoking the damn stuff? I got really good at rolling joints and finding excuses to go outside. Belly laugh

Alcohol doesn't agree with my either. So I'm sort of a boring date!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:36 am

I hate the smell of it... turns my stomach, so obviously I've never tried it. Just ew. Not a huge fan of alcohol either, so you know I'm a fun date too.  Rolling Eyes

I'm dying for any of you guys to play Midnight Mess and make sense of it for me, cuz I'm at a loss. 

Currentlly I'm fighting off NYE blues. I get them every year. It never seems to live up to the hype, at least in my world. Eh. Oh well, tomorrow is another day... and year! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 Animated-smileys-new-years-eve-051
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:43 am

and... I need to hear this every year... so much childhood... so many memories

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:18 pm

I LOVE BARRY  MANILOW   Heart Wub

When I was visiting my daughter in San Diego,  California there were neighbors who,
    at 3:00 pm on the dot every day would start smoking the funny weed.
    I would just sit outside and sniff.    Never smoked or inhaled.  Sniffing was enough 
    I came  back to NY  quite  mellowed out.      Ohm  

I would not know how to smoke anything......well,   except a woodstove.. Laugh

esme--I find the hype is better on TV than it is in real life.    Its never been a big
    deal for me.
    Sorry about your Midnight Mess.    I must say,  your rants make it sound interesting.

I am almost finished with Melissa K and the Heart of Gold.    I really do recommend
    it.    Its more adventure than HO's and you do need that hint button.
    The characters you meet are interesting.....like a ghost that wants to eat you???
    The old monk who speaks in riddles but kind of grew on me.
    For an SE it really is good. 

Not sure if its on Genki's list.    I need to check.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:28 pm

Melissa is on my list too!

Oh and Castle Secrets is just a F2P that's actually $7, and now you can play all day  Big smile

Is just like the real thing. Strange characters wandering around, and you have to kill them in order to get in? or was it out? Anyway the objective of all this staking and shooting silver bullets is to open up locked HOPs and, and, and... Well, from I saw, that's it really. As I say, F2P format completely. I liked it enough though, to buy it.  Okay
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:34 pm

luvtoread, I didn't catch the "thumbnail" question from the developer of Graven. I just went and had a look.

You know, I don't really pay attention to the thumbnail of a game unless it looks especially like a game I wouldn't enjoy.
    I always go by the demo to see if I like it or not.

I knew I wanted to play Graven from almost the very beginning of the demo. I am a sucker for good graphics and music. Laugh And it's a SE with CE qualities! (No Bonus, but heck, the game itself took me 3 days to complete and I'm talking putting in some game time now that the holidays are over)
    I didn't use the Hint button. I'm not sure if the map is transportable because I walked it, I was having too much fun!
    I found all my mosaic pieces, but not all my mistletoe--mistletoes...whatever the plural is. Big smile

I hope there's a CE sale this weekend. I have Vampire Legends 2 (not played yet). I'm worried about all the tech issues associated with it. I don't think it's going to be near as good as the first one.
    I've started the new HE game.

I was just sitting here thinking, it's so nice to be able to talk about all the different games with other people who enjoy playing, too.
    Hardly anyone I'm close to in RL plays them, so I may as well talk to the wall if I'm going to bring up the subject of HOPA games.
    I don't think they quite understand my addiction to these games! WillworkforGAMES

ETA: Then again, I don't understand the need to post every little thing I do on FB either.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:15 pm

dj---I agree.   It is nice to have others to talk to about our love/hate relationships with games
    Hug 

esme----I hope this makes your NYE a little brighter:

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 10882223_886635844701804_4588299327393037975_n
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:55 pm

You know what, Luvto? That helps. It's one of my favorite NG quotes and I needed to hear it again.  thankee
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:23 pm

You know what?  New Year's is just another day.  I've never been into mingling with people I scarcely know, so the idea of a New Year's Eve party has absolutely no attraction for me.  Every New Year I have the same tradition -- be in bed and asleep well before midnight! G\'night!  Wink

That being said I hope that every has a very happy and safe New Year's, wherever and whatever you may be doing! HNY
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 0a95e5eb0e72bc2a0b737fb7f4b9f766
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:40 pm

Awww, how cute, Esme! Hug

You see where I'm at...HOME! And DH is already asleep!! Just another day for us, too! Big smile

I'm too old for the "party" scene and I'm not much of a drinker, anyways. I prefer to stay home, it's safer.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:42 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

HERE IS TO SOME (HOPEFULLY)  DARK AND EERIE GAMES:

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 Creepy-skull-smiley-emoticon

FOR WEIRD PARK GAMERS:

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 $%28KGrHqJ,%21qwF%2199T4LjfBQUJ5MgKVg%7E%7E60_35
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:39 am

Because I am an idiot and a glutton for punishment apparently, I decided to play the newest Grim Tales game with everyone's favorite clueless clan. Oh, Lord save me because it starts with a family reunion! The Grays and the McGrays all together in one stupid game!  Overreaction

Okay fine.. I knew what I was getting myself into and I'm taking that into account HOWEVER... I was just playing a HO scene in a bear cave where one of the directions is 
    Probably not a spoiler, but I'll hide it anyway just so you all have the thrill of discovery!:
    Which you have to do, even though it is the single most asinine thing you could possibly think to do in the situation. Seriously. I can think of nothing more foolish to do than  
    unbelievably stupid thing to do:
     Poke with a stick

Best part? Once you do the unbelievably stupid thing you earn the BRILLIANT IDEA award! 

Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Overreaction faints Big No No

Last edited by Esme on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speeling korreshun)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 am

Two thumbs up Two thumbs up Two thumbs up Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh Oh I needed that right now Esme! Thanks!  Thank You

The cats had a real nasty cat fight. Guess I can't wing it without the Feliway. Ran out about 3 weeks ago, kids were still behaving well - but obviously it is one of those products designed to create a permanent money spinner.

So thanks for the happy!  Elk grin
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:57 am

Glad I could help, Justie. I'm still sitting here giggling in disbelief myself! I think it was the award that pushed it over the edge and into surreal territory for me. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 Bear-267

Hope the furkids are okay!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 9 Black_bear_riding_bicycle_lg_nwm
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:05 am

Oh yes, definitely the award! lol. Let's face it, you'd have to be a freaking genius to think of doing that in a life-threatening crisis! Talk about thinking outside the square!!   spit take

The cats appear to all be fine. The guilty parties Jacky and Tobie have been unnaturally nice to each other of late, without their chill juice, I guess it was just all too much. 

But we are all shaken and upset and I hate that most of all. It's a rare thing for cats who live together to hurt each other, but it plays havoc on everyone's nerves.

Oh well. Payday yesterday, so at least I don't have to wait to buy the stuff!  Miser
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:24 am

I'm glad the kitties are doing okay!

I'm still whiling away my brain cells with this game. So dumb. So funny!

I'm sure they didn't intend the game to be hilarious, but it definitely is!  Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:26 am

I remember that game! Oh my..even our Aunt Jane character is kind of clueless....the
    diary reads like she can't figure out why these things are happening and how exciting it
    is to be visiting them. Always an Adventure. Rolling Eyes

Tell me if you figure out where the Niece comes from. I remember the BIL and Sis,
    nephew Brandon, that's the only kid they have, but then there is the Niece who
    doesn't seem to belong anywhere, unless she is the Fruit of the overly close
    Brother and Sister's (Elizabeth and James?) loom.
    I remember comparing them to the Flowers in the Attic brother and sister. booklover

Glad your getting giggles out of this wonderous family.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 am

OMG I was just coming in here to say how creepy-close James and Elizabeth are! I've sort of got the heebie-jeebies from them. EW!  EEK!

I actually had to shut the game down a bit. It was freaking me out. I'm sort of rooting for Thomas, to be quite honest. 

I've no idea where the random niece comes in. Been trying to figure that one out, though frankly, I think I didn't play that installment of Psycho Werewolf Family.

Maybe DJ knows. I think she has played all these fabulously sensible games too.  Happy bounce
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:57 pm

The niece came out of nowhere in that Bloody Mary game--the one where the eggs with
    the eyes made you laugh.

I think there will be more future random relatives coming out of the woodwork
    just to keep this weirdly Grim family in the game.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:11 pm

I just discovered that her name is Jackie. That's all I know. Sadly, I know I played Bloody Mary and I think I actually liked it, but I don't remember a bit of it! 

Senile much?  Snicker
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Well, that was rather anti-climactic. I'm guessing the bonus section will add to the Thomas story... but that would probably make too much sense for this series.

To play it or not to play it. Hmmmm?  Hmm...
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:08 pm

I cannot for the life of me remember anything about the bonus section.

I need you to play and enlighten me. Cow-moo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 pm