Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by genkicoll Sat May 17, 2014 10:59 am

Mahahaha Belly laugh  Love it, Esme, go for it! Elk grin
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat May 17, 2014 11:00 am

That would be wonderful! YAY! Full esme rants - you dive in headfirst on those opening scenes where they "explain" everything lol rofl Am counting on you  Happy bounce Okay 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sat May 17, 2014 11:15 am

Yay!  Love it Esma   Big smile
    Riddick
    Riddick

Post by Riddick Sat May 17, 2014 2:13 pm

I betaed the TGT Tales of Terror.
    It had a scary little girl in it.
    Always good fodder for nightmares.

Okay 

I betaed one months ago,
    The Weeping Widow.
    As far as I know it was never realeased.
    That was a screamer also.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat May 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Genki, what should I start my thread under? Just General Game Gab?

Evil Grin
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat May 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Esme wrote:Genki, what should I start my thread under? Just General Game Gab?

Evil Grin
    Works for me~ Sunny
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun May 18, 2014 4:10 am

Esme wrote:Okay seriously? I just read the first two lines of the description. Is James the slack-jawed nephew that we had to rescue when our character's dimwit sister couldn't because her were-husband was stuck in a glacier... or something like that? 

This family needs an intervention. STAT!  SOS!

YUP!!!   And then there was the confusing one where apparently he--your nephew--fell in love and
    the Stone Queen was irate and apparently you have a Brother (or another B-I-L) cause your
     nephew's Uncle was the Mayor.

Now,  in this new game.....he has an older sister.......that was not in the other games??

I am buying this game....just so I can play along with esme and truly enjoy the rants!!    Happy bounce  Belly laugh 

I know its been mentioned already....but has anyone heard from dj?    OH! 

Last edited by luvtoread on Sun May 18, 2014 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mixed in esme's post with mine........cannot seem to fix)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun May 18, 2014 6:29 am

Well......If anyone is reading this.....hmmmmm.......The  Grimm Tales with the Stone Queen
    was your nephew Brandon with the Uncle who is mayor.
    This is the same Nephew whose parents you had to save twice and you almost blew
    up with dynamite to save him from the wolves who couldn't get to him.   faints 
    Then he was moved to the woods where he was allowed to play with the local witch
    because apparently Blondie sister was having kids you wouldn't know about till later games.
    Of Course,  she goes off to make a deal with witch......guess who has to save her?   pfft 

This Grim Tales: The Vengengance:  Nephew Who Is In Trouble is named James who is
    accused of killing his Older Sister,  Elizabeth.
    These must be two that were conveniently not mentioned in previous games.
    Did Blondie know she gave birth to them?

Then there was Bloody Mary,  with your niece whose name I haven't a clue.   Dunno 

Yet......I remember the Stone Queen and in the Demo of Vengence
    (cannot remember about Bloody Mary) there is a picture of the SAME FAMILY!! 
     You know,  clueless  Blondie sister  and  somewhere out there Hubby.     Crazy 

Maybe they just use it as a generic pic....you know,   like the ones in the frames at
    Walmarts?   Cause the developers are nuts?    Stars

I am dl/ing Vengence now---thanks to   da blame  esme's  influence...   Snicker

Last edited by luvtoread on Sun May 18, 2014 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought of better way to put down my disjointed thoughts :))
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun May 18, 2014 8:58 am

Hey everybody!  Big smile Long time no see! I really haven't been gaming much lately. Guess the old "game burnout" hit me hard. I have been reading a lot.
    I finished "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak and was totally in awe. I cried huge alligator tears & I think I freaked hubs out! Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever been so emotionally vested in a book...and the feeling stayed with me for days!!
    I couldn't even talk about it without tearing up.
    Really, if you get a chance to read it, do so! It is, by far, one of the best books I've ever read!

So, I did get one game finished & I thought it was a very good one for a SE. Maybe could've been a CE, but it wasn't at BF as a CE, only an SE. (I seen a suspicious empty space in the Menu)
    Origins: Elders of Time is the game. A sci-fi type game with a good ratio of HO scenes & interesting puzzles. Of course, the storyline was kind of out-there (aren't they all?), but it kept my interest & I thought the devs did a wonderful job!

And yes, I see the Clueless Clan (or some relation) is back! To tell the truth, I am getting a little tired of this family's (or some relation's) drama. After demo'ing, I may decide to rescue this family (or some relation) once again, or I may just leave them for someone else to deal with! A better sale would probably entice me more to save them.  Laugh 
    Esme's "Reviews" always helps me to decide when it comes to this dumbass family!  Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun May 18, 2014 9:06 am

Okay, y'all talked me into saving the Clueless Clan yet again. After reading the posts, I'm not sure I'll be able to follow what little storyline is present.  Stars 

Their family tree must not have a lot of branches.... Snicker
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun May 18, 2014 9:26 am

Oh no, you guys! You so don't have to buy and play this game. I'm going to take that bullet for you all.  faints 

I KNEW you'd love Book Thief, DJ. It's an incredible book.... love it, love it, love it.  Heart  Heart  Heart
    kac

Post by kac Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 am

I went to the my online library catalog and put the Book Thief on hold.  I will pick it up this week I think.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 am

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, kac! Be sure to have a good supply of tissues nearby.  Okay 

Esme, no worries! I was thinking about getting the game anyways. I have played worse...Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice... anyone??  barf
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 am

I was thinking of getting Tales of Terror 2 since I really enjoyed the first one, even though I had to play it in Administrative mode in order to have sound.
    After reading about the problems occurring later in TT2, I think I'll hold off.

I did get Lost Souls 1 because I played Lost Souls 2 and liked the gameplay.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun May 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I liked the Lost Souls gameplay too. Nicely different. I haven't been paying much attention to the forums lately, so I didn't realise there were tech issues with TT2, but just another reason to wait for the SE on this one I think.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon May 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Life is hectic for me right now.  I've been given 'til July 1st to get out (an extra month, thank God!) but we still have to find a place to live Sweat drop  Rent is so darned expensive that we looked into buying vs. renting, and found that we could buy for what we've been paying!  Dunno  We found a place yesterday, but there's so much that needs to be done before we can make an offer that I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off... not to mention packing, cleaning, and other time-sensitive things that have to be done within the next week or so.  EEK!  EEK!  No time for games... No time to say goodbye, hello! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late~!!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon May 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Thinking of you and sending super-positive thoughts and energy your way! (((hugs)))
    Buying sounds like it may be your best option after all. Best of luck - you'll do it!!!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Mon May 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Genki, is buying the place you're currently in, an option?   Huh? 

*sends lots of hugs*
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Cool genki! Buying so much better! But know the feelings of panic you are going through. Breathe!  hypnotize There! All better. Out there and face another day!  tealove 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Frodo wrote:Genki, is buying the place you're currently in, an option?   Huh?

Yeah, he'd like us to buy this place, but he has done ZERO maintenance inside this place for over a decade!  Kind of makes me NOT want to own it, ya know?
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Mon May 19, 2014 7:07 pm

genkicoll wrote:
    Frodo wrote:Genki, is buying the place you're currently in, an option?   Huh?

Yeah, he'd like us to buy this place, but he has done ZERO maintenance inside this place for over a decade!  Kind of makes me NOT want to own it, ya know?

Ahh, right, yeah, I know what you mean. 

The place you saw yesterday - fingers crossed that works out for you   Smile
    kac

Post by kac Mon May 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Good luck.  Buying is wise in the long term.  My mortgage will be paid before I retire so that is a big expense off me on a fixed income. 

I doubt I've done much maintenance on the inside of my condo since I've lived here, but it was brand new.  I know in a few years I'll have to be doing some things though.
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Tue May 20, 2014 11:06 am

Genki, I do hope this works out for you.  I can't even begin to imagine the stress level!! Give yourself a breather occasionally!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed May 21, 2014 5:47 pm

That game (Grim Tales 6: The Wrath of Foo-Foo Dogs) killed brain cells. I just know it.  Suspect
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed May 21, 2014 7:37 pm

lol, Esme!!

I'm playing Final Cut: Homage and I have to say...I'm really liking Eipix's new & improved hidden object scenes. I love that there's so much more to them than the standard lists.
    And it's a very good game (what I've played so far)!

Genki, I hope everything works out for you and you find a house soon. I can imagine the stress you're going through right now.
    When DH & I finally got around to buying our house, it was a total fixer-upper. Most of the big things were already done (new roof, electric, plumbing, etc.). A lot of the stuff needing done was cosmetic with a few whoppers, it's a really old house.
    We could only do a little at a time, financially. We would try to pick out one project a year & save up money, use our income tax return, anything we could. Sometimes, it would take longer than a year to save up money.
    We still have a few things left to do, but it'll just have to wait.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:32 am