Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

djrum
    djrum

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by djrum Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 pm

I do have Greed: Forbidden Experiments. I have the first Greed, too, and I enjoyed playing it. That's about all I remember. Laugh

I also have a few games on my "to buy" list and I'll probably want the 2 CEs coming out:

Fear For Sale: Endless Voyage (may settle for the SE)
    Cadenza: The Kiss of Death (a for sure buy)

These games are listed on BF's FB page and of course, could change if something comes up.

I would certainly like to see a BOGO sale this weekend, BFG, especially after today. OH!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:34 am

Where on BFG's page did you see that they are doing away with Punch Code Monday's?

A new Fear For Sale? I love that series!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 am

It's in the Treasures of Rome forum under "bonus punch Monday" since there isn't anywhere else to post anything over there unless you play FtP games. (and after sorting through all the spam that shows up late at night and early in the morning before BFG's personnel get to the office)
    I didn't see any banner yesterday advertising the Bonus Punch Monday deal, either. 

I know BFG is a business and can/will do whatever they want. But, I do believe that NOT informing your customers earlier was a bit underhanded.
    Also, I'm not too sure if it would've been announced at all by BFG. An observant gamer happened to notice and comment on it.
    Gosh, as soon as a moderator responded with something like "We'll have to look into that", I had a funny feeling Bonus Punch Mondays would be gone.

Yes, of course BFG (Under new ownership) is perfectly free to do/experiment with however they decide to conduct their business. Fresh, innovative ideas to bring in new members, all the FtP games developers want to develop, it's all good and boils down to how much money they can rake in (as with all businesses). Fine & dandy.
    For me...it means no more punch card strategy because I won't be buying as many CE games. Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:08 pm

I agree, an e-mail would be nice, they send us ones about games, why not about decisions
    affecting customers?
    As long as they continue to have CE sales, I know I will buy. I cannot help myself. Big smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:33 pm

I'll still buy CEs because I can't help myself either and I enjoy playing games too much to give it up.

I will slow down on CE purchases. TBH, it's getting harder and harder for me to use my PCCs before the expiration date.
    I looked at my notes and for the month of April, I have 3 PCCs. I used one of them for DT: EAP's The Mystery of Marie Roget.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 am

Hey folks!  Get Shadows on the Vatican - Act I: Greed for FREE at IndieGala here -- Just enter your e-mail address (you don't have to have FB), do the Captcha, and the key will be e-mailed to you Sunny
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 pm

Well, I just finished Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties (SE) and IIRC, definitely NOT one of Esme's fav games! Laugh

It started off great. Okay I thought the little Hint angel was very cute, after I got through being annoyed by her because she didn't quite fit into the darkish storyline of this game. I'm merrily playing along--good graphics, puzzles, music, etc.
    About midway through, there were so many places to remember and things to do in those places, I finally looked at the map...and I see it's not a task indicator map. OH! 
    And because I never play a game in one sitting...I was endlessly clicking the little angel to "show me the way" as I kept getting lost. (I think we're BFF now) Laugh She takes a brief nap and giggles when she wakes up, it's so cute!
    The locations on the map are kind of small and I practically had my nose to the screen in order to see them properly. Note to Devs: Since we didn't get a task indicator map, you should've had the little Hint angel "fly" to the map and point out the active places. It would've been a lot faster. Just sayin'.

All-in-all, not a bad game, but a bit convoluted and messy towards the end.

Edited: It is a transporter map, but it is not a task indicator map. Sorry about that, folks. Embarrassed
    And...I just demo'd Fear For Sale: Endless Voyage...and bought it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:46 am

Goodness, I don't have any willpower when it comes to games. I thought EleFun Games was the developer of the Fear For Sale series and I had to check Genki's "List of Developers" (again) to make sure. I do enjoy their games, so it's understandable/justifiable for me to have absolutely no willpower this time.

I still hope we get a BOGO sale this weekend. Hmm...what's my mantra again? Geesh. Huh?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:54 pm

dj---Your mantra is

hypnotize      Game Sales Are Good a Time To Buy

I really,  really  hope there is a good CE sale this weekend.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:58 pm

You're so not helping me overcome my gaming addiction, luvtoread. Laugh

It's pretty bad when I'm looking at my Purchase History and can't remember if I've played Off the Record: Art of Deception. I know I've played a game with artwork in it and before y'all say, "Well, of course you did, you just played Painted Beauties!" I am not talking about that game. Laugh

Okay, I've decided on what games I will buy or won't buy--

1. First off, no helpers. I've grown kind of tired of them. There are only a few I don't mind...and I have to say, WTH Elephant Games? Elf can't dig anymore?? I mean, he is a dog and I do think he should lend a paw or two when needed. Huh?

2. No gimmicks (Elephant Games, you're batting about 0 with me right now with the "sight" gimmick in your latest MT and Elf, who doesn't dig). Heck, I quit demo'ing and when I went back a couple of days later, I forgot how the "sight" thingy worked. OH!

3. No potion-making. It's boring, tedious, and I hate it. meh

4. No more fairytale games. I've had it up to here...with them. Oh, I know everyone was complaining about the darker games (And they still are. I'd like to know where they're at myself because I would be buying them if I knew). Now, we got the fairytales. Granted, some are good...but I'm sick of playing them. Yeah right

Keeping those guidelines in mind should curtail my game-buying. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:00 pm

djrum wrote:Well, I just finished Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties (SE) and IIRC, definitely NOT one of Esme's fav games! Laugh

It started off great. Okay I thought the little Hint angel was very cute, after I got through being annoyed by her because she didn't quite fit into the darkish storyline of this game. I'm merrily playing along--good graphics, puzzles, music, etc.
    About midway through, there were so many places to remember and things to do in those places, I finally looked at the map...and I see it's not a task indicator map. OH! 
    And because I never play a game in one sitting...I was endlessly clicking the little angel to "show me the way" as I kept getting lost. (I think we're BFF now) Laugh She takes a brief nap and giggles when she wakes up, it's so cute!
    The locations on the map are kind of small and I practically had my nose to the screen in order to see them properly. Note to Devs: Since we didn't get a task indicator map, you should've had the little Hint angel "fly" to the map and point out the active places. It would've been a lot faster. Just sayin'.

All-in-all, not a bad game, but a bit convoluted and messy towards the end.

Edited: It is a transporter map, but it is not a task indicator map. Sorry about that, folks. Embarrassed
    And...I just demo'd Fear For Sale: Endless Voyage...and bought it.
    You are right, DJ. I hated that game. In fact, I never finished it! I wanted to punch the angel too. The giggle drove me nuts!  La la la!

I have not played anything this week. I have been so busy at work that I haven't had time for anything fun. The last one I played was Marie Roget and needless to say, I should have known better. What a dumb ending. At least IMO. 

Not sure what to play next... might just hang out with the Fishdom fishies for a while. I hope all you are having a good week and playing fun games and all that! Hug
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:51 am

Rain and rumbles of thunder, all night long and all day today. Yawn  Gusting winds blew one of the downspouts off our house. Rolling Eyes

I thought an Easter sale would start on Good Friday (today)? Guess not.

I'm playing the new Love Chronicles game. I've played all the others, so I'm hoping it's entertaining enough.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:51 am

We had rain all day yesterday too. Probably all night as well, but I don't know about that; I was asleep. 

The thing with BF is if you wait long enough they always have a sale. Just hang on... I'm sure it's coming! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 23 S_waiting_6
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:37 am

The thunder woke me up and I'm gonna drag-ass all day long.

I did beta a new game...Haunted Hotel: Eternity. I'm not sure what happened with Det. Dreamy, I didn't see him at all.
    Brief story...we are hired to act as a bodyguard for a professor who might've dabbled in some evil human experimentation. (I did mention a few things about the storyline in my Survey Questionnaire. I won't go into detail)

Anyways, things happen. The "villain" communicates with us via television monitors (reminded me of Oscar in Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome, one of my all-time favorite games!).
    There were some easy puzzles and I ran into one super-puzzle in my beta-demo time and I solved it, yay!

I liked the sinister atmosphere of what I played and I will purchase it upon release!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:34 am

The Sale is On!!    Big smile

I already know I want MT.     I  haven't demoed the new Fear For Sale,  so I am going
    to check it out.  Plus,   I do like the new  Puppet Show #157  so I am thinking on that.
    I have 2 Game Credits,   I like when I get to use them on CE's.

So,   the new HH  doesn't feature  Det.  Celebrity-Hound?   From your description,   it does
    sound interesting.
    Well,   I am off to demo,   buy and play.

And seeing the weather outside sounds    Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 23 Animated-smileys-weather-012, I will need snacks for my enforced game playing.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:07 am

Hooray!!! BOGO SALE!!! Happy bounce

I know I want Cadenza: The Kiss of Death and I'm debating between the new MT or the new Secret Order, both have helpers. I already have Fear For Sale: A Big Ship (can't remember the title). The demo was wonderful, I love their HO scenes and I couldn't help myself. Huh?

I only have 1 Game Credit, so I'll have to buy another credit.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:26 am

Let me see...hmm... Hmm...   yep...chocolate sounds good and I happen to have some. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:18 am

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 23 Peeps10Happy Easter, everyone! (Hey, I've gotta be me!)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 am

Laugh

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 23 Easter+Bunny+Humour+-+My+butt+hurts
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 23 Smileys-easter-812527
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:15 pm

djrum wrote:Hmm...over at BFG, I'm reading they're doing away with Bonus Punch Mondays although they are keeping the Bonus Punch Program. It will happen on different days of the week now.
    I agree with everyone who posted an advance warning would have been nice.

After going through my notes, I will lose a Bonus Punch using a PCC. I reckon I should've used it last Monday but I was waiting to see what SE's were coming out for the week.
    I wouldn't have had enough punches for a completed PC anyways, and in this case, I am glad I'm a procrastinator who didn't buy any games this past weekend during the sale.

Okay...onward I go to see if I can find a good/decent/playable SE game.

Hmmm, that's a pity!  I usually wait until Monday's, before buying my games.

Notifying their customers would be the decent thing to do.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Yeah, Frodo,  but that's not what they're about anymore, at least in my opinion. 

Right now I'm playing Surface: Game of Gods. Not sure how I missed this one, but wow, a few scare-jumps and creepily interesting premise! I hope it doesn't let me down at the end, but so far I'm happy! 

Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce Happy bounce
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:53 pm

You are SO right Esme.  More's the pity.  Yeah right

Need to give the Surface game a try - I like a good jump-scare  Elk grin
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Sad, isn't it? But the times we remember are long past. *sigh* It was fun while it lasted though!

Maybe I've just been playing crappy games, but this Surface one is enjoyable so far. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Ever played True Fear?  Excellent game!  Happy bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am