Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

I'm Mad As Hell and tired of taking it

orphaned
    orphaned

I'm Mad As Hell  and tired of taking it Empty I'm Mad As Hell and tired of taking it

Post by orphaned Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:01 am

Half Flower

Letter to the Editor [ and the Mayor, TV and radio stations ]

There is something intrinsically wrong in how the various City departments are set up as there is no oversight.

Each section has become its own private kingdom, seemingly answerable only to itself.

Example A .... Building Department

If the main structure occupies  85 % of the property >>> only a carport or shed is permitted.

Yet  a concrete block, I-beam reinforced garage has been permitted. and is still standing.

Example  B  ... Committee of Adjustment

If you receive a letter from them >>> you may as well forget objecting as it is already a done deal.

And if your objections are noted .. a subsequent appeal can overturn it.

There is  something "wrong" when neighbours on the north and south side and the block behind it OBJECT
    to a 3 storey home being built on a 20X 120 lot on a 2 storey block and it is still passed.

Damage to the adjacent homes is inevitable ... as the footprint alone is well in excess of their lot.

note ... access to one property is DENIED !!!

Sometimes the Committee should SEE in person what is being proposed so a truly informed decision can be made.

Numbers lie ..

Half Flower 

am  in a state of impotent rage-filled almost resignation ... I'm Mad As Hell  and tired of taking it 3836606441

the City in all its ersatz wisdom is allowing a 3 (THREE) storey monster home on a 20 x 120 lot

beside me (and between another) bungalow also 20 x 120 lots on a street that is lined with 2 storey homes

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I have until the 27th to appeal ....

but once the notice from the Committee of Adjustment arrives ... resistance is futile as is already a done deal !!

bugger ..

the police have given me some wonderful advice

can you say NO TRESPASSING ???!!!

the footprint alone for that abomination is far in excess of their lot size ...

have called the Mayor, radio stations, TV  and written the newspapers

the appeal cost $125 ...

and my laptop will not give me the forms .. YET !!

so am merely in the eye of my storm

just hate it when  greed exceeds  need ..
    Esme
    Esme

I'm Mad As Hell  and tired of taking it Empty Re: I'm Mad As Hell and tired of taking it

Post by Esme Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:04 pm

I hope it all works out in your favor!
    orphaned
    orphaned

I'm Mad As Hell  and tired of taking it Empty Re: I'm Mad As Hell and tired of taking it

Post by orphaned Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Half Flower 

Thanks ...

but sadly, I doubt it ... Sigh 

The team of Me, Myself and I has not had much success ...

this is when I wish I had three legged help !!!

we tried to have a damaged (inside, at the core) tree removed for over 30 years ..

but our City has a crazy law that as long as there is a possibility of any part being saved >>> it stays.

even after a few bad ice storms wreaked havoc  !!!

such as a limb the size of a medium sized tree toppling and blocking me in my house ...

breaking hydro electric lines and creating a real and present danger  ...

wrecking a car TOTALLY and damaging a neighbour's porch irreparably 

I called and was again told no.

BUT a man called >>>> the tree was down in a matter of months !!!!   grrrrrrr

and the tree removers stated that the tree was literally rotten at the core and had been for decades !!!

you could SEE it at a glance .

how can one fight such stupidity !!!  Gah!

especially a lone female !!!     meh

I feel like Donna Quixote !!!!  Belly laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:42 am