Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors Empty Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors
    by Top Evidence Studio - April, 2010

Series links: Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors, Haunted Manor 2: Queen of Death, Haunted Manor 3: Painted Beauties

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition  
    iWin  

Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors Feat_2

Help Stan Riddle escape the Haunted Manor!

After being trapped  by the Lord of Mirrors, Stan needs you to guide him to safety! Use your  Hidden Object skills to find valuable items and piece together  perplexing puzzles. Discover why a beautiful mansion has been abandoned  and what caused the owner to disappear. Come up with a clever escape  plan to reach your friends in Haunted Manor – Lord of Mirrors!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Exclusive bonus adventure
    • Interactive Strategy Guide
    • Spooky ghost galleries
    • Unique wallpapers

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors Th_screen1  Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors Th_screen2  Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat May 24, 2014 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors Empty Re: Haunted Manor 1: Lord of Mirrors

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:34 am

Release Date: Apr 2010
    Developer: Top Evidence Studio

Surprisingly Good Graphics, Very Simple Gameplay
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I would never have thought to buy this one if it hadn’t been on sale at the same time the sequel, Queen of Death, but I’m not unhappy I did. It offers a different style of gameplay than I’d prefer, but of its type, I think it’s outstanding.

The first surprise was the clarity of the graphics. I don’t know how old this game is, but it seems to me that games of the same ilk never come close to the purity of this game’s artwork. It is excellent craftsmanship rather than art, but still impressive. Music includes ‘Requiem’, very spooky. I’d like to see more game developers use the very dramatic music offered by the classics.

I loved the story concept. Spooky manor, evil mirror, other trapped souls both good and evil. Good stuff.

Travelling from room to room via mirrors is an exceptionally fun device. It also worked well with the linear gameplay.

Each room is a separate chapter in itself, and each chapter is completed within that room. You have 2 HO searches and a couple of puzzles in each – all easy - with a little point and click to get you through the middle bits. The thing that sets it aside in terms of the gameplay is that you are given a list of the items needed outside the HO scenes as well as within. This seriously simplifies the game and would put off experienced gamers, and is the reason I wouldn’t recommend it, to them it’s worth no more than three stars.

I wish, though, that I’d known about this game when I first started on HOPA games after getting my feet wet with pure HO games. I had a terribly frustrating time figuring out the adventure parts of games. And the puzzles, even today, often still get the better of me. This game is the answer to a prayer for new gamers. It is excellent practice – particularly seeing the game style is repeated over many chapters. For newbies, the game deserves five stars.

I also loved the finish of this one, and if I hadn’t already decided to purchase the sequel before playing Lord of Mirrors, I would have on the strength of the potential of the story.

So, three stars or five? Split the difference, four stars. If you’re still a bit muddled, I would highly recommend this game and if you’re not I wouldn’t recommend it at all.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am