Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! Empty Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow!

Post by genkicoll Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 pm

For those who don't know, The Tiny Tale is a time management game by the makers of the Dragon Keeper series, Running Pillow.  Bella81762 posted a demo of the game over at the Diving Bell Pub, and the developer showed up to talk about the project a bit.

At this point, Big Fish is being less than supportive of the project.  I am going to quote the dev's message directly -- I don't think they'll mind:

Running Pillow wrote:We are glad to hear you like the game! Everyone who had played our game had positive overall reactions so far. However we run into unexpected problems on BFG side. They seems to think that the visual art of the game wont appeal to their customers and therefore are not willing to release The Tiny Tale at all. We are quite shocked by this as I said before, noone has a problem with the visual art so far. So we ask everyone to try the game and send us their feedback on the visual art   We then could at least show BFG that there are a lot of people who in fact do like the game! We think that there are a lot of games released on BFG with less appealing graphics and players still enjoy them. Unfortunately we cant do much to convince BFG to give our game a chance at least as "soft release" to show them that people will like it. We are very sad about this as it took us over a year to make this game for you and now it seems it wont be even released! The worst of all is that we truly think that the game has nice graphics and is fully comperable to other games released on BFG so we even dont know what to change. Thanks a lot for your opinion and we are looking for yor feedback.

Jan
    Running Pillow

I'd like to support the game any way I can.  Here are the links:

The Tiny Tale:
    http://www.runningpillow.com/TTT/TTT_0.91.zip

Survey form:
    http://www.runningpillow.com/TTT/TheTinyTalesurvey.zip

Please send any feedback on runningpillow@gmail.com

If you love the game and want to see it released at Big Fish, please show your support in this thread at Big Fish:
    http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/250293.page

Let's go, gamers, we can do this~! Elk grin

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! O9fj
    pippi
    pippi

Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! Empty secure?

Post by pippi Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey I saw Bella's BFG thread ... I just want to triple check that the beta download is safe, secure, clean and virus free... Has anyone had any problems with it?  I am happy to try it and (if I like it) ask BFG for at least a soft release.  There just aren't that many great builders out there, so a new one would be super.

Thanks for any add'l information.

Pip

Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! Empty Re: Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 pm

I am pretty stupid when it comes to files. I downloaded it, but don't know which part of the zip file to extract!  First there are two, and I choose the one without the word "mac" in it!  Then there are several more choices, and I have no idea which to pick, or if all, what first.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! Empty Re: Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow!

Post by genkicoll Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am

The file is definitely safe -- it is coming directly from Running Pillow's (the devs) website.  No one at the Pub has had any trouble with the files.

Twins, I'll have to get back to you on that!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 am

This just got posted by the dev at the Pub:

Running Pillow wrote:We have updated the beta build (the link for the download is the same) and fixed a few things that the betatesters were complaining about ( mainly the controls in 3D levels - 10th level in beta) and other minor things.
    We have also get final notice from BFG that they won't release our game even as a soft release. We ask them to send the game at least to survey to hear the voice of the customers but it wont happen. The visual art for them is so ugly that they want no one to see it I guess.
    I have just made the trailer for the game so whoever want to see the game in action you can take a look here:

Many thanks for all your support guys, but this was a final blow for our decision of what games should we make in future. I guess no more TM games from our side. It is a hard to write this as we love making TM games but it seems like big distributors are not in favor of them. Guess we should rather make some spooky HOG full of dead bodies and crying babies....

Boo hiss, Big Fish! >_<

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:16 am

A new plea has been started by Cherbtoo at Big Fish:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/250671.page

Please show your support!  It can't hurt to try~!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 am

Running Pillow wrote:Thanks everyone for their support! Every critique either bad or good is very helpful for us! It will help us to make next game even better. As for the BFG...after we remade the game to 2D they liked it a lot more and agreed to release our game! We are very happy about that! We are looking forward to see it released on BFG soon! If you will like our game don't forget to rate it with 5 stars Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! Smile

As we are a small studio we are trying to keep in touch with our audience as much as possible and this site is perfect for it! I am very grateful for it and and all people here. We would love to somehow let everyone of you participate on the creation of our next game. We would like to push the "Roads games" a little bit further. However as every developer we are very cautious to make innovations as they usually don't pay for themselves (for example 3D graphics :D). I guess we will send a more informations and "beta builds" here on forums so everyone can tell us their opinion. We would also love to hear whatever you dreamed to have in the TM games! As I said before we could create whatever game we want but we have to know that our audience actually like it, that is the hardest part Support The Tiny Tale by Running Pillow! SmileBut I feel that this site could help us solve this dilemma a lot better!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:21 am

I'm sure y'all noticed that The Tiny Tale got released at Big Fish, finally. Happy bounce  I'll be checking it out this weekend, and probably buying it on Monday.

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:31 pm

I remember trying the game back then. It moved too slowly and was glitchy in 3D; hopefully the new 2D version runs smoother. I'll also try it this weekend. I don't play a lot of TM/builders, but the ones I do buy I really love. Happy bounce
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 am

I demo'd it but TBH I'm not sure I liked it enough to buy it. The opportunity to adorn the characters did nothing for me, although I've no doubt many will find it a fun addition. The game play was quite imaginative and the graphics were good, but there was something frustrating in each level's layout. I couldn't easily see my objectives and where to begin and I kept losing a lot of time. Ultimately I grew a bit bored and didn't mind when the time ran out.

I'm all in favor of supporting game devs, but in my case this would be purchased as a DD or using a PCC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am