Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:03 pm

All right, Esme, I've just posted MY recipe for Orange Fudge (just tried this variation out for the first time, and it's fabulous!), and I'm sure you can just add some raspberry flavoring instead of the vanilla... Probably the same amount - 1/2 teaspoon or so - since I think that the raspberry is probably stronger than the orange.

Our Christmas was FANTASTIC! What an amazing day we had!  YayPresents  Christmas wreath  carol
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:34 am

Thank you for sharing, Genki! It sounds totally easy to do. I like that in a recipe. LOL!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:54 am

Oh boy, that fudge does sound delicious! And I've certainly had my fill of fudge, cookies, cakes, pies, and so forth. It feels like I've gained about 20 pounds in the last 3 days! Laugh

Our Christmas was very nice, too! My sister and I are going to be hitting the stores today for some after Christmas sales. Whew...like I haven't had enough of shopping already. Rolling Eyes
    I do have a few gift cards to spend. Too bad BFG doesn't sell gift cards.

I have demo'd the new HE and I will be buying it. I loved the previous Smithsonian game.

I've started Graven and I think it's a very interesting game based on what I've played. The quality seems to be above par with not a lot of HO scenes and the scenes I've run into are varied.
    Collectibles and achievements are included.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:41 am

I finished playing Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy last week.  It is pretty good and at
    times challenging  (trying to figure out what I missed!)
    I just bought the new Hidden Expedition --so glad there is another sale today.

Your going shopping??  Shock
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 am

Bless you guys going shopping. I'm still in my pjs. It's the first day I actually feel like I'm on vacation. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 4780584a

I'm downloading Weird Park. We shall see how it goes. 

I'm going to pass on this sale today. I have SO MANY games I haven't played yet, let alone still haven't downloaded. I need to cut back a bit until I actually play a few of them.  Yeah right
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:22 am

So far Weird Park III (Is that the Wrath of Kahn in WP games?) is pretty decent. It makes absolutely no sense, but that's okay. I didn't expect it to. How much sense can a game about evil jester clown puppets in outer space actually make? Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Evil_Clown_Emote__by_k_ossuburb

I'm hoping to finish it today and give my final report. LOL! I know you are all waiting on tenterhooks for that.  Belly laugh

Amybody else playing anything fun that you could recommend to me?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:30 am

I just finished HE:   Smithsonian Castle.   I must admit I really like the cards with the
    info on them.
    At one point I thought I was looking at Darth Vader.   Another time I knew my character
    was running because of the big hands in front.

esme--I have never played any of the WP games----evil clowns give me the creeps.
    But your description has me curious......I think!

I have been meeting my goal of finishing games  (heck...when I have days off in the winter,
    staying on the couch and playing games is my one goal I can accomplish!)

Well,   I was finally finishing up Forest Legends:  The Call of Love.   Its not a bad game,
    but as I was playing it I remembered one of   dj's post   that said something like:

I don't want to do Potions anymore
    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Th?id=HN.607997108426900481&pid=15
    Do not play FL.    There are lots of potions to make.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:21 am

Snape meme FTW!  Belly laugh

I, too, am over the potions-making in games. Still, I'd rather make potions than do the one where you add and pour liquids to get to the right amount. I always skip those. Hate 'em. 

Luvto, I wouldn't worry about being creeped out by Mr. Dudley (that's the bad clown's name) he's tiny and totally puntable. I imagine myself punting him pretty regularly. It's highly therapeutic. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Football-punt-smiley-emoticon

Again, the game isn't bad if you don't go into it expecting things to make sense. Some of the puzzles are fun and the HO scenes aren't the hogpile type. I appreciate that when they do add HOs they make them different. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Smileys-pig-625824 If I never play a straight-up HO scene again, that will be just fine with me!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:00 am

Yep, luvtoread, went shopping AGAIN! This time, I went shopping for ME! Big smile I was like Esme, I needed a new pair of jeans only I couldn't find any with "Butt Lift Technology"! Laugh

What in the world happened to a basic pair of blue jeans? They're practically gone. I definitely don't want "skinny" jeans. I honestly don't think I could get my foot through a pants leg. OH!
    And what's with "Jeggings", really? They are a pair of leotards made to look like jeans. Oh, I would imagine they are comfortable, but where's the warmth? It gets pretty cold around here during the winter and I, for one, like to be warm.
    My friend has told me there are "fleece-lined" leggings available which would look really cute with a longer sweater...but then I'd have to go out and shop for an appropriate pair of boots.
    A pair of boots I could only wear with skinny jeans or leggings. Rolling Eyes   Geesh!

Yes, I hate making potions in games, blech! barf If I never have to make another potion, it'd be fine with me. I did play FL, luvtoread. It was an okay game, but the storyline was a little too romantic-ish for me.
    Oh, I just ran into one of those "pouring & measuring" liquid puzzles, blech! barf It got a big SKIP from me, too! I did try to solve it, I poured this way and that way and over here and over there. I poured so much I forgot in what order I started. Huh?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:07 am

Belly laugh Belly laugh djrum, luvtoread, esme

I actually quite like potion puzzles, although some of the more complex ones drive me nuts. 

As for the volume splitting thing, I know the answer to it! To all of them really - I know the mental steps you have to take to get there.

And I still have to skip! Because I never remember the steps when I need them, lol!  OH! Gah!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:17 am

lol, Justie! Laugh I do get the measuring liquids puzzles right every once in awhile. It's kind of like those "sliding the tiles around to form a picture" puzzle. I can get those right every once in awhile. Big smile

I think what my problem is...I have to start off correctly in the first place. If I don't (and most times I don't), I have a jumbled mess on my hands. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:20 am

LOL DJ I know what you mean about jeans, though now that I've lost 100+ pounds, I wear those skinny jeans and jeggins. OH YES! I'm still not skinny, but what the heck? I can wear them now, and so I DO!  Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh

I'm still dragging my detective all around the fun park. Had to make a potion, but I have decided that I will use the hint button if I want to. I couldn't find one of the ingredients or something, but I'm not going for collectibles or points or a score... I just want to get on with the game. 

I've got to be close to then end though. I'm at some funky castle in the clouds. *insert Cosette singing* and usually a castle means it's time for the big finish. 

Luvto, I usually look up the volume splitting thing and it seems so simple in the SG, but my brain won't let me come up with the solution on its own.  Shock
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:23 am

LMAO, Esme! Laugh Mr. Dudley is totally puntable!

I just love those Weird Park games! Wub
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:28 am

Yup, that's why I have no problems with the eeriness/clown fear for those games. He's too small to be scary or creepy or even moderately disturbing.

He's puntable!  Yahoo!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:29 am

Esme wrote:LOL DJ I know what you mean about jeans, though now that I've lost 100+ pounds, I wear those skinny jeans and jeggins. OH YES! I'm still not skinny, but what the heck? I can wear them now, and so I DO!  Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh

Wow esme! You are my total hero! Wub I desperately need to lose about 66 pounds, and am going nowhere fast at achieving it. Do you have any secrets?

I actually have a couple of jeggins, because my weight is strictly in the body & they do look remarkably like those really really tight jeans that only catwalk models can wear.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:34 am

JustTheFacts wrote:
    Esme wrote:LOL DJ I know what you mean about jeans, though now that I've lost 100+ pounds, I wear those skinny jeans and jeggins. OH YES! I'm still not skinny, but what the heck? I can wear them now, and so I DO!  Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh

Wow esme! You are my total hero! Wub I desperately need to lose about 66 pounds, and am going nowhere fast at achieving it. Do you have any secrets?

I actually have a couple of jeggins, because my weight is strictly in the body & they do look remarkably like those really really tight jeans that only catwalk models can wear.
    I ended up having surgery, and also totally changed/made over the way I cook and eat. Almost no carbs, lots of lean protein, very little red meat, protein shakes for breakfast...  It's been about a year and a half, and it was the best thing I've ever done for ME. 

I love my jeggins even if I do sort of have chicken legs now. GO CHICKEN LEGS! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Cool%20chicken%20dance
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:34 am

I've always been just a bit underweight, but those skinny jeans legs look really skinny and I've got size 8 feet.
    I do like the "stretch" jeans and they are very comfortable.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:41 am

8 is like a totally average foot size, so you probably look better in the skinny jeans than you give yourself credit for.  Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 am

I have had chicken legs all my life.    At least they are strong from all the walking I do,
    plus yoga and weight bearing exercises.     Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Th_dancing-chicken
    About 4 years ago I decided to give myself a present and got laser lypoplasty.
    After 4 children there was no getting rid of that fat in the middle and I got sick of
    feeling dumpy.
    I feel like you do,  esme--best thing I did.

dj--I also am a size 8 shoe.    Just don't wear clown shoes and you will be alright!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 6 Th?id=HN.608020851011488070&pid=15
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:38 pm

LOL I've also had to learn to cook differently which has been interesting. Asking my family, who has been very supportive, to eat a bit differently was a big challenge. We still don't have it worked out right. Mom's idea of a healthy dinner at Christmas was ham (which I can't eat) German potato salad (which has bacon) deviled eggs (which I hate) and chips and cheese.... nary a veg or fruit in sight. 

But, I'm making some kale chips now, and I have some fruit and yogurt. So it's back to semi-healthy food for me. I can't wait!

But I swear. if my mother asks me if I "massage my kale" because that's what they do on The Chew one more time, I may scream. I'm making CHIPS.... I don't want my kale soft! LOL
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:49 pm

lol~ Y'all are small fry -- my feet are size 9! Elk grin

I was just talking to Bloom on Steam's IM, and realized that I don't have most of you friended!  Here's a link to My Profile if you'd like to friend me, and Bloom said I could link hers, so here's BloomingLilac's Profile, as well Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:58 pm

"Massage your kale"?    Are you running a spa for veggies,  cos I've been vegging out on my
    couch and could use a massage.    Belly laugh

I will check out Blooming Lilac on Steam--will have to let her know its me as I have a
    different name.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:37 pm

I told her your Steam name, luvto, although she might not remember ;p
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Awww, now I wish I was a Steam member.  Cry

Um, Weird Park III just ended but didn't end and now I'm in an entirely different setting with an entirely different baddie. Did they do some weird repackaging for BFG or something? It feels like I went right into a bonus section. Hmm...
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:23 pm

The deals are really much better at Steam.  They only carry CE's (where applicable) and I've seen them go for LESS than $1! (like the Empress of the Deep games for 74 cents each.)  Right now a bunch of IHOG's are going for $1.24 each.  Plus, if you get the games from one of the indie bundles (like the Artifex Mundi games) $1 will get you at least 3 games!  You're already dealing with Big Fish's GM, which is a PITA, and I like Steam's much better nowadays!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 am