Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2012 (disaster flick) Review

genkicoll
    genkicoll

2012 (disaster flick) Review Empty 2012 (disaster flick) Review

Post by genkicoll Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

An epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.

By now most of us have heard about the Mayan prediction of the end of the world, which is supposed to come in 2012. The movie is basically about the total destruction of the planet, from the inside out, and how humanity might be able to survive it.

I don't want to completely ruin the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, so I won't give specifics (except in a couple of spoiler tags), but COME ON!! 2012 (disaster flick) Review 1339004300 The storyline I can overlook, but the situations that the characters are put in are so fantastically deadly that they could not POSSIBLY survive. Period. No chances, none! Waiting until the very last second is very dramatic and all, but the "very last second" that the makers of this movie put them in area actually the "too late" moments. Surely everyone knows that a twin engine plane (that hasn't even taken off, yet)
    Spoiler:
    and that's just the beginning of my gripe for that particular scene! The movie is FILLED with this type close encounter, each more unbelievable than the last!

There are two saving graces for the film. First is the delightfully quirky (albeit short) roll that Woody Harrelson played. Outstanding acting that was the highlight of the movie. John Cusack was as good as ever, don't get me wrong, it's just that Woody really stood out.

Second is the graphics, which were top-of-the-line. Amazing visuals that were, nonetheless, overshadowed by my annoying adherence to the rules of physics and probability 2012 (disaster flick) Review 2371270459

Overall, the movie is worth seeing once, if only for the two positive elements I mentioned above... and if you can suspend disbelief for the 2.5 hours + that this film lasts, you might even enjoy it! 2012 (disaster flick) Review 1404866550

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm