Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Big Fish Game Coupons

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Big Fish Game Coupons Empty Big Fish Game Coupons

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:41 am

Thought you might like to know the result of my latest request for a 60% off coupon for downloading Awakening Kingdoms. It's kinda hilarious.  Stars 

Their reply to my query about it was:

For downloading Awakening Kingdoms and for being such a great and loyal customer I’ve gone ahead and issued you a coupon code to get any standard version game on our site.

Yup! That's 100% off, no expiry date, full punchcard-worthy coupon.

I had to laugh but it got funnier!! In the same email I had also asked about a punchcard credit that should have been added on a Monday purchase with a pc coupon code.

Because I was obviously confused and inconvenienced by the "new" rules about punchcards, their answer was, you guessed it! ANOTHER free game coupon of the punchcard worthy never expiring kind! For missing one lousy punch!

Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh 

Somebody in that place is totally nuts. They throw around game coupons, leave sale codes on until 8am PST AFTER the expiry deadline, and hold promotional sales with the same games and same awards, fail to issue them and give a bigger reward to those who are onto them!

Crazy  Am I nuts or them? Cuz I'm betting them!

Hey esme! Maybe that's what happens if you have too much contact with some of our crazier families!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Big Fish Game Coupons Empty Re: Big Fish Game Coupons

Post by Frodo Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 pm

You lucky thing, Jusite   Big smile 

I got the 60% coupon they advertised... but I had to email them about it. 
    You'd think they would give these things out automatically, and promoting it, but nnnooooooo.  Have to ask for it.   Rolling Eyes
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Justie, this gives me hope that the coupons I had that have expired because I couldn't use them because there was an issue with my stupid game manager refusing to install games (talk about a hilarious customer service experience) ... well this gives me hope that they'll reissue those coupons.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:04 pm

For sure, pippi! Big Fish is coupon-crazy. I guess it's a relatively cheap way to shut up people like me, all very pro-big fish but always looking for a way to save bucks.

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:16 am

I just sent them this:
    You've had two promotions for a 60% off coupon for downloading and installing Awakening Kingdoms, and I have not received a coupon either time. I had hoped to get a couple of CE's, but alas, no coupons.

Big Fish not following up on their promises is why I'm no longer a game club member, and why I have not yet signed back up for your services.

Do you have to be a game club member to receive these coupons? I didn't see that information anywhere in the FAQ for the promo, and I DID get a coupon the first time you ran one of these promos (for a different game.)

Not exactly friendly but it is accurate.

We'll see how they respond to me as a non-club member.  If past experiences are any indication, they won't be as nice as they were to Justie.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:22 am

I'll be very interested in the results genki!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:00 pm

In keeping with past experiences, they issued me a code for 60% off any game, AND she didn't read my e-mail Rolling Eyes  She said the code was to get 60% off of and enjoy Awakening Kingdoms!  Huh?  Excuse me, the game is already free.  *sigh*

Ah well, I got the code, and that's what I was looking for.  Pippi, if that doesn't take 60% off game club price, be sure to let me know and I'll have another talk with BF CS.
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Just found out my mother-in-law ordered some games from BF because they had versions that were supposed to work on Windows and Gamehouse (her usual site) did not have them.  Well they did NOT work on Windows 8 ... and BF customer service never responded to her email about it.

This gives me yet another thing to, ahem, discuss with this new and not improved customer service team they have.

Sigh.    Old Days
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:43 pm

!!!!! OH! !!!!!  OH! Nothing like that has EVER happened to me! I'm shocked and flummoxed!! Stars 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:02 pm