Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Empty Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG)

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow
    by: Playpond

Series links: Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow, Mystery Legends 2: The Phantom of the Opera, Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast

Available at:
    Playpond
    Big Fish
    Gamehouse
    Iwin

Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Fea_2

All small towns have their secrets and stories, but none such as Sleepy Hollow, whose legends are most grim and gory. By day a quaint village full of sunshine and banter, by night a place haunted by hoof beats and spectral laughter. Explore Sleepy Hollow as never before, searching for clues into the
    ancient legend. But beware; each night the Horseman rides, he takes another victim. Unravel the Mystery before it`s too late…

• Eerie, absorbing locations.
    • Chilling clues and mini-games.
    • Uncover the deadly mystery!

Click images to enlarge
    Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Th_screen1 Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Th_screen2 Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Empty Re: Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG)

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43 am

I wrote this 2 years ago, when I had just started playing HOGs. It's not much, but consider it a place-saver. I'll redo it when I finish the others on my list Rolling Eyes

Classy HO For Fans of Pure HO

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Game Style: Strictly HO with a few easy puzzles. I liked the cursor hover silhouettes, and it’s just as well, because the hints are limited and this is a very hard HO. Very. At least I found it so. Being able to finish the chapter with a couple of objects unfound is a good idea.

Artwork: Delightful for its time. Clean and crisp. I liked that there was little distortion in the HO scenes. The voice over is so creepy I jumped every time I heard it. The intro and map are pretty basic and don’t indicate just how good the HO scenes really are to watch.

Story: There is no real story here; this is not an adventure game. But it held together well, and focussing each chapter on a single suspect was a nice twist.

Replay: Only if I was in the mood for strictly HO.

Flaws: The limited hints make the game harder than many would like.

Tips: Skip between locations when you get stuck in one. It may be you don’t need those last two to continue.

I Recommend This Game!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG) Empty Re: Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow (HOG)

Post by luvtoread Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:29 am

When this first came out, all I was playing was HO's. I loved this game. It was
    beautiful. I can never go back to straight HO's, but still remember this one
    with Two thumbs up 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm about the same, I could never go back to HOGs except for a rare few games and this is one of them. I like the Golden Trails HOGs still too. But as I never get around to playing games more than once every couple of years, now, occasional returns to HOGs are fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am