Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by Esme Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Chris Pratt makes me happy.  Happy bounce

Grim Tales: Whatever It Is This Time continues to surprise me just a little. Not in a bad way either.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Yes, luvtoread, I kind of wished we would've went for the 3D version. But the times for the 3D were too late for us.

I kept hoping Sam Neill and Laura Dern were going to make a cameo appearance. Jurassic Park was such a good movie.
    Oh man, I felt sorry for the British Babysitter. EEK!

Okay, Esme, you've just about talked me into buying the CE of Grim Façade: Grim & Gore. We'll see what kind of sale we get this weekend.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:50 am

LOL You will keep "dying" and it's hilarious, DJ.

Plus, they totally underestimate the things I can do with a hammer, but otherwise this game has given me the giggles frequently. 

Demo first if you are worried. I'd hate to have you stuck with a game that you don't enjoy.  Okay
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 pm

No worries, Esme! Big smile  I have demo'd it and other than it being a more graphic game than their usual fluff-capades, it wasn't too bad.

I'm still playing Witches' Legacy:  Slumbering Darkness...and my map has quit working. Rolling Eyes
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Here's a theory...

Maybe the map not working and the other glitches are designed purely with D&E fans in mind.

After all, what could be scarier than wandering around lost in a cemetery and having to walk through all those tombstones just to get a match, so you can walk all the way back to use it to light the lamp that will allow you to read the map - without the map!!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:45 am

Lol, Justie! Shock

My map started working again. I got to the robot arm puzzle and the skip button came in real handy. I don't like skipping puzzles, but I didn't want to run into the same glitch. I was able to continue on and finish the main game. I'm now in the bonus.

I like transporter maps with a MO and collectible indicator.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm glad your game started working for you, DJ. I know how frustrating it is when they act all glitchy and stupid. One of the many things that I hated about the game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned is that it was horribly laggy and freezy and glitchy in the second half of the game. I couldn't wait to uninstall that thing. Ugh!

Finished the bonus section of Grim Tales: Hidden Sins... and I must say that the ol' ERS crew took a lot of risks with this one. Even having a bad guy who... isn't. For whatever reason, the game just charmed me, and as you guys all know, that doesn't happen with ERS games for me. I was pleased overall, and didn't regret the CE purchase; it gave backstory that made it more "complete" to me.  Okay

Not sure what to play next. Been reading lately. I just finished Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah (a recommendation from a friend... the book version of a chick flick, but well done) and just started The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King... a Sherlockian story that takes place after ACD's canon. It's quite fun so far.

Also: You guys are making me want to see Jurassic World (even though I never saw Jurassic Park), Hubs and I did go to see Inside Out, and I loved the little short, Lava, before the main movie... but as much as everyone else loved Inside Out, I'm the littlest bit... meh.... about it. Not sure why. Did any of you guys see it yet?
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:40 am

Okay, Esme, I will get the CE of Grim Façade: Hidden Sins. Hopefully, tomorrow's CE will be good and I'll pair it up with GF.

Yippee, a BOGO sale!! I'm going to get Spirit of Revenge 2 (supposedly updated) and the new Witches' Legacy.

We haven't seen "Inside Out". Hubs and I rarely go to the movies. He's like a big couch potato after work unless he's got something to do or somewhere to go.

And, honestly, I can't believe you've never seen "Jurassic Park", Esme. Laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:43 am

Hmm...I reckon Hubs is more like a "recliner chair" potato. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:41 am

It's one of my personality "quirks" DJ. I resist doing/seeing things that everybody else does. I've also never watched Titanic all the way through or Dirty Dancing

I'm a butt-head that way.  Embarrassed
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:13 pm

I haven't watched all of "Titanic" either. It's a long movie and I get sidetracked.

I was over at BF's forums and they now have all 3 of the "Campfire Legends" games. I've played the first one, Campfire Legends: The Hookman. It was a hard game (for me). I'll have to check out 2 and 3.

And....what happened that BFG is able to offer the Mortimer Beckett series and Campfire Legends series? I thought they were "off-limits" at one time. Eh, new owners, new deals, maybe.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 pm

I didn't know those were available now. I've only played The Babysitter one and never the Mortimer Beckett ones. 

I thought The Babysitter one was okay, sort of difficult, but I did play it a long time ago. Who knows?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:27 pm

I have played all the Mortimer Beckett games.   Very challenging.   Never played any of the
    Campfire Games.

Well,    am finally playing DP:  Ballad of Rapunzel.   I have done all the running around
    while Gerda--who I am suppose to remember from the Snow Queen but I do not cause
    that was a lot of games ago--stands around.   Of course,   the moment I open the door
    she can not get out fast enough  (rather rude  ) and promptly gets caught by the
    evil plant.    Sigh
    Who gets mad at me---testy Prince Ross,  he says its my fault she just ran ahead.   pfft
    What is he going to do to help?    Just bang on the unbreakable cage over and over
    with his sword.     Because that is just going so well.

Sounds like,  despite the wet weather,   my neighbors are enjoying the day.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 TheFourthOfJuly
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks, luvto. I might have to check them out. Are the super HO heavy though? 

We were going to go out tonight, but hubs isn't feeling well, so we took the dogs to the dog park, and now we're in for the evening. Books? Games? What to do??!!! (Does it make me OLD that having cancelled plans is sort of awesome?) Old Days
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:19 pm

The very first MB  was quite a few years ago,  all HO from what I remember.
    The others are more Find Items that you will use.   You will be sent to a certain
    place;  you will have a list at the bottom of things you need to find and use in
    different parts of the town  ( a map will let you jump).
    Some of those objects to find can be hard to spot.  I had to use hint a lot at times.
    There is a theme to these games having to with Mortimer's future.
    I just liked these MB  cause they are different.  

I would really suggest demoing the games first to see if you like.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 pm

We weren't going to go out, but our fireworks here have been cancelled because of all the rain we've been having. It's supposed to be next Sat. and we won't be going then either.
    Hubs has his annual Nascar trip planned for that day, provided it doesn't rain.

I've played the first MB game, too, and don't remember a thing about it. Was it a FROG? It seems I remember having to find pieces of things scattered over more than one scene. I thought it was rather hard, too.

Speaking of hard games, I did get Campfire Legends 2 and 3. I don't think I got that far in either demo...but I liked the scary ambiance. I did finish the first game, so hopefully, I'll finish these two.

Have a Happy 4th of July, everyone! Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:14 am

We stayed home and frankly, it was nice. I guess I'm getting old!

Started playing Final Cut: Fame Fatale. It's pretty good. This series is usually okay. Can't say I'm emotionally invested it the outcome, but it's a decent game and so far, I'd recommend it. 

What are all of you guys playing this weekend?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:42 pm

I had a GCC  so I used it in the 2 for 1 sale to buy Demon Hunter:Chronicles From Beyond
    which I am enjoying.    Its a SE with some CE features:  Achievements,   collectables,
    MO in the HO's.    The story line,  to me,  is interesting.   Might be Aliens involved.

The second game was the new Surface: Lost in the Mist.    I usually like the Surface games,
    this one, to me, was so-so on the demo.   So,  hoping it captures my interest as I get more
    into it.

It feels weird that Genki has not been on here for awhile.    I know her new job is keeping
    her busy just driving to and from it.     At least we are keeping it active for her.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:18 pm

We stayed home, too, Esme! Laugh I am playing Spirit of Revenge 2. It really is a great game with the variety of HO scenes. Thus far, no tech issues (fingers crossed, of course!).

Demon Hunter: Chronicles From Beyond was a very good game! I thought I'd read somewhere, there might be a Demon Hunter 2 in the works. But...I may not be remembering right. Laugh
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:36 pm

There is indeed a 2nd! It's called Demon Hunter - A New Chapter, I already own the PE version! Haven't played either yet. It's in at iwin, and I think GameHouse.  Big smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks, Justie, I'll be watching for it! Big smile

I've finished Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret with NO tech issues, yay! I enjoyed it very much, but the ending in the bonus was...abrupt, or else I'm missing part of the game. Huh?

I'll have to check the forum at BF on that ending.

Anyway...Bravo, Vendel Games! I got a kick out of the humorous dialogue, cracked me up!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:10 am

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:29 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:@esme

This one's for you!

Grim Tales 666: Threads Of Destiny Beta

Evil Grin

So I guess the last case wasn't!   Rolling Eyes      At least it answers the question about her niece,  enquiring
    minds needed to know.   Snicker
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:49 pm

This one's for you!

Evil Grin
    NONONONONONONO!!!

Let those morons solve their own problems! How will they ever learn??? 

LOL

I just finished Fame Fatale. It was okay. More shady people doing fairly stupid things for very little reason, but whatever. 

Since I don't seem to be getting my wish for something smart and scary, I'm going to go the opposite route and play one called Mystery of Unicorn Castle. It's bound to be dumb. Wish me luck!Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 Tumblr_inline_mksebdxlPQ1qz4rgp

Last edited by Esme on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:50 pm

luvtoread wrote:

This one's for you!

Evil Grin

So I guess the last case wasn't!   Rolling Eyes      At least it answers the question about her niece,  enquiring
    minds needed to know.   Snicker

There was a mystery about her niece? Other than how shallow is the gene pool? UGH.  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:04 am