Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

World Keepers: Last Resort

genkicoll
    genkicoll

World Keepers: Last Resort Empty World Keepers: Last Resort

Post by genkicoll Mon May 22, 2017 3:44 pm

World Keepers: Last Resort
    by Alawar Stargaze - April, 2016

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin
    Steam

World Keepers: Last Resort Header

The fate of mankind hangs in the balance as a buccaneer strikes out across dangerous waters to discover the source of a devastating plague and destroy an ancient evil intent on wiping out humanity. Take the role of Elizabeth, a strong and confident hero, as she explores visually striking environments in her efforts to learn the truth. Search for clues and hidden items in a ruined island town, use your wits to overcome the terrifying creatures that demolished an Indian village, and avoid the smoke monster that threatens to end your journey. To advance, you'll need to find four dolls and learn to use each one's unique power. Every step of this thrilling expedition will bring you closer to the unforgettable finale. Packed with adventure, challenge, and jaw-dropping artwork, World Keepers: Last Resort offers a gaming experience that will absorb you from beginning to end.

• A strong and appealing female hero
    • An epic supernatural tale of adventure
    • Seven thrilling chapters to complete
    • Learn-as-you-play tutorial
    • Unlimited hints and tips

World Keepers: Last Resort World-keepers-last-resort-screenshot0
    World Keepers: Last Resort World-keepers-last-resort-screenshot4
    World Keepers: Last Resort World-keepers-last-resort-screenshot6
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

World Keepers: Last Resort Empty Re: World Keepers: Last Resort

Post by JustTheFacts Wed May 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Fabulous to see you putting up the info on new games genki!! Happy bounce Thank You

Evil Grin Next thing, I'll have to start reviewing them.  Silly face

But the forum is only allowing me access to some of these threads when they appear in the right hand column, with no distinction that I can tell. Suggestions?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed May 24, 2017 4:50 pm

That's odd... I'm having trouble with not being able to click on the links in the right-hand column sometimes, but only when I'm at work (using Chrome, whereas I use Firefox at home.)  Wonder if that has something to do with it... ?

I'm playing this game now, and am working on a review, myself.  Good to see you posting! Happy bounce  I think the D&E crowd has given up on GGG.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 am

Ah! I use Chrome exclusively, so that is probably it. Oh well, will have to cope with it I guess.

In between Dragon Cave and Midnight Castle I am dawdling through the first of the New York Mysteries. Only just started it really. Like it so far, but not yet wowed.  Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun May 28, 2017 2:11 pm

World Keepers: Last Resort (IHOG)

Options: separate sliders for music and sound effects, custom cursor and full-screen or windowed, plus three difficulties to choose from.  HINTS cannot be disabled, no matter which difficulty you choose, so click carefully.

There is a jump-to MAP, which can only be accessed via the journal (there's a MAP button at the very top.)

There are 7 chapters, total, and each contains one hidden object scene, which you will visit twice.  On the plus side, all of the items you find the first time around will stay gone.  The "Find" list can be minimized, and sometimes there are items that you need to find hidden behind it.  Be aware that there is a GLITCH in the second HOS in Chapter 2.  Solution:  'Scales' is listed twice.  One is balancing scales, as you would expect, the other is a weight that would go on the scales.

There are a couple of minor localization issues, but the only one that was really bothersome was trying to figure out what a "PUTTON" was (button, of course.)  It was the only mislabeled item I saw besides the "scales" issue mentioned above.

Scenes can be dragged vertically just a smidgen.

In the final chapter there is another GLITCH, which prevents some people (including me) from being able to solve the time puzzle without skipping.  SUPER-IRRITATING for those of us pursuing all of the achievements, as there's literally no way to get the achievement for not skipping any puzzles.  I also did not get the achievement for using no hints, despite starting the game over TWICE because I had accidentally hit the hint button >_< 

Thoughts:  Ridiculous story, good (but not outstanding) graphics, no voice-overs, recycled HOS, so-so in length... Just not the quality I'm used to from Alawar-Stargaze.  I was irritated with the game right from the beginning, but that is due to my personal preference.  I'd still recommend the game for a few hours of entertainment for HOG-lovers, although there are definitely better titles out there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm