Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

PuppetShow 2: Souls of the Innocent

genkicoll

PuppetShow 2: Souls of the Innocent

Post by genkicoll on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 pm

PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent
    by ERS Game Studios

Series links:  PuppetShow 1: Mystery of Joyville, PuppetShow 2: Souls of the Innocent, PuppetShow 3: Lost Town, PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville, PuppetShow 5: Destiny Undone, PuppetShow 6: Lightning Strikes, PuppetShow 7: The Price of Immortality

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin - Standard Edition for PC

Return to the terrifying PuppetShow in this spooky sequel! A  young girl has been asleep for over two days, and the local doctors are  at a loss. The townspeople believe her condition to be a curse emanating  from a dark magician’s castle in the mountains, so it’s up to you to  track down the cause of the curse and save the Souls of the Innocent!  Dive into in this dark and mysterious Hidden Object game.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Hours of bonus gameplay!
    • Magnificent wallpapers
    • Animated screensaver
    • Behind the scenes Making-of

For the Standard Edition:

• Blog Walkthrough
    • Strategy Guide (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:56 am; edited 5 times in total

genkicoll

Re: PuppetShow 2: Souls of the Innocent

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent CE (IHOG)
    Review from June 6, 2010

I had to have this game.

HAD to! I tried to resist, I really did! I didn't even demo it, for I knew I'd want it.

It was no use, I clicked the BUY button, and that was the end for me Rolling Eyes

This is the first game I have ever bought for myself without demoing it first! And it's a Collector's Edition, so it was really a gamble! OH!

First off, let me say that I positively loved Joyville. I was slightly
    disappointed to see that they changed the art style a bit for Souls of
    the Innocent, but despite the difference, the two games have the same feel
    to them. The game mechanics work the same way as in the first one, but
    this game is much longer. Adventure lovers rejoice, for there are many
    LFA aspects to this game. Those of you who enjoy IHOGs, but aren't
    entirely comfortable with the having to remember things and come back to
    them later, never fear! The built-in strategy guide is easy to access
    and straight to the point.

The artwork, as you can see from the
    screens, is gorgeous. This game has come closer to RTR than any other
    game I've tried on Big Fish, both in graphics and game play. Nice
    bright colors that belie the sinister plot, this game was nevertheless
    not as psychologically intense as the first one was for me. More
    sinister in some ways, and somehow less so, too. Anyone who has played
    both games could probably see how that's possible (won't give it away
    here!)

The mini-games are skippable, and the hints recharge
    without limits. You have two options, one for beginners (with sparkles
    and faster hints) and one for the advanced players. Always nice to have
    a choice :thumb:

As for the extras, there is concept art - some of which is quite beautiful; wallpapers - also quite lovely; the built in strategy guide - very handy and easy to access; a screen saver and plus bonus game play!

The bonus play is not just extra hidden object scenes. You move around, get lost, play mini-games and everything else you'd do in normal-play. The extra story is interesting and doesn't seem like it was just "slapped together" as an add-on.

I loved the first PuppetShow, and was thrilled to have this second edition Two thumbs up

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:14 am

Another Puppet Master Turns Bad?

Sunny Sunny SunnySunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This is the second game in the PuppetShow series, and if you haven’t played the first one Joyville, I recommend it. But it is not important to the STORY.

As a detective, you are called to a small town where a girl has laid inexplicably asleep for 2 days. Disturbingly, a nasty spider puppet is identified. Pretty soon, your investigation reveals the disturbing fact that many more children are in the same condition.

Locals blame an evil wizard who lives in a castle nearby. So, of course, that is where we must go to solve the mystery.

One unique feature of the series is the location and structure of the tool bar. It is located in the bottom left corner, and fans out when it is needed. Some players don’t like this as they believe it covers up too much of the screen, but I like it.

The only problem is, with all other games locating the tool bar centre bottom, is my hand automatically goes there unthinkingly.

I most love this series for its BEAUTIFUL & COLOURFUL GRAPHICS, and this game certainly has a lot of really lovely scenes. Some of the puppets and their environments are awesome.

Primarily a HO GAME, this has dozens of HO scenes, each visited twice, and they are, it seems, around every corner. If your preference is puzzles this is not for you. There are very few PUZZLES, all of them easy, though some are quite ingenious.

As an ADVENTURE it is also extremely easy, and wouldn’t hold the interest of an expert gamer.

But for the rest of us, who just love relaxing into a make believe world, this game is absolutely excellent. I say that even though it’s not my favourite in the series. Trouble is, all of them are so good, it’s hard to separate them.

I Recommend This Game!

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Nice job, Justy! This was the the Puppetshow game I played first and as such it holds a special place in my heart. Yes it may be easy but I just LOVED it, equally for its beautiful artwork and nasty spider puppets, haha.

I also like Puppetshow #1 but I have to say the subsequent sequels didn't hold my attention and felt like a concept that had dragged on for too long. I have since fallen out of love with ERS games as a whole - too formulaic for me - though every now and then they can still serve up a tasty treat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:57 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 pm