Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+10
ddr_cyclone102
sunshinej
BloomingLilac
tesamoine
jboliver1999
RenaissanceMom
pippi
genkicoll
djrum
Frodo
14 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

djrum
    djrum

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by djrum Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:37 pm

I love the dancing shark! Laugh

The big snowstorm missed us, yay! Though we do have frigid temps and I can't stay warm. OH!

I decided to give The Emptiness a whirl. Wow, I am so stuck right now! This game is freakin' hard.
    I've had to skip a puzzle already. It was a "find the difference in the devil image" puzzle.
    Yep, that's right...difference (no plural). I couldn't even do that!
    Now, I can't find all my letters for the fourth word. Rolling Eyes

I'm almost to this stage---> Gah!

But...the sound FX are creepy good! And I've had a couple startle FX...whew. One huge startle FX was when hubs tapped me on the shoulder in the middle of me concentrating. EEK!

Well, gonna try to find my last two letters. (The hint is not helping me at all) meh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 am

I think I'm getting to the point where the glitch is going to happen in Crazy Vampire Chicks with Hair Buns. 

Too bad too... it's not a terrible game.  Vampiress stalk
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:13 am

Hopefully it won't happen to you. I really enjoyed the game and eventually will restart it
    and hope for the best!

genki I have been playing Doorways 3. I must really like it cause I cannot stop playing.
    In some ways 1 & 2 were better--more of a gritty, darker feel. The levels in this one are rather
    repetitious, but I still find myself enjoying its challenges.

I am at a public library and really must get back to work.
    Hope everyone is keeping warm (well, I know JTF is! The rest of us--not so much).
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Nice!  Thanks for the reminder!  I need to play Doorways 3!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Just popping in to say that the vampire game is actually kind of creepy, what with the ritual sacrifices and all. I'm surprised there wasn't a huge uproar at BF. Or maybe there was and I just don't know about it because I don't frequent the forums anymore.  Yeah right

I'm still waiting for it to freeze/glitch on me. I just got out of the crypt. Did any of you get that far? Am I at glitch time yet? 

Dunno
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:38 pm

I don't remember reading anything about that game, Esme, other than the tech problems.

I'm still making my way through The Emptiness. I've gotten as far as the symbols and didn't feel like trekking all through the house again, so I've put the game on hold for now. (It would be a good time for my patience to kick in...and it's not kicking in)

I've got Phantasmat: The Endless Night all set to go.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:22 am

You have given me hope--no glitch for you. I really need to restart this and play again.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

I've been going along pretty well in this game. It's actually not too bad... there's a story line and everything. I was happy.

Until now.

It just did the stupidest, most inane thing in the world. One that is, sadly, not uncommon in these games. Lady Vampire Leia Buns just set the abbey on fire with me in it. So what do I do? You know, other than getting the heck out of a burning building, I mean. I stop to pick up planks and play a few HO scenes and work on someone's butterfly collection. I gaze out the window at the dude who helped start the fire as HE runs away. At least the villain's helper is smart enough to get as far away from a burning building as quickly as he can. 

My character? Not so much. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 16 Loosing_it

UGH! 

UGH!

UGH!!!!!!
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:58 pm

Speaking of really dumb characters, I did the trial for that new Ancient Mysteries game.  OK the girl with the grating voice is laying on the ground as the ice sets in with her leg under a lamppost that her HeMan husband can't life, and she says, oh hurry, I can't feel my leg.  So, I go into the house, play a few hidden object scenes, fix a few things, think to myself it would be nice if the fireplace was lit, then meander back out and lift the lamppost off her leg.  After I do that she jumps up and saunters into the house.  Quick recovery.  These things crack me up Happy bounce Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:02 am

I restarted Vampire Legends--esme's Lady Leia buns Vampire.

I am happy to say I breezed right through where my previous game glitched up.
    I even went back to that previous game just to see if I had missed something. No, still
    no vial or flask or whatever that is suppose to be there. Not sure what happened, but
    glad I can move on in this second attempt.

The one thing about doing stupid things in games---at least the fire or the bad guy or
    whatever has the good manners to just stay put and wait for us to do our chores before
    we defeat them with some stupid wimpy tool.
    I remember in the MOTW: Frozen Queen or whatever its called--she could be defeated with
    FLOWERRS
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm gone for 2 months and return to ... Esme's usual scathingly brilliant commentary on games.  FABULOUS.  Laugh  How is everybody?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Pippi!!!!  Welcome! BACK!!!!  Happy bounce Happy bounce

I was just wondering where you got to. I was wondering if you got another kitten.

Sadly, I have a new one, adopted after Fiver, the acrobatic escape artist that cut himself up that time, died of poisoning a couple of weeks ago. When the neighbour (who never liked Fiver, because he scared her birds) brought over a little baby Ragdoll I was unable to say no.

Did you get another kitten? And where have you been for 2 months? Okay I hope?
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:28 am

Wish True Fear Part 2 would hurry up and come out.  I've been looking forward to it so much.  Offering

Absolutely LOVED Part 1!  faint dead away
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 pm

I am having the weirdest glitch ever.   Huh?

I am in the Bonus of Shiver:  The Lily's Requiem.   I got a shot gun shell---which turns out to
    be a hiding place for a note.   Ok....so my character feels it should be used for its intended
    purpose.
    Except,  I do not have gunpowder.    The game is insisting on making me put it in when I do
    not have it,   as it will not let me exit from the scene of a hand holding the shell.
     I cannot exit at all.   When I click on the  X,  the scenery goes blurry,  then
    up pops this hand.
    I  had to shut down laptop just to get out of the game.

Weird.

Well,  another snow day today.   Snowfall   It started yesterday and is still coming down today.
    Its not heavy snow and at least its not bitter cold--that will come later this week.   c-cold
    I will be leaving for Florida to visit my sister this Thursday,  so I will not be here for
    that bit of misery!   Sunny

pippi   nice to hear from you.  How are you doing?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Well, I finally got to a glitch that I cannot pass. The cotton ribbon disappeared from my inventory and now I can't make a torch. It's been a touchy game all along, but up until this point I'd been okay.

Now I can't finish. Grrr. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 16 Smiley-angry020
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 pm

I predict a BOGOF sale at BFG this weekend  Happy bounce

... Or is it just wishful thinking?  Ohm
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Hey everybody! Big smile

I haven't been playing games much...but I did manage to get myself stuck in Vampire Legends 2. Rolling Eyes

Evidently, I put something on the potion table I wasn't supposed to because I needed to make something else first (I thought I already made it) and now I can't retrieve the thing I put on the table by mistake because the game won't let me. meh

I don't have a clue on how to get the cobweb, I've been trying to get that sucker forever and actually tried everything in my inventory.

At this point, the Hint button keeps pointing down even when I can't "go down" any further. Rolling Eyes

Looks like a total restart if I want to finish the game, but I do like it! Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:30 pm

hi  dj--.  First of--I hope you didn't get the same glitch I did with the potion.   Did you try to make the potion made of Gold?  I am trying to remember exactly what it was called.
    For me,  I had 2 things to put down to make the potion,   but the empty flask that you are
    suppose to put in the middle to pour the potion into just disappeared.

As far as the cobweb,   you have to drink the Transadential potion  (I know I am spelling it
    wrong and probably coming up with the wrong name totally).   Thats the potion that helps
    you to reach the hard to reach places.

I am in Florida right now.   It is so warm  Sunny
    Upstate NY  is really being hit with -0   weather,  so I am glad to be here and not bundled
    up in layers.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi luvtoread, Yay for you in sunny, warm Florida! Sunny

I'm freezing my ass off in cold, wintry Ohio! Cry

Yep, that gold potion was my downfall. I placed the container onto the rune thing where we're supposed to place all our stuff for making potions and now, I can't take it back.
    I hadn't made the previous potion yet...and I thought I did.
    This is what happens when I let too much time pass and don't play. I forget!

I was trying to use the Phasing Potion (I think that's what it's called) on the cobweb.

Off-topic... I was perusing music on Amazon. I'd heard vinyl was making a comeback, but good grief, I didn't know an album was priced so high.
    I don't ever remember albums being that expensive.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Dangerous Games: Illusionist is due for release tomorrow. I remember beta testing this game and I liked it a lot.

Re: beta tests, for some odd, unknown reason, I always feel obligated to buy the games they send me to test. Why??????? Dunno

I think there's only been one game I didn't buy and it was because I had tech problems.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:48 am

That is the same stupid glitch I had.  I had already made other potions,  there was nothing
    for me to do and I needed that potion to move on with the game.
    I eventually just restarted it.

I am using my sister's laptop.   I accessed my e-mail and I have a beta for the new Surface
    game.
    I am itching to try it!!!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:59 am

Same here, luvtoread. I can't go any further and had to restart it.

So, in order for me to reach the cobweb, I have to make some kind of a transcendental potion?
    Hmm...I don't remember seeing the recipe for that one. Huh?

The Cordial of whatever potion is what screwed me up in the first place because I needed to make the previous potion (the one requiring the cobweb) before I placed the gold for the Cordial whatever on the rune. It's very confusing to explain. Stars
    See, this is why I hate potion-making in games! meh And this game...certain actions have to be completed in the right order before moving on which makes the game more challenging, but I absolutely do NOT like having to start over.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:33 am

If I was on my own computer I could access the game and tell you the name of the potion.

D\\'oh!     I got the bright idea and looked it up on the WT.  Its the Potion of Telekinesis.

Still,  I had already made that potion and still had the glitch,  so I do not think it is your lack
    of potion making skills that is the problem.
    It is the fault of the character who needs potions to do the simple things!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:37 am

Oh, I almost forgot, I finished The Emptiness.

Wow, a very different kind of game. It is a difficult game with no vast areas of exploration which led to a bit of tediousness, IMO.
    I had to skip a couple of puzzles. I don't know if it was unclear instructions or I couldn't comprehend what I was supposed to do.
    I had to visit BF's forum for help in locating letters (numerous times). Rolling Eyes
    The ending was, um... unusual.

The good stuff---an eerie, almost sinister atmospheric quality and chilling startle FX, not only in visuals, but in sound FX as well. I had to turn on an extra light to play it.
    My brain definitely got a workout and I even had to take notes.

A most enjoyable game requiring lots of patience...and there were NO hidden object lists.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:41 am

Thank you, luvtoread. Big smile

That's what I'm worried about. I've already had to restart it and I hope I don't run into a glitch since I've already run into a progression-blocker.
    I don't know if I would want to restart it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:43 am