Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life Empty Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life
    by GameHouse - July, 2017

Series links: Please see the Delicious Game Series Index

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition /
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition /
    Steam as Collector's Edition

Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life 204160

Enjoy Delicious - Emily's Miracle of Life Platinum Edition, and become part of a very special chapter in Emily's life. Emily’s only just started her very own cooking blog, when she receives some wonderful news. She's pregnant! Curious to see how she'll combine all her new challenges? Play Delicious - Emily's Miracle of Life Platinum Edition now!
    • WELCOME THE NEW DELICIOUS FAMILY MEMBER and be a part of this heart-felt stage in Emily's life
    • PLAY 60 TOUCHING TIME MANAGEMENT LEVELS and 30 extra challenging bonus levels
    • GUIDE EMILY THROUGH HER PREGNANCY and witness her many ups and downs first hand
    • DISCOVER 6 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS and visit Emily's Kitchen, a Yoga Studio, a Day Care Center and other super cute baby-related places
    • HANG OUT WITH EMILY'S FRIENDS AND FAMILY and say hi to Angela, François and Allison, plus many others
    • CUSTOMIZE THE NEW NURSERY and surprise Emily with the perfect baby room
    • TRY NEW FEATURES LIKE DAILY CHALLENGES and take on a new challenge level every day
    • CREATE YOUR OWN DELICIOUS POSTCARDS and earn all the trophies to share special messages with your loved ones
    • GameHouse Walkthrough

Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life 1
    Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life 2
    Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life 3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life Empty Re: Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:39 am

Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life (Dash-TM)

A challenging Emily game with no option for difficulty.

Options include separate sliders for Music and Sound, Full-screen and Hints.

NOTE: The opening cutscene for level 51 would not play for me.  If you have the same issue, you can watch it on Youtube HERE.

Story:

The O'Malley's are expecting another baby at last, but how are they going to handle all of the preparation when Emily's cooking vlog is so popular... ?  Not to mention trying to keep healthy and being her usual generous and helpful self!
    Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life 9ACEF44E6D3640F52DCA2B438FCEF2E14BCAAA8B

Gameplay:

I had a hard time with the cursor on this one... I kept losing track of where it was!  Luckily, I found a solution!  Did you know that you can increase the size of your system's cursor?  I made a simple guide HERE for those interested.

The basic gameplay is the same as always:  Serve customers, make combos, find the mouse (on the story levels), earn coins to upgrade with and complete challenges.  Like in Message in a Bottle, story challenges don't happen every level, so you only earn diamonds on those levels, plus the actual Challenge levels.

Diamonds are used to purchase items for the nursery, and while it's fun to decorate, it's kind of irritating that you have to take a photo after every single upgrade. :p

As mentioned, this title is more challenging than many of the recent GameHouse Original Stories games; more reminiscent of the earlier Delicious games as far as difficulty goes.  Even though I am an experienced player and know that I need to work those combos to jack up the score, I had trouble getting 3 stars on multiple levels, especially at the final location.

So what is amping up the difficulty so much?  Mini-actions.
    Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life D8F34FFB9B1CAE91262B1264E8CE55A599247752

Periodically you'll need to deliver something that will need an additional action, such as clicking, swiping, rubbing the cursor back-and-forth, etc.  This wouldn't be so bad, except that sometimes you have to do three of these in a row to complete the mini, all while tracking other patrons' orders!  Between these actions and my trouble with losing the cursor, I had some frustrating moments.

Speaking of which, there is an achievement for playing the Daily Challenge 15 days in a row... Really?  I don't take that long to finish these games, and of course I forgot to play yesterday.  Grr...

Sights and Sounds:

Music and SFX are the same quality as always, but graphically the detail is really outstanding, especially for the characters themselves. 
    Delicious 15: Emily's Miracle of Life 85CC7C6419C07AAABE2B8849A440156353504C78

The six locations were incredibly different, but they felt cohesive nonetheless.  I am just very impressed by the quality of the graphics in this one.  The closing credits even have extra story in them!

Verdict:

Despite a few irritations I really enjoyed Miracle of Life.  The vibrant and beautiful locations, along with varied gameplay and a sweet story kept me engaged throughout.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:02 am