Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

A Dwarf's Story

genkicoll
    genkicoll

A Dwarf's Story Empty A Dwarf's Story

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 pm

A Dwarf's Story

A Dwarf's Story A-dwarfs-story_feature

Available at Big Fish

Enter an exciting world of dwarves and magicians in the match making adventure of A Dwarf’s Story! Create your own character and join the dwarves on their quest to the surface to take back an important artifact from an evil magician. Use your Match 3 skills to collect lumber, gems and gold to help the dwarves reach the surface in time!

A Dwarf's Story Screen2
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

A Dwarf's Story Empty Re: A Dwarf's Story

Post by genkicoll Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Review from Feb. 7, 2010

Well, this is completely different than any Match 3 game I've ever played. You can't just exchange items to create a match like every other Match 3, you have to change an item to create the match. You have multiple colors of items (brown for wood, yellow for sun, etc) on the screen, and you have to right-click the mouse to change the color of the cursor, then click on the item you want to change. It's confusing, makes you think, since it's so different.

That in itself is not a bad thing. A new way of doing things can be good, but then a message popped up saying that my fire power-up gauge was filled, and to click to see what happened.
    I couldn't find it to "see what happens", and I couldn't progress with the game until I did, so now I'm stuck 10 minutes into the game.

Well, I may start over to see if there was an explanation I missed, but we tend to think we KNOW how to play a Match 3 game and may not read the pop-ups completely... or we might click somewhere before we realize something has popped up, and it disappears. Hmph.

Dec, 2011 comment:

The game has some adventure (a little) and some hidden object scenes thrown in (haven't re-demoed it, I saw it in the screenshots ;)), and might be worth re-visiting one of these days when I get somewhat caught up with my game-playing.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:32 pm