Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Eh, you go back in time to the mental hospital where Thomas is ensconced. I thought it might explain why he's bat-crap crazy, but no. Then at the very end the whole Gray/McGray clan shows up and gives him a big hug. So maybe it DOES explain why he's so bat-crap crazy after all.  Snicker

Then the extra secret bonus room is you finding art supplies for Thomas or he'll blow stuff up. So, you know, that's nice.  Two thumbs up
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:59 pm

D\\'oh! Sheesh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:15 pm

In an attempt to put a positive spin on things, here's my take away from Grim Whatsitsname:

Whatever I play next is going to ROCK in comparison! My expectations are pretty darn low at this point. Yay disappointment!  Happy bounce
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Nope, don't remember a thing!  Dunno

I gave up trying to decipher the Clueless Clan's family branch a long time ago. Stars  

I kind of tune-out the convoluted storyline. I just find HOs and solve puzzles until the end. Big smile
    I really don't even know why I still buy the games. Huh?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

djrum wrote:Nope, don't remember a thing!  Dunno

I gave up trying to decipher the Clueless Clan's family branch a long time ago. Stars  

I kind of tune-out the convoluted storyline. I just find HOs and solve puzzles until the end. Big smile
    I really don't even know why I still buy the games. Huh?

I buy them because they sound so much insane fun when esme plays them!  Belly laugh

But also, I am a compulsive series-collector. I seriously cannot not own these games, because they're in a series. The best I can do is buy the SEs not the CEs. And sometimes that doesn't even work, because it's Eipix, or some similar reason.

And that's all happening despite the fact that I haven't played a HOPA in about six months!

Crazy Chicken Dance Chicken Dance Crazy
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 am

It's not a big deal, DJ. As I've said, that family tree doesn't branch. I was entertained in this game, but probably not for all the reasons the developers intended. I sort of make my own fun as I play the games.  Happy bounce

The super secret bonus room was one of those "find multiple morphing objects" games. So basically you sit in each room waiting for all the suspicious hand fans and throw pillows to turn into art supplies for Thomas. Who... if he's making paintings that come to life and terrorize the family... WHY would we be giving him more art supplies? Yeah, yeah, he's got a bomb, but at this point wouldn't just bonking him over the head and disarming him be a bit more sensible? No.... let's give the guy art supplies. Yeah! Good idea!  Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:16 am

Now I am remembering the bonus!! (Not sure if that's good or bad Huh? )
    As much as I like MO's I don't think I finished that part.
    It was rather repetitive.
    I think it was in this games forum where someone is asking the dev's about
    the Gray and McGray's family line. No answer to that post Snicker

I am playing Final Cut the last one--the one with the cursed movie---people die when
    it is being made, but, oh well, lets just keep trying to make this movie.
    I will figure out who is behind this evilness
    While collecting little film strips, cause I can.

Its not a bad game, but I really like the one where we had to investigate the
    Death of a movie star.

I'm going to get Vampire Legends of Elizabeth Bat-something in her belfry with
    a GC. I just was not inspired to get the CE, even on sale.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:17 am

I used to be a compulsive CE series collector, but not anymore. Of course, it depends on which series it is.
    If I was disappointed with...say, the last 2 CEs of a series, I'll go for the SE the next time.

With ERS games, most times I get the SE.

With Elephant games, depends on if we get a BOGO sale. I usually want a different CE, so I'll pair it up with Elephant's newest CE release. Otherwise, the SE will suffice.

Eipix and Mad Head Games, no doubt about it, I'll get the CE for sure! And since I love Alawar's developers, I'll opt for the CE, if available at BFG.

I used the three Big E's of casual games as an example of CE versions vs SE versions.

This is the way I buy games and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings re favorite developers.
    I know what I like or don't like and still manage to get burnt on certain CEs. Big smile

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...there have been a good number of times I've upgraded a SE to the CE.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:13 am

I have sort of stopped being loyal to series games. I only got the GT one because they are stupidly, unintentionally funny to me. I'm a bad person, I know. 

My goal this year is to cut back on my game purchasing because I just can't and don't play them as often as I used to and then I'm always behind on games that you all have already played! 

Embarrassed
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Yes but you playing and commenting on games we've already played is very
    entertaining. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm here for the jokes!  Crazy

I just started the last Final Cut one. Boy is it scathingly mediocre so far.  Yawn I sure hope it picks up the pace/plot/interest or I'm not going to be able to finish it.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:05 pm

I am also playing Final Cut.   Not sure how far you got, but I cannot believe that

depends on how far you've got;  this is beginning of Chap 3:

Its ok. I love the artwork, but otherwise I hope you find something in it to make me laugh. Sherlock
    Cause it is kind of bland. Yawn
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:27 pm

It's almost aggressively bland. I can deal with and enjoy stupid games. I got a kick out of Grim Dimwits 4 or whatever it was. What i can't forgive is BORING which this game is so far.  Yawn
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Still boring.  Yeah right
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:46 am

djrum wrote:I used to be a compulsive CE series collector, but not anymore. Of course, it depends on which series it is.
    If I was disappointed with...say, the last 2 CEs of a series, I'll go for the SE the next time.

With ERS games, most times I get the SE.

With Elephant games, depends on if we get a BOGO sale. I usually want a different CE, so I'll pair it up with Elephant's newest CE release. Otherwise, the SE will suffice.

Eipix and Mad Head Games, no doubt about it, I'll get the CE for sure! And since I love Alawar's developers, I'll opt for the CE, if available at BFG.

I used the three Big E's of casual games as an example of CE versions vs SE versions.

This is the way I buy games and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings re favorite developers.
    I know what I like or don't like and still manage to get burnt on certain CEs. Big smile

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...there have been a good number of times I've upgraded a SE to the CE.

dj, we seem to be very much in the same wave length! I buy my games in exactly the same way you do (except I prefer to buy Alawar games in SE)

I haven't upgraded that much - but I sure did case in on that Mystery Trackers CE upgrade sale!!

I still love both ERS & Elephant games, but it is a rare one that puts up a decent enough CE content.

And esme, I am also like you. I must stop buying all these games I am not playing!

And, I don't know, does it add to or detract from the humour if I know what you're talking about?  Belly laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:22 am

My general rule for ERS is NOPE! And when I do give in and buy one, I'm usually disappointed. Yes, I'm looking at you, Midnight Mess

I'm not sure why I'm not loving Final Cut 3, but it's just so dull, dull, dull. I already know "whodunit" because really, could they have made it any more obvious? Seriously, I think my neighbor's dog who is half-blind and not even playing the game knows who the bad guy is!Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 10 Dog_wagging

(Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. My neighbor doesn't have a dog, but the point still stands... my neighbor's imaginary, half-blind dog who's not even playing the game knows who the bad guy is already.) Roger Ebert called it the  Law of Economy of Characters

It goes something like this:  
    I suppose I should spoilerize this just in case someone is looking forward to this game and doesn't know whodunit:

If it turns out he is NOT the bad guy, I will play an entire ERS game and not complain once!  Gah!

Last edited by Esme on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:25 am

Oh no"! He'll be the bad guy of course... right up to that final scene, where some totally innocent looking character turns out to be an evil genius who has set the poor guy up! For, of course, totally inexplicable and unexplained reasons.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:28 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Oh no"! He'll be the bad guy of course... right up to that final scene, where some totally innocent looking character turns out to be an evil genius who has set the poor guy up! For, of course, totally inexplicable and unexplained reasons.

That might happen in an ERS game. In fact, I'm sure it has.  Rolling Eyes

I just don't think this game has the spunk to try something that silly. Too predictable all the way along for a surprise twist.  Yeah right
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:17 am

luvtoread wrote:I am also playing Final Cut.   Not sure how far you got, but I cannot believe that

depends on how far you've got;  this is beginning of Chap 3:

Its ok.  I love the artwork,  but otherwise I hope you find something in it to make me laugh.  Sherlock
    Cause it is kind of bland.  Yawn

Just got to this part. LMBO! That would never, ever happen! I've seen Law and Order. I know better! LOL Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:33 am

I didn't buy/play ERS' Christmas game and I was still LMAO at Esme's rants! Belly laugh

I do have Final Cut, but I'm still playing Smithsonian Castle.

I demo'd MM: Ghost Writing this morning and didn't experience any tech issues, although I may run into some later, who knows?
    I did say "yes, go ahead" to the Direct X thing and made sure to uncheck the Bing Bar before installing.

I'll have to look for something to pair with it if I want to take advantage of the BOGO for $1.99 sale.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm going to pass on the BOGO sale this time. I'm still schlepping around the movie studio with stupid people doing stupid things.

But hey, at least I was right about who the bad guy is!  Rolling Eyes
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm with you on this one, esme. I am playing cause I paid for it. I feel like I am
    just slogging through this game.

To make matters worse, I am having D\\'oh! moments with the HO's. For those
    of you who have not played, this really is not a spoiler---more of a "don't be as
    dense as me" advice.
    In order to get the HO list., you have to find 5 of whatever's to open up
    what is hiding behind door #1 and 2.
    Anyhow, there were clubs to look for. You know, those 3 leaf clovers.
    Well, I found the first three, easy cause they were on cards. Then spent
    who knows how long looking for 2 other clovers.
    No....I needed to click on the 2 other cards--which were diamonds.
    I think my brain is mush.

I have not figured out who the bad guy is cause I just cannot seem to put the effort
    into caring. Yawn Its probably the guy in front of my face cause isn't that what we do in these
    games----running around doing the bid of the bad guy. Rolling Eyes

I need the help of your imaginary neighbor's half blind dog. My brain just does not
    care. I will finish this game cause I bought it (thank goodness on sale).

Oh, esme, did you understand the Phone Puzzle? I just finally looked for the answer
    in the SG. It went completely over my mushy brain!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:43 pm

You know, I've skipped a LOT of puzzles in this game for some reason. I can't tell if it's me or the game, but I just don't have any patience for them in this one. 

I'm near the end I think, and it's not getting any better. I guarantee you I will NOT be playing the bonus section. But I might need a drink.  Drinking buddy
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:06 pm

I'll join you Drinking buddy Fizzy Hearts
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:10 pm

I even had the bonus bad "guy" figured out. Gosh, this game was lame. 

Cheers, luvto! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 10 Animated-smileys-drinking-003Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 10 08%20drinking-smiley-11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 am