Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

What is GameHouse?

genkicoll
    genkicoll

What is GameHouse? Empty What is GameHouse?

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 am

What is GameHouse?

- You have three price points to choose from: Non-members pay $9.99 for standard games, and $19.99 for Premium games. The $6.99 "Fun Ticket" gets you one game credit a month while the "Fun Pass" membership is $19.99 a month and gives you unlimited play to over 1000 games (PC users only). Purchased games drop to $6.99 standard and $13.99 Premium for both Fun Ticket and Fun Pass.

There is a Game Manager, of sorts, though it is set up differently than the one from Big Fish. Still, easy enough to figure out if you pay attention to the tabs at the top. When you download a GH game, the "manager" will open up and make sure you own the game (also if you're demoing). Once you've purchased the game and "notified" the game manager, you won't get the pop-up any more.

Some GameHouse exclusives: Mortimer Beckett, Campfire Legends, The Dream Voyager, and the Delicious: Emily games

Overall, GameHouse is a trusted site, though be aware of the ad-ware-supported "Free" games. Purchased games do not contain ad-ware.

Added by govegirl:

Funpass allows unlimited play of every game on the GameHouse site including premium editions

You can purchase an annual subscription to funpass for $120.

You do not need to be a member to buy the supersavers, just have be registered there

They offer a new free game every day- these free games are sponsored with ads.

The Game Manager is not compulsory. Gamehouse use a download manager for all their games. By default additional software is checked to include with your download- Make sure you uncheck the google chome browser or google toolbar if you do not wish the software installed.

GameHouse tech support has live chat as well as email and telephone call center support. Email support response time is usually within 24 hours.

Support Hours Call Center Hours:
    Monday – Friday: 6 am – 6 pm PT
    Saturday & Sunday: 7:30 am – 5 pm PT

Chat Hours:
    Monday – Friday: 6 am – 2 am PT
    Saturday & Sunday: 7 am – 2 am PT

Email:
    24 hours, 7 days a week

What is GameHouse? O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

What is GameHouse? Empty Re: What is GameHouse?

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 am

Since the original post was made, GameHouse has introduced coins, which are easy to accumulate, and which you can spend to get games!

• 1000 coins = 10% off game coupon
    • 5000 coins = 50% off coupon, valid on ALL games
    • 10,000 coins = FREE game coupon!

Coins are easy to earn. You get them just from signing in every day. The first day you get 5 coins, and each day you get more for singing in, up to the 5th day, when you get 250 coins. What is GameHouse? 364988687

You also get coins by playing the online games, demoing games, purchasing games, etc.

I make it part of my morning routine - just surf to GameHouse (making sure I'm signed in), get my coins, and I'm off again.

You don't have to be a paying member of GameHouse to earn coins, and the game codes you earn can be used on any standard $6.99 game or bundle.

So what's the catch? Recently the pop-up that awards the coins hasn't been working properly (for me, anyway), and the solution is that you have to disable Ad-Block Plus for the site. This means that you will see all of the ads on the site and during the online game-play, but it's not that big a deal, and easy to do:

When you have Ad-Block installed, you will see a red stop sign with the letters ABP in it somewhere on your browser task bar. For me, it's at the top right corner, next to the search box. Click on the stop sign (while you're on GameHouse), then choose "Disable on gamehouse.com".

Easy-peasy What is GameHouse? 364988687 and just as easy to re-enable if you so wish.

So far I have earned 3 free games just by visiting GameHouse every day, and as a bonus, you can use two coupons to get a Premium Edition!

Yay free stuff! What is GameHouse? 2520623126

What is GameHouse? O9fj

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 2:31 pm