Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story Empty Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story
    by AdoreStudios - March, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin
    WildTangent

Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story Vampires-todd-and-jessicas-story_feature

Welcome to the world of magic, riddles, and unmanageable contradictions. In Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story you play the role of a young vampire madly in love with an earth-bound girl. Next to Jessica your lust for human blood goes away. Isn't it a miracle? You decide to propose to her but there's someone who can destroy your dreams and turn Jessica into a bloodsucker. Explore numerous locations, collect necessary objects, figure out tough mini-games and find the secret of becoming human.

• Magnificent artwork
    • Fantastic gameplay
    • Mind-bending puzzles and mini-games

Click images to enlarge
    Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story Th_screen1 Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story Th_screen2Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story Empty Re: Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Developer: Adore Games

A Little Different ***

BASED ON COMPLETED DEMO

As always, my dreams of a top quality game on vampires (with or without romance) are disappointed. But this game is not all bad. It has its moments.

Its biggest drawback is that it moves oh so fatally slowly - literally, because each transition to a new location involves 'walking' movements in that direction. Another way the game gets slowed down is confusion about where you are. Some of the locations have viewpoints that contradict others.

The graphics are of the style I think people call cartoon, which I don't like much, but it was done very very well and colourfully.

I quite enjoyed the HOs because they looked great and were more difficult than usual. Also, they were interactive, but there was no indication on the list, so you really had to be attentive, or drive yourself nuts. But if you're used to sparkles, you'll go nuts anyway - every darned thing in the view sparkles!

I liked the puzzles and mini-games because so far, they were all dreadfully easy. I'm not good on puzzles Smile. They seemed to flow more seamlessly into the game. As did their instructions. When you need parts of a helmet to complete a hot spot, the black bar tells you how many, and changes to match what you've done. If you need certain tools, you will see ghost images of them.

I loved the shoot-em-up bats game. And then my hour was over and I'd done almost nothing.
    All of which should serve as fair warning, no matter how much of a vamp fan you are, this is a weird little game that is too easy for the experienced player and too confusing for the novice.

I don’t recommend this game!

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:59 pm