Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow Empty Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow

Post by genkicoll Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow
    by Elephant Games - July, 2013

Series links: Mystery Trackers 1: The Void, Mystery Trackers 2: Raincliff; Mystery Trackers 3: Black Isle, Mystery Trackers 4: Four Aces, Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow, Mystery Trackers 6: Raincliff's Phantoms, Mystery Trackers 7: Blackrow's Secret, Mystery Trackers 8: Nightsville HorrorMystery Trackers 9: Winterpoint Tragedy, Mystery Trackers 10: Paxton Creek Avenger, Mystery Trackers 11: Train to Hellswich, Mystery Trackers 12: Queen of Hearts, Mystery Trackers 13: Memories of Shadowfield

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow Mystery-trackers-silent-hollow-ce_feature

There are screams heard in Silent Hollow... Trouble at the Mystery Trackers headquarters means you're called in to help. With a few extra abilities, not to mention your trusty sidekick, Elf, you just might save the day!

Uncover the treachery of a centuries-old turncoat in this incredible follow-up to the bestselling Mystery Trackers series.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Learn Morpheus' secrets in the bonus game
    • Collect fun achievements as you play
    • Downloadable soundtracks and wallpapers
    • Bonus screensavers and concept art
    • Integrated Strategy Guide

For the Strategy Guide

Click images to enlarge
    Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow Th_screen1_Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow Th_screen2_Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:49 pm; edited 5 times in total

Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow O9fj
    Esme
    Esme

Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow Empty Re: Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow

Post by Esme Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:27 pm

First up, confession time: This is one of my favorite game series by one of my favorite developers so I may be just a tad biased.

However, I still think this game is amazing and fun and beautiful and humorous and I'm just loving it! I'm not finished, but I've probably been playing for close to three hours off and on... it's just great and it's making me enjoy HOPAs again, when I'd sort of gotten immune to their charms.

What a fun game!Happy bounce 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:54 pm

That is SO awesome, Twins! Sunny  I'm happy to read that you're enjoying it so much!  I have three of these to look forward to, as I've only played the first two~!  I've been wrapped up in books these past couple of weeks, but I'll be done with the one I'm on tonight, so maybe I'll be able to get back to gaming again, soon Smile

Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:46 am

Oh Wow! Delightful Excess!

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    This game is just awesome in every respect. I loved it from the intro on. But then, I am a great fan of the series. From a tension-filled and shocking start, we are thrust into a very realistic environment with excellent ‘action’ music, a confused cop, and a body. We soon learn that that James-Bond-style gadgets and paranormal abilities will be playing a large part in this action-packed game.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics are as good as they get, very realistic, precise, colourful and detailed. The intro cut scenes are movie-like and extremely well done, using light and shadow to disguise any lack of lip sync on the voiceovers (which are very professionally done), and generally using every movie trick to make the experience more realistic. The music is very successful as a ‘mood setter’, with active and insistent styles where appropriate, and totally different quietly anxious tracks as well. Great environmental sounds, as you’d expect.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    I love the fact that this story includes not only us, but also our boss and colleagues at the Mystery Trackers Order. A rogue agent, locked up 100’s of years ago in a cryogenic-style sleep, has escaped. Now every agent is in danger. The dude has serious paranormal talents, including hypnotism, which is felling agents all over the place. You are the only who is immune, and you must desperately seek out this guy and recapture him.

MAKING PROGRESS
    This is a top notch adventure-lite game, with plenty of action in the form of interactive list HO scenes and lots of mini-games and puzzles. Nothing is seriously difficult, a task lit is available, as well as a very detailed map that gives you active areas and jump ability. Hint gives you very specific hints.

A lot of the action consists of using your paranormal abilities, which are awakened at different stages in the game. You have Elf (your dog) to help you, and whatever else the agency can provide you with, i.e., gadgets, some of which give you more abilities.

BLING!
    This version has the agents, their pets/partners, and the gadgets that are to be found in the CE, but not the extras such as the gallery items and the ‘secret room’. These features are fun, and interesting, but while the main story ends satisfactorily, there are clearly gaps in the ‘dossier’ of agents that says there’s more to see in the CE.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    The CE is definitely the better buy. As well as the great game offered here in the SE, there is a totally independent investigation in the bonus chapter that uses a combination of revamped familiar locations and new ones, as well as new agents. There is also another game labelled simply “secret room”, which offers a unique experience. Unfortunately, I don’t dare say more or I’ll spoil it for others.

BONUS CONTENT
    From our LAST ADVENTURE, we have retained the services of our FAITHFUL COMPANION, Elf, who is also immune to the rogue agents MIND CONTROLLING weapons. We also have 3 PARANORMAL ABILITIES, which must be activated as we go - but I expect him to be there in the SE version.

Likewise, we will run into the victims along the way, and from them we COLLECT DOSSIERS on each agent, their PSYCHIC PET, and weaponry. How much is retained I don't know. So in total, we have 15 PETS in our menagerie. There are also DUCATS (gold coins) to collect for purchases in the 2 SHOPS, the agency one and  ELF’S SHOP.

There are dozens of TROPHIES too.

Also in the BONUS CONTENT we have the usual GALLERY ITEMS, plus the 2 SHOPS, the PETS, a SECRET ROOM, the SG and a BONUS CHAPTER (as well as 6 main game chapters).

I Recommend This Game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:31 am