Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+13
JustTheFacts
Esme
Yolanded
Justgaming
luvtoread
GIs1stluv
Hespera
_DD_
ScarletteSpider
volnole68
Sable
genkicoll
fuzzbuzz
17 posters

Hi to all I'm new here..

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hi to all I'm new here.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hi to all I'm new here..

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh, no worries at all, I'm just glad you're willing to give it a try! 

To start a new topic, enter the part of the forum you'd like the topic to be in (be it in the Lists section, the Bright & Cheery area, or wherever.)

Find the New Topic button, which will on the right-hand side towards the top of the page (or if you want to start a new topic in an area where you're reading a post, the button will be next to the Reply button, both at the top and the bottom of the thread.

Click on New Topic.  Under Title of Topic, type in whatever you want the topic name to be.  ie. This topic is called "Hi to all I'm new here..."  There's no need to put anything in the Description -- I only add that part on bundle deals so that people can see what games are in the bundle without opening the thread.

Type whatever you like in the box, then scroll down until you see the Send button.

Voilà, you've started a new topic!  You can edit your posts and topics at any time by clicking on the Edit button at the bottom of your post(s).

If you need more help finding the game topics, just let me know!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh I understand all that but what I'm confused about is when I start my new topic in the white box is that where I put my game review info? How do I get the links inserted in. Maybe I'm not asking this right. I don't know I'm just confused. Sorry! Oh and then I just do like a "reply" to my topic to put in my next game review?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm

OH!  Sorry, I misunderstood!

Here's how it works:

1. Since you don't have a review index, the first thing you want to do is make a topic called Links to Sportygal's Game Reviews  in THIS section.  In the white box where you type your reply, just put RESERVED, or something like that.  You'll come back to it later, so maybe open a new tab (on your browser) to do your reviews in.

2. Find the game topic that you want to post in.  You can try typing a bit of the title (ie. Whispers) in the search box and find the game that way, or you can use game indexes.

3. Once you've made your post, copy the URL in the address bar at the top of the page. (If you need to know how, just let me know Smile  )

4. Go back to the review index you created and hit the Edit button.  Type in the name of the game, then paste the link in underneath it.  When you're done, hit the Save button.

Here's an example from my list:

The Gift (IHOG)
    https://genkisgamegab.forumotion.com/t1181-the-gift#2321

You don't have to use this specific format, it's just the easiest way to me.

If you don't have time to add the link(s) to your index (and see that I haven't done it for you,) you can still get the URL, even after someone else has posted in the thread.  Here's how:

Find your review post in (whichever) game thread, then click on the title that shows at the top of your post, right above your name.  I may not be explaining that well, so here's a visual:
    Hi to all I'm new here.. - Page 3 Aa-top10

Now the URL at the top of the page is the one that leads directly to your game review, and you can copy it over to your review index!

Let me know if you need more info!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Well I do believe I've got it. I put my first view in here. Yahoo!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Yes, I was just looking at that!  Way to go!  Clap
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 pm

I thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.  Well that's one review done and only 140 to go. I'll work on my other 140 reviews a bit at a time. This is a pretty cool set up you've got how you can track the reviews. Happy bounce
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I do have a question. I have done reviews for the Millennium Secret games: Emerald Curse and Roxanne's Necklace. I do see them listed here but no links so where do I put these reviews?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 pm

I'll go and make topics for them right now!

If/when you come across this again, just create the topic and leave the first post "reserved," like you did for your game index.  Then you can go ahead and make your review, and I'll come in and add all of the info to the first post as soon as I see it Big smile
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh OK! Thank you! Once again thanks for the invite here. This is really neat how we can do our reviews and track them.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Being able to do this is one of the reasons I decided that having this be my own place would be a good idea Sunny

Just a side note, but you aren't re-typing all of those reviews, are you?  It should only take a few minutes to copy and paste the whole review(s) from where they're posted at Big Fish Smile
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Oh heck no I'm not retyping them! Belly laugh  I'm copying/pasting them from Big Fish. I'm just pretty picky. I have to have things just so that's why it's taking me awhile. Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Oh, whew~!  I REALLY understand about being picking and having to have things just so. Snicker  *looks around*  Never woulda guessed it, huh!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Well I have both of the Millennium Secret games done and now I'm going to take a break and play the TGT at Big Fish this Dance of Death game so I'll be back after bit.
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:34 am

Hi Genki & everyone.  Smile  My name over at BigFish is sunshinej, so now I like to keep it simple and use it everywhere.  I was most active in the Adventurous Fish thread there.   I did quite a few of the group plays over there and when I saw that there was a group play for The Longest Journey here, I signed up right away.  I had this game for quite awhile and would love to play it.

I am married and with 2 grown children and 1 granddaughter 15 months old.  I first started with pc games in 2010 and haven't quit since.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:04 am

Hi Sunshine! Welcome to the forum!! I'm sorta new too. Been here 4 months now. My big thing is reviews, mostly for HOPAs. I also have some adventure games that have been sitting around in desktop, but I always get the jitters trying to play them! lol So the last group play, Shiver, was my first, and I am supposed to be getting my act together for Fallout! group play, but again, freaked out about it. lol

I'm not much of a forum person, so I like it here because there are not so many people as there is elsewhere (and they're nicer flutter eyelashes) (genki, why don't we have a wink smilie? Or am I just missing it?)

I'm from Australia, which means I'm on around this time every day, and if I'm lucky, I'm still up when the Americans and Brits get up  Big smile 

Really glad to meet you and welcome!!!! Welcome! 
    Sable
    Sable

Post by Sable Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:07 am

Welcome!  Sunshine, glad to see you here.  This is a great forum, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:18 am

(genki, why don't we have a wink smilie? Or am I just missing it?)

Yepsa, you just missed it~  It's right next to the EEK!  smilie, but you can always just type : wink: (without the space) Wink

Sunshinej, I remember seeing your nick, and a most hearty Welcome!  to GGG!  I'm so glad to have someone else joining in on the TLJ group play!  The thread is here: The Longest Journey - Group Play, and I hope you enjoy playing along with us!!  I'll likely lag behind, as I've never played it before, and am still somewhat new to playing TRUE adventures! Sunny

OH, and you may want to check out these threads:

Helpful Links and Forum Info
    IMPORTANT: How to Disable Auto-Watching of Topics
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks for the welcome JustTheFacts,  Sable  & Genki 

JustTheFacts Love your reviews at BigFish.  I just played Shiver for the first time last summer and thought it was excellent and loved it.

Sable Yes, Thank you.  I have been enjoying poking around in here.  Many interesting things to read.

Genki  Thanks for the links, I will check them out.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:43 am

Glad you like my reviews sunshinej  Happy bounce 

Love the avatar!
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Welcome Sunshine!! I do love saying that!  I am just getting more into adventure games.  Normally play HOPA's.  I don't have the Longest Journey but plan to check it out.  We are so glad you are here.  I do love all of the reviews here.
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 pm

JustTheFacts...I have the biggest crush on Keanu Reeves and I love him in the Matrix.  So when picking my avatar I found this one and thought it was just perfect.

Hi volnole,  Nice to meet you too.  HOPA's and adventures are my favorite type of games to play.  Smile   I just can't get enough of them.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 pm

I adore him too sunshinej, but he is lower on my list than Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Spike lol. I love the Matrix even if I didn't care about Keanu (think Trinity is seriously cool too), because the story is so good, and the special effects floored me when I first saw it.

What kind of HOPA's are you into? What are your favourites?
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 am

JustTheFacts...If I was Buffy I would have picked Spike over Angel any day of the week.  lol  Spike has such a gorgeous accent.

I am into all kinds of HOPA's.  I recently just did a marathon of the Dark Tales series.  On Saturday I just finished Fall of the New Age which I thought was a excellent game.  It is very hard to pick my favorites as I am rarely dissatisfied with a game I play.  On the whole I like ERS games.  Oh, Nearwood by MagicIndie is one of my favorites.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 am

I'm a big fan of the Dark Tales series too. That's how I first started buying from big fish. I just did the beta for Dark Tales 6 (you can check out my review here)

Dark Tales 6: The Fall Of The House Of Usher (Beta)

And I like almost everything made by ERS, although these days I'm also very impressed with Eipix, and of course, Elephant.

My favourite at the moment would have to be Hope Diamond, but I'm also into Haunted Hotel as well.
    And I love Spike mostly because, unlike Angel, even before he got his soul, ie. when he was still evil, he tried to be good for love. And he's such a smart arse!  Belly laugh
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:26 pm

HI everyone.  I'm Suzanne (known otherwise as tesamoine on BFG).  I am so excited to have been told about this site from another gamer.  ------>  Happy bounce   Really, how thrilled I am Smile  I really look forward to this forum as it's right up my alley.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 am