Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 am

BF has apparently stopped giving a Monday bonus punch if you purchase a game with a punch card credit.  See more info HERE.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:26 pm

I always assumed that the extra punch came from Paid games only.
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 pm

luvtoread wrote:I always assumed that the extra punch came from Paid games only.

@Hi luvtoread...so very good to see you again!  Hope you have been well.     Half Flower 

I've ALWAY'S used PCC's for SE's on Bonus Punch Mondays with no problems.  I thought that was what Bonus Punch Mondays were for & waited until Mondays to use my PCC's.  Bonus punch or not, I've spent far more money at BF than any free games earned. 

@Genki
    - I replied to you & RMom in the 'Bonus Punch Mondays at Big Fish' topics.      Smile

Any suggestions for other game sites that can be trusted would be appreciated.  What is the best site to buy games from other than BF?  I'm not familiar with other game sites &  never purchased games from any site other than BF.

I send my games to an external so I can play them offline whenever I want & not be dependent on the internet or BF.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:16 pm

The BEST place to get games is GOG, since their games are DRM-free -- no game managers or activation codes -- but you're talking about casual games, right?

iWin perhaps?  They've been getting games BEFORE Big Fish gets them lately!  I haven't actually purchased from them, though.  The only other casual game sites I've bought from are GameHouse and Playrix, and (as usual) only when there's a good sale.
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:35 pm

genkicoll wrote:The BEST place to get games is GOG, since their games are DRM-free -- no game managers or activation codes -- but you're talking about casual games, right?

iWin perhaps?  They've been getting games BEFORE Big Fish gets them lately!  I haven't actually purchased from them, though.  The only other casual game sites I've bought from are GameHouse and Playrix, and (as usual) only when there's a good sale.

Thanks Genki...Yes, I've only played casual games. 

Is GOG the name of the game site?  LOVE the thought of no 'game managers or activation codes'!  Are you sent a disc or are the games installed/downloaded like at BF?  I have no personal info on 'any' site except BF...I don't trust the internet, so have kept my personal info limited there but am seriously thinking about going elsewhere.  If you trust GameHouse & Playrix I could try those.  I'd like to try iWin if they get games before BF if they're a trusted game site.  Thank you!      Offering
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:52 pm

OK, some threads for you to check out:

What is GOG (aka Good Old Games)? <-- I LOVE these guys.  ALL of their games are DRM-free, and the way it works is that you download an .exe file that you run, and there's your game!  No hoops to jump through, it's great!  Still, not a lot of casual games there.

What is Playrix Entertainment? <--Expensive, so I recommend only getting games there when there's a fabulous sale.

What is GameHouse?
     - GameHouse Discount Deals & Free games
     - The Difference Between Premium & Platinum Editions (at GameHouse)

What is GamersGate? <-- They do carry some casual games -- they're getting more and more -- but you'll want to wait for sales, as they charge more than Big Fish.  Some games need to be redeemed at Steam, so you'll want to watch for that.

What is Steam?

iWin has gotten at least half a dozen games before Big Fish in the past month or month and a half, and it makes me wonder if Big Fish is releasing their stranglehold on the developers in order to pursue other avenues (like F2P's.)   Spooky bats

Some of the info on these pages may be outdated -- I haven't adjusted them in ages!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Butterflyshrimp--- Big smile   So good to hear from you.    Good Old Games  (GOG)  is what she is
    referring to.   Also,   the Humble Bumble games I believe are DRM free.
    I have bought games from STEAM.   I like their site and never have had problems.  Quite a
    few Adventerous "Fishies"   (from BF site)  have bought Adventure Games from STEAM.

I hope all is well with you and that we hear from you more often.
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm

I have purchased from iWin before, and used them back before they were Iwin.  Every time I buy a game from there, it sets off my McAfee like the 4th of July.  It could just be a settings thing, IDK.  Their customer service, however, is horrendous, as is their refund policy.  This is just my experience with them.   Hmm...
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks Genki - I printed off all the info from you and luvtoread.  It looks like I have quite a few game sites to check out.  If you & luvtoread order from these sites & feel comfortable ordering from them, that's good enough for me.     Sunny  

Hi tesamoine - It's very nice to meet you.    I have McAfee and Norton so there's no telling what my computer will do.      Rolling Eyes   

Thanks luvtoread - Appreciate the Humble Bumble tip.  Will check it out also.  Would love to be here more but have other family members sick also (since last December still in the hospital).  Income tax time is right around the corner too.... I'm 'certifiable' then! Overreaction 

WARNING:   If anyone gets a phone call from their internet provider stating they need to take control of your computer because you have a Trojan & over 5,000 virus'...its a scam.  I received a call last week 'supposedly' from my internet provider saying that.  I kept them on the phone almost 7 minutes asking questions until the call was dropped or they hung up (they never called back).  I then contacted my internet provider, the PD & Dell.  I knew I didn't have a Trojan or 'any' virus problems because I'd done a scan and Dell had also the day before.  The call was from overseas & couldn't be traced.  I was told 'never' to let anyone have control of my computer (like I would)!  The only people I let have control of my computer is Dell.  I'm under warranty with them & if they mess it up they owe me a new one.  Thought I'd let you know just in case.  That was a 'new' one on me!  Both my phone's are on a 'no call' list.   I can't figure out how/where they got my email address + they called on my cell phone...not my home phone from my internet provider.      Dunno
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 am

Thanks for the warning butterfly!

I have recently used Legacy, which is a very small team, but they have casual games, sometimes good sales, and I found their customer service to be a bit slow but very good.

GameHouse is not so bad, and it really is the only competition for Big Fish, in casual games anyway, but I found their customer service to be grudging, and I like the developers Big Fish has an exclusive with - ERS, Elephant, Eipix.
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:02 am

Hi Butterfly.  Nice to meet you too  Big smile
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Received a reply today from BF about Double Punch Mondays.  I posted this at 'Latest Topics' for Bonus Punch Mondays at Big Fish also.  Their reply/explanation is below:

"We are reaching out to customers who have contacted us about issues getting a Bonus Punch while purchasing a game with a Big Fish Game Club Monthly Punch Card coupon code.  We apologize for any confusion.  There were recent changes to the Big Fish Game Club Monthly Punch Card program.  Punches cannot be earned for redeeming a Punch Card coupon, buying a gift Certificate, or buying an additional Game Club credit.  Punch Card coupon redemptions are eligible for bonus punches during a Bonus Punch Promotion.  When a Punch Card coupon is used during a Bonus Punch Promotion 1 punch will be added".

Using a Coupon Code:  For more information about the Punch Card and Bonus Punch Promotions please see the following help articles:

Big Fish Game Club Monthly Punch Card

Bonus Punch Promotions

Sincerely,

Big Fish Games Support Team

@Hi JustTheFacts - Is it ok if I call you Justy?   Thanks for the information on Legacy and GameHouse.  That's very nice of you & I appreciate the info very much.      Half Flower 

Happy gaming everyone!     Happy bounce 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:38 pm

The question isn't aimed at me, but she signed her first PM to me "Justie", so that's what I call her Sunny

Thanks for the update on the BF punches situation... and it was very considerate of you to post it in the other thread, too, so that we can find it again! Offering 

Legacy has some great deals, but they also take a LONG time to get games.  Well, except their own, of course Snicker
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:38 pm

Justie is good, butterfly!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:36 am

Your Welcome Jenki.  Very interesting about the PCC's.  Am waiting for the 'next' change on them (if I notice it).

@Thanks Justi - If you (or anyone) prefer, Fly is ok with me also... I have several different shortcuts for my name.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:15 am

Hi everybody! I hope you are all well and things in your lives are on a happy, even keel. I know my life is a bit bonkers, but I hope it's just me.

I've been playing Danse Macabre and overall, I'm rather enjoying it... except for one small(big) thing. I'll spoilerify it for those who haven't played it. 

Granted I have not completely finished the game, but this is bugging me and I need to get it off my chest. It's tainting what is otherwise a fairly enjoyable game for me. I like collecting the roses. The morphing object make me laugh though. I mean come on, could they be any more obvious? Oh, let's see, there's a random hammer just sitting in the powder room... not a bit suspicious or out of place... LOL 

Anyway, here is a famous Esme Mini Rant:

Spoiler:
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:22 am

Hi Esme,

I've not yet played the game, but I checked the spoiler anyway - it's a rare story that can surprise me.

Spoiler:
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 am

Sadly, I think you're right.

Esme's Words of Wisdom (and one cuss):
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:41 am

And I'd have just walked away! Very boring!  Elk grin 
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:04 am

Poor Gaspar is just so misunderstood.

*seething rage*  Gah!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:03 am

Ahahaha, Esme, I do so love your rants Laugh  I haven't played it, and won't be for quite some time yet, so I read it.  So good! Belly laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:29 pm

A while back we talked about an upcoming game by the makers of Scratches -- Asylum

I found this information today, and here's hoping it's accurate! 
    "Release date: Early 2014"

Some more info on the game:

A Psychological Horror Adventure Inspired By H. P. Lovecraft.

Decay surrounds you, dread around every corner. You feel imprisoned while traversing the endless corridors... Asylum is a chilling journey through the intricate floors of the Hanwell Mental Institute, in which unimaginable atrocities have occurred in the past. Over four years in production, this horror adventure aims to marry cutting edge visuals with thrilling storytelling to give you the ultimate experience in fear. From the designer of the award-winning and cult sleeper hit Scratches.

Some Key Features

• A mature and disturbing horror storyline that will haunt you for years to come
    • High definition graphics that remain sharp on the largest monitors
    • One of the biggest virtual buildings ever created for a game
    • Around 100 rooms to explore in breathtaking detail
    • Featuring the voice of industry veteran Josh Mandel
    • Over 15 hours of gameplay estimated
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Oh Asylum sounds fantastic !!!!!!!  Thanks for that update Smile
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Belly laugh I am laughing at your rants Esme.  I sooo agree.  Where's the backbone in these women?  geeeez.   Old Days
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 am

TeamTeetat wrote:I'm not sure about this but i'm pretty sure that Bad Omen changed its name to True Fear: Forsaken Souls which will be release tomorrow as TGT!

Wheeee~!! Happy bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:59 pm