Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

5 posters

PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville

genkicoll
    genkicoll

PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville Empty PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 am

PuppetShow: Return to Joyville
    by ERS Game Studios -

Series links:  PuppetShow 1: Mystery of Joyville, PuppetShow 2: Souls of the Innocent, PuppetShow 3: Lost Town, PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville, PuppetShow 5: Destiny Undone, PuppetShow 6: Lightning Strikes, PuppetShow 7: The Price of Immortality, PuppetShow 8: The Face of Humanity, PuppetShow 9: Her Cruel Collection, PuppetShow 10: Bloody Rosie, Puppet Show 11: Arrogance Effect

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin Standard Edition

PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville Puppetshow-return-to-joyville-ce_feature

Travel back in time to help stop a terrible fire that started Felicia down her destructive path in PuppetShow: Return to Joyville! This time traveling adventure takes you back to Joyville when Felicia was a small child. With  the help of Felicia, try to stop the fire that incinerated her father’s theater. This fire horribly burned Felicia, and caused her to turn evil. By changing the past, Felicia hopes for a chance at redemption. Discover who the true  villain is in this captivating adventure!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated strategy guide
    • Wallpapers and screensavers
    • Beautiful concept art
    • Exclusive soundtrack

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville Th_screen1 PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville Th_screen2 PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 9 times in total
    bribling

PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville Empty Re: PuppetShow 4: Return to Joyville

Post by bribling Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 pm

I bought this right off as I have the other two games in this series and have enjoyed all of this Dev's games. As usual, the art is beautiful and the story is creepy. There is some small interaction in the HOS but for the most part this is a HO/Adventure with some good minis some of which are a little tough. There is no map. The Hint will show you what to do in a location or tell you there is nothing to do but will not point you in the right direction. I am often lost and have had to use the SG just to find out where to go. The fan inventory is nothing new but is often annoying. Instead of a Journal in book form, the "journal" is a rolled up set of loose papers which is also annoying and occasionally frustrating if you want to look back more than one or two pages.

Compared to the other games in this series, the mechanics of this one seem awkward. I have recently purchased three other games from this Dev. The more recent games seem somehow less developed than the earlier games but are still wonderful. The "trademark" music has been replaced with some new themes for the most part. I have not finished the game yet so I do not know anything about the Extra play.
    kac

Post by kac Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am

I liked Joyville and when this becomes an SE, will pick it up.
    oregonpandora

Post by oregonpandora Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm

I liked all the Puppet Show games but I will wait for the SE on this one also. I thought the others were quite short.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:40 am

About Face For Felicia

Sunny Sunny SunnySunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

In a delightful TWIST IN THE TALE, the latest episode in the PuppetShow series sees that evil soul-sucking woman from the last 3 games, Felicia, turning back time to prevent the accident that changed her life, and thereby altering the future for you and all her victims. Of course, to do so, she needs your help. SHOULD WE TRUST HER? Only one way to find out.

So begins the STORY in this game. It is presented in SPECTACULAR HAND DRAWN GRAPHICS with the signature texture and colour of ERS Game Studios. If you are new to the series and/or developer, you are in for a visual treat.

Can’t get quite so glowing about the MUSIC because it is, as always, REPETITIOUS. However, when the music halts for a while you get a DELIIGHTFULLY EERIE SOUND that could have come from the depths of space or time itself. VERY COOL.

The GENERAL GAMEPLAY takes us, for the most part, simply from one HO scene or puzzle to the next. There is not a lot of ADVENTURE.
    There is NO MAP, which might have saved quite a lot of running back and forth within the theatre, where little alcoves are around every corner. The HINT IS USELESS outside HOS. The ubiquitous “There’s nothing you can do here.”

The HO SCENES are SLIGHTLY INTERACTIVE LISTS, with ONE exception. (see next para.) We visit each scene twice.

We’ll have to find a name for these silhouette first-one-leads-to-another HOS. I’m gonna call them PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTE HOS.

So, we have precisely one of those here, the first HO in the game, so I’m guessing this was the first test of what has now become a very popular HO style.

Fewer than the HOS, the PUZZLES are also INTERESTING. More ORIGINAL than I expect from ERS, which means they were, for me, also MORE DIFFICULT than their usual fare. This is no doubt good news to our EXPERT fishies. Not so much for me. I had to skip quite a few.

This series is made to a SPECIFIC FORMULA, for which you either love them or hate them. For me, I love them, and most of all this one. The story was a genuine surprise for me, which is nice, and I like COMFY OLD SLIPPERS.

I Recommend This Game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm